• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Locker plug

Robbyw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a new AR250 and this weekend I noticed water leaking from the anchor locker into the ski locker. It overfills at the top of the locker.
If I am not using my locker to stow the anchor why can’t I just plug that drain?

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You're actually getting enough water in your anchor locker that it overflows into your ski locker? I dont hink i have heard of enough water getting in there to do that. But if you are not using the locker then you could put a plug. Another member on here I believe did just that.

Robbyw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had two people riding upfront and it did fill up enough to flow through

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Find a snap plug on Amazon for it, or a rubber cork. Those two options are easily reversible.

The openings on the hatch cover will allow rain/water in, which then needs to be removed, a plug allows easy draining vs a sponge, towel or pump

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I plugged my anchor locker drain years ago, when I stored the anchor in the locker and even now that I use that compartment to hold fenders and lines. Regardless of what i store in that compartment, nothing was ever so wet that I needed to drain the anchor locker. A the same time, whenever I was at no wake mode water would flow freely into that compartment through the drain hole.

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
It's probably leaking into the hull. Common issue.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had two people riding upfront and it did fill up enough to flow through
You mean it is filling up the Anchor Locker up front and spilling over? NOT the "ski" locker which is in the center floor of the boat. If it is filling up the ski locker than that is another issue entirely!

Did you do the anchor locker drain fix? Use the search feature here to read all about it - very common issue and takes 5 minutes and some 5200 to seal and fix it with a new longer plug or a small piece of 3/8 OD pex tubing (which is what I did and works fine). This will seal the drain and let the water flow back out - but how in the world are you getting enough water to fill it up? Are you burying the bow into waves? Have a ton of people sitting up front to keep the bow down lower in the water?

Same boat here and never once had anywhere near that amount of water in the locker.

Robbyw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Water is flowing from the anchor locker into the ski locker. If you look towards the front of the ski locker you see it flowing from the top of the anchor locker into the ski locker.
This is a different issue than draining into the hull because of a short drain. Noticed it while idling along. Once on plane the anchor locker and ski locker drained.

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Water is flowing from the anchor locker into the ski locker. If you look towards the front of the ski locker you see it flowing from the top of the anchor locker into the ski locker.
This is a different issue than draining into the hull because of a short drain. Noticed it while idling along. Once on plane the anchor locker and ski locker drained.
Super confused by this... can you post a video? I am not sure how it is even physically possible to do that - you have like 5 feet between those 2 lockers and no connection at all between them. So if the ski locker is filling up it must be leaking into the hull through the anchor drain and somehow flowing down into the ski locker?

Again, would love to help you figure this out - I have the same boat just super confused by what you are saying.

Robbyw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
at least on the AR250 they do connect . The ski locker runs all the way to the anchor locker. At the very top there is a gap big enough run your hand through. I am not at the boat so I can’t take a picture. I filled the anchor locker with a hose and you can see it run over at the top into the ski locker.

If you open the anchor locker and get down and look towards the top of the ski locker you can see the light from the anchor locker.

Last edited:

LakesideLaw

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Huh...ok... super interesting - I will be looking at this on Friday! So I guess you should just get a plug like these Amazon Plugs - plug up that drain hole so the water does not come up into the Anchor locker and spill over into the ski locker... that ski locker is huge so that is a ton of water if the ski locker was filled up! I have not seen anything like happening on my AR250.

1WetBoat

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting info, never noticed the two connected like that, good to know. So that means if you add a drain to the anchor locker it wont drain into the bilge, instead it will drain into the ski locker? Unless you run a drain hose directly or something like that.

Gonna take a look next time im at the boat.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
at least on the AR250 they do connect . The ski locker runs all the way to the anchor locker. At the very top there is a gap big enough run your hand through. I am not at the boat so I can’t take a picture. I filled the anchor locker with a house and you can see it run over at the top into the ski locker.

If you open the anchor locker and get down and look towards the top of the ski locker you can see the light from the anchor locker.
I used to think that the anchor locker drained directly into the bilge on my 2010 242 as well. But it does not, like you said, it drains into the ski locker and eventually into the bilge if ski lockers drain plug is out.