• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Looking to purchase my first boat… possibly a 2020 AR210

tch324

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I wouldn't sweat that HIN tracking. Looks like was in OH when new, went to FL in March 2016 probably dealer, then sold to customer in NC in April 2016, then transferred to VA later in 2016. Maybe owner moved from NC to VA in Fall of 2016? Maybe they are actually 3rd owner? As long as owner has title to boat and trailer in his name you are good and you get it all notarized then you are good.

Intercoastal = saltwater. Some people freak out about this. As long as it has been flushed properly and often should be fine.

Not trying to scare you off to coming to Eastern NC, if owner gets back to you and boat checks out and just dirty that's easy to fix. Just letting you know Bertie County ain't Delaware, but they do grow some of the best peanuts in the world.
Southern Delaware is mostly backwoods rural so I’m actually pretty familiar with that… it’s more the fact that something just doesn’t feel right about it and the guy has been the most responsive so I’m moving on. Thanks though.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
If it was me, I would get the 2020 with the YES Warranty which is transferable. As long as it checks out and is safe. Also your resale will be much higher if you choose to sell or upgrade. Lose an engine and you are going to 7-10k. The warranty helps in that scenario alot.
Agreed. New with warranty beats older without in my world.

Maineiac

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don’t sweat the title stuff. Many states don’t treat boats the way they do cars and cancel registrations when they are sold and re-registered elsewhere unless the previous owner is proactive.

tch324

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The guy with 2020 stopped responding to my requests/questions. So I ran down to VA Beach to scope out the 2015. Really nice guy, showed/explained how he maintained everything on the boat and trailer. He even told me to feel free to reach with any questions or problems if they arise. Took it out for about an hour on the test ride. Ran great. Boat is immaculate... I might even say like new (with the exception of the bimini and cover, both of which are a little weathered). I'm now the proud new owner of a 2015 SX210. I'll post some pictures from my "maiden voyage", which will hopefully be this weekend, if not sooner.

Mully262

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SD
Boat Length
The guy with 2020 stopped responding to my requests/questions. So I ran down to VA Beach to scope out the 2015. Really nice guy, showed/explained how he maintained everything on the boat and trailer. He even told me to feel free to reach with any questions or problems if they arise. Took it out for about an hour on the test ride. Ran great. Boat is immaculate... I might even say like new (with the exception of the bimini and cover, both of which are a little weathered). I'm now the proud new owner of a 2015 SX210. I'll post some pictures from my "maiden voyage", which will hopefully be this weekend, if not sooner.
That's awesome. Congratulations!

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Fantastic. Guy with the 2020 could have been a scam or whatever. Not sure why he would sell his boat 7k or so under what it would sell for.