• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lucky 13 cone L13

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
NOTE: Used L13 cone twice with thrust vector wake and the nozzle deflector snapped. I cannot prove either way what the cause of this break was. I am just putting out the information, so you can make your own decisions.
[/QUOTE]

Curious was the bottom bolt still there holding the nozzle in place when you discovered the top of the nozzle broken or was the bottom bolt missing and the nozzle was dangling by the linkages when you found it?

Lee18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The bottom bolt was not there.

FireFighterHill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is anyone having this same issue with the Cobra Jet Steering systems?

mwalker4

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Is anyone having this same issue with the Cobra Jet Steering systems?
Neither the other JBP systems or Cobra Jet systems are suspect. The TVW shapes the jet output therefore has a greater force hitting it. I see you have a 2019 19'. I have CJS system on my 2019 SX190. It believe that it significanty reduces your reverse steering because it blocks the reverse buckets side thrust component. A couple of folks have agreed, but others are very happy with their reverse on '19s after installing CJS. Just thought I would mention it. I have kept my CJS on for forward steering, but I wish their was a fin option to allow for the reverse side thrust. I might be modifying the existing fins or making my own.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Hhcoachdave

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So is there anyone who has SHO pump with Thrust Vector Wake and L13 cone having any positive results?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So is there anyone who has SHO pump with Thrust Vector Wake and L13 cone having any positive results?
It's been said by Will (Jetboatpilot) that the TVW is not compatible with the L13 cone. You'll have to go Cobra fins

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks to Jerry at GreenHulk! Cant wait to get out and test them. No issues about where the top is labeled as stated in earlier versions.

7118F120-476F-4E08-AF10-DFB627B04158.jpeg27896C75-C65C-46C8-B311-E7DFE341B453.jpeg

grywlfbg

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Excellent! I still need to do this mod before the lake warms up.

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Well worth it.

jacoviii

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I got mine but want to take the boat out once when it warms up so I can tell the difference before and after.

@JC!

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I tried one on my FZS SHO and cavitation was terrible and I dropped significant top end and holeshot so went back to my R&D pump cone which works great. Jerry's a great guy and took it back but I'd steer clear on a SHO pump. From what I've heard from friends with SVHOs, they do work with the 160mm pump. Of course that doesn't answer your question on TVs, I have TV XVs on my AR195 but haven't changed the pump cone yet.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Has anyone had issues using the L13 with the standard thrust vector X setup as opposed to the wake version?

Rod5

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Has anyone had issues using the L13 with the standard thrust vector X setup as opposed to the wake version?
I’ve been running the L13’s with TV wake package for a year now with no issues.

Calphor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve been running the L13’s with TV wake package for a year now with no issues.
I’ve been using an L13 with ThrustVector Wake all season with no issues as well.