• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loving the SeaDek kit!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes we'll create those pads if you can send over the DXF.

In regards to the large pads vs the smaller broken pads we found that installing smaller pads is easier for first time installers. Also you're right, if you need to replace one pad it is half the price as compared to replacing a large pad when you have them broken. Also we have the option to offer the thick 20mm upgrades when we break the helm pads.

One final note. I have sold the Black-Tip pads in the past and if I know anything about the company that made Black-Tip and is now making Marine Mat, they will produce a nice looking product but the quality will not be nearly as good as the SeaDek. I have personally seen the Marine Mat delaminating after only a few years of use. Also cracking and disintegrating has been observed. SeaDek hands down will last you longer, I would bet by at least double the amount of time.

FYI: We are going to be launching a snap down version in 2017. I am still not sure that it will have any advantages over the stick down version but if people want it we want to be able to provide it. We'll keep you posted as we learn more about the process.

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome let us know when you have all the info you need so we can order.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'll send you the DXF tomorrow Will. Thanks for helping us complete the cockpit even more!

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great can't wait until mine comes in.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry could not get the template made today. My home A/C went out again yesterday (4th time this season) so priorities had shifted. I'll make the template this weekend and bring it in with me to work on Monday to make you the DXF file.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Beautiful job @haknslash, I see you copied the mistake I made with my kit.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Beautiful job @haknslash, I see you copied the mistake I made with my kit.
Thanks we got to enjoy it for the first time today out on the water. Felt so good on the feet. What mistake did I make lol? I'm worried now haha...

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yes please give us an update. I have the complete inside kit on order and would like to order the additional piece as well.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Sorry for the delay everyone. Work and life has been hectic lately and I didn't have time to crawl in the boat. I pulled the cover back tonight and took the measurements and I will draw it up while at work tomorrow. I'll print it out full scale on paper first to make sure it fits nicely and then send it to Will. Pieces are roughly 21.5" x 2" and 6" x 2". There are some angles around the scupper and radii on the corners I'll add for a nice, finished fit to match perfectly. Hang in there guys!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I got the pieces drawn up today and printed out. I'll do the test fit tonight and if everytthing lines up nicely I'll send the DXF to Will (@JetBoatPilot).

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Awesome! Thanks for taking the time to do this.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The suspense is killing us! I'm dying to know about this "mistake" before I install my kit next weekend! :}
The only mistake I know of that I made was getting the ski locker a little crooked. If you order the bow kit the two outer pieces are easy to get backwards since it can fit even if you have pieces on the wrong side and rotated wrong. I almost made the mistake of putting them in the wrong orientation. The rear step over pieces also have a slight curve to them and can be placed either way but you'll notice they should match the same slight curve of the engine hatch gap.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to help!

Here's the templates laid out in the boat, keeping in mind I still have snaps under the paper so that's why they're not laying flat. One tiny detail I noticed was one side of the pocket for the scupper is not quite the same angle as the other (smaller) side. The angle looks dead on for the right piece but the left piece could stand to be a couple of degrees larger if we want to nit pick the details lol. I can change it and print it out again or we can live with it so that it symmetrically matches the same angle as the other piece (20 degrees). Other than that tiny difference I think they look pretty good and if take them as is if that's what it would take lol.

Thoughts?

Attachments

Last edited:

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are you talking about the orange side or blue.
It looks good but now that you have pointed it out my OCD would kick in. Kinda hard to tell from the pics though. You are the one doing all the work and I don't know how much trouble or time it would take you to redo.

Is it that noticeable and would it bother you ?

IMG_0988.JPG