• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Loving the SeaDek kit!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Does it come with any product to fill the tiny holes from the removed snap downs? Or do you fill with any caulk / silicon type of product? Or not worry about it because the seadek itself will just cover the holes adequately?
Nah it won't come with any silicone sealant. I chose not to bother with sealing up any holes that were going to covered by the SeaDek. It's closed cell so doesn't allow water through and even if any small amounts water did make it to a hole, it would just go into the bilge. For any of the holes that weren't able to be covered up I will use 3M 5200 Fast Cure.

Last edited:

jpass

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I plan on using 5200 on all holes prier to installation.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If I had some laying around I would have probably used it but it's not really necessary since this is closed cell. I only had 3 holes that the SeaDek did not cover up so I'll go over those with the sealant. I'm not worried about the holes under the SeaDek as there really should be much water, if any, make it under the mat to the holes if you properly cleaned the surface and installed the mat with a good solid bond.

The reminds me to comment on something. There are 3 snaps that I left in the boat that there is no included SeaDek pieces to cover them up. These are the snaps just below the engine hatch, rear of the fuel compartment floor. I think I may leave those in if I don't stub my toe on them. My thinking is I may be able to use them if I ever decide to have a custom rain/winter canopy made. We will see if they get in the way but usually your toes are near them when getting in or out of the cockpit.

Last edited:

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stupid question but how do you get the seat off.

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

gpp7824

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The reminds me to comment on something. There are 3 snaps that I left in the boat that there is no included SeaDek pieces to cover them up. These are the snaps just below the engine hatch, rear of the fuel compartment floor. I think I may leave those in if I don't stub my toe on them...
Take a look at this mat set from Marine Mat that another member has installed. It comes with some small trim pieces to cover that exposed area in the cockpit.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/ar190-ar192-pics.4762/page-12#post-157683

I wonder if Will @JetBoatPilot could add this trim to his sets as an accessory like the bow trim.
I'd certainly love to have it to complete my new install!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yea I'd love to have those two pieces !

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Same! Those two would really round out the install.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@JetBoatPilot do you think you could make those two small trim pieces?

gpp7824

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The more I compare the Marine Mat and JBP SeaDek kits I find my self torn on the number of pieces.

I like the fact the Marine Mat kit only uses 5 (large) pieces for the full cockpit since it would make install a bit easier and i really like the looks.
I like the fact that even the AR series mats have the location of the second captain's chair in the pattern just in case you wanted to install later!

However, I like the fact the JBP Seadek kit uses 9 (medium) pieces since it would allow me to replace any later damaged pieces more easily.
I also wonder if the 9 piece approach helps to get better installation of small pieces than trying to avoid any bubbles in a single large pieces?

Thoughts?

In any case, my JBP SeaDek kits just arrived yesterday and i've got some 4200 coming from amazon. Going to be a busy weekend!
Would really love to get those two trim bits to complete the cockpit!

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'd be in for those two pieces as well. That little area and those 3 snaps drive me nuts. For my install when I removed the snaps there was some flaking taking place around the screw holes that is still visible in places where the seadek doesn't 100% cover it. Being very OCD the 3m stuff doesn't really hide that. If there's no option to cover those 3 snaps below the engine hatch I was considering using gel coat paste on those holes.

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Response I got from jet boat pilot.

Since we haven't cut those before we would need to see the boat or you would need to send us templates of those areas in order for us to produce those and give you an accurate pricing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm sure one of us could easily offer him a template. I'm game if nobody else steps in. I can even draw it in CAD and give it to him in DXF for his CNC

Rick Owens

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That would be awesome I'm in. Let me know if you hear anything.

Summers420us

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I'm sure one of us could easily offer him a template. I'm game if nobody else steps in. I can even draw it in CAD and give it to him in DXF for his CNC
Please do!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I sent him a message so we'll see if he's interested in me providing the template file.

gpp7824

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My understanding is that the templates can be as simple as brown kraft paper cut to the desired shape. They will then enter into their system via measurement.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My understanding is that the templates can be as simple as brown kraft paper cut to the desired shape. They will then enter into their system via measurement.
Yes cardboard could suffice I'm sure but I'd be saving him and his machine operator time having to code it in by giving him the DXF file. I'm pretty sure he uses a CNC that can read CAD files.