• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Let me see your boat names.

oramac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
IMG_20210312_162619161_HDR.jpg

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

TexAg2010

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
View attachment 142127
It’s a play on the common mispronunciation of my last name, and was too appropriate to pass up for the boat.
I have a pretty short name, but the font that fits width is a little too tall for the space between the handrails in the center of the lower platform seat back cushions. I could remove the Yamaha sticker on the transom and have adequate height, or I could go for the port and stbd quarters. Somewhere in the white arc above the rub rails, probably just aft of the mid cleats. Thoughts? Leaning towards transom.
View attachment 144240
2C53C970-967B-4905-BCA4-54835C331075.jpeg

Sonic Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SD
Boat Length
Hmmm. I’m facing the same decision with the same boat. I’m leaning towards the transom I’m struggling with subtlety . I want the name on the boat but as soon as it’s on the side....my identity is really out there for being identified. (for better or worse) 😂

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@TexAg2010 , I'm not a big fan of the quarter name placement (just my personal preference). I would explore other fonts and sizes for the transom. You can also see if they will shrink/expand an existing font to fit to a dimension. For mine, I measured the height that would fit under my grab rail and then just centered it and it worked fine (your mileage may vary, of course).

Just some ideas that may work for you...

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
IMG_2053.jpg

UnorthodoxCreations

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think it's funny for several reasons. I bought the boat about 6 months before Covid was a thing but I paid about what a couple's stimulus checks were. You can't really justify a boat for an economical reasons. In the grand scheme of boats I'm on such the cheap end that it doesn't even compare to most other boaters.2020-07-01 20.08.35.jpg

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I have a pretty short name, but the font that fits width is a little too tall for the space between the handrails in the center of the lower platform seat back cushions. I could remove the Yamaha sticker on the transom and have adequate height, or I could go for the port and stbd quarters. Somewhere in the white arc above the rub rails, probably just aft of the mid cleats. Thoughts? Leaning towards transom.
View attachment 144240
View attachment 144241
You can always get a custom piece of SeaDek cut with your name on it.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
View attachment 144240
View attachment 144241
I have the same boat. I am replacing the seadek pads on the swim deck with the name. Should be done in two weeks.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score