• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lucky 13 ( L13 ) Anti-Cavitation Cone Install / 2016 AR240

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's correct. Installed the sho/ho lucky 13 cone today on my 2019 190. Pretty easy. Make sure to swap grease and o ring. I was concerned that I tightened the Allen bolts too much. Added cobra fins as well. We'll test it out this weekend.
Thank you. Please let us know after your test this weekend on how she feels.

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thank you. Please let us know after your test this weekend on how she feels.
I’ve got the cone off ready to install the L13 when it arrives tomorrow. I noticed when I took the Venturi/bucket housing off there was a gasket seal around the rim. Did you put anything on that when you reassembled or does it need it? The original came off in a few spots when I pulled it off.

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Tried it out today. Definitely helped hole shot but not sure about top speed. Only got around 37 mph but it was rough water and very windy. Previously got 42 mph top. Fins seemed to help with stearing but it does add a little more resistance. Hopefully the fins and cone didn't reduce top speed. I'd like to keep my top speed at 40+. Haven't tried any water sports yet.

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
S
Tried it out today. Definitely helped hole shot but not sure about top speed. Only got around 37 mph but it was rough water and very windy. Previously got 42 mph top. Fins seemed to help with stearing but it does add a little more resistance. Hopefully the fins and cone didn't reduce top speed. I'd like to keep my top speed at 40+. Haven't tried any water sports yet.
sounds like you might need a few more runs to determine if it helped. Did you see my question above? Just curious if yours had the same gasket like material.

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
S

sounds like you might need a few more runs to determine if it helped. Did you see my question above? Just curious if yours had the same gasket like material.
It did. I just used some silicone in place of it. Use gasket maker if you have it.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I’ve got the cone off ready to install the L13 when it arrives tomorrow. I noticed when I took the Venturi/bucket housing off there was a gasket seal around the rim. Did you put anything on that when you reassembled or does it need it? The original came off in a few spots when I pulled it off.
Not critical but gasket maker silicone or blue RV silicone can be used there.

--

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The top RPM will be more informative to follow, along the top speed, is using the same impeller.
What was you top RPM before and after? If it is dropping too much need to take spacers off.

--

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My top speed was 48 after all the mods on my 192 pushing 7800 RPMs. See sig for mods. You should always be above 40. Like @swatski said it all about the RPM. Let us know what it is.

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My top speed was 48 after all the mods on my 192 pushing 7800 RPMs. See sig for mods. You should always be above 40. Like @swatski said it all about the RPM. Let us know what it is.
I believe I'm around 7600 rpm if I remember correctly which is around where I was prior to the install. I really just need to test it out on calmer water. Which spacers would you take off first?

Dean P

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I believe I'm around 7600 rpm if I remember correctly which is around where I was prior to the install. I really just need to test it out on calmer water. Which spacers would you take off first?
I believe the best way to prove a point is to go from one extreme to the other. Take them all out and see what you get then. You need to understand the best and worst condition you can get and then adjust accordingly. But, please take the boat out again before you do anything to record your readings. Then start experimenting.

Spooling

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The manual at least for my boat calls for Loctite anerobic gasket maker between the Venturi and the pump. I used the permatex version which seemed to work well. Permatex® Anaerobic Gasket Maker - Permatex

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I run on my lake at about 151' elevation. Am I correct that there are no real adverse impacts with these boats until you get higher in elevation? The Lucky 13 cone arrived today and I'll be installing it tonight when I get home. Cobra fins were installed last night. Hopefully I'll be dropping it back in the water within the next couple evenings to see how it performs.

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I run on my lake at about 151' elevation. Am I correct that there are no real adverse impacts with these boats until you get higher in elevation? The Lucky 13 cone arrived today and I'll be installing it tonight when I get home. Cobra fins were installed last night. Hopefully I'll be dropping it back in the water within the next couple evenings to see how it performs.
Did you have any trouble getting the fins on? The tip of my spring kept catching on the reverse bucket so I had to add an extra washer on the right side to space it out slightly further.

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you have any trouble getting the fins on? The tip of my spring kept catching on the reverse bucket so I had to add an extra washer on the right side to space it out slightly further.
I didn’t have any issues. Nothing was catching.

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you have to cut down the steering linkage bolt? I can’t get mine on without it hitting the spring in the cobra fin. I’m going to cut it but was curious if I am the only one.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you have to cut down the steering linkage bolt? I can’t get mine on without it hitting the spring in the cobra fin. I’m going to cut it but was curious if I am the only one.
Try email long or calling Jeff? @Cobra Jet Steering LLC
He has been super helpful.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
The steering linkage bolt is supposed to be aimed down not up with the bolt head on top not the nylock nut. that is why I said to remove the fin and put the bolt back the correct way.

Huv1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Cobra fins and Lucky 13 cone installed. I had a little hiccup where I put the steering linkage bolt in upside down with the nut on the top but that is corrected and all is good. Hopefully I’ll get it in the water tomorrow night to see how it handles. 34D35D19-22C8-48C6-BCED-EFFA0F81DDDD.jpeg

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went out on the water today to test out the cone. With all 3 spacers I'm at around 7600 rpm and top speed around 37 mph. When I removed all the spacers it took me down to 7500 with a top speed of 35.

Not sure why I'm experiencing a loss in top speed as I used to be able to run 40-42 WOT with a stock cone, ribbon delete and no fins. That was also prior to my 10 hour service (changed oil and filter, added grease to housing). I checked the oil level and I'm right between the high-low marks and I put the right amount of grease in the housing. Any thoughts on what is killing my top speed?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Went out on the water today to test out the cone. With all 3 spacers I'm at around 7600 rpm and top speed around 37 mph. When I removed all the spacers it took me down to 7500 with a top speed of 35.

Not sure why I'm experiencing a loss in top speed as I used to be able to run 40-42 WOT with a stock cone, ribbon delete and no fins. That was also prior to my 10 hour service (changed oil and filter, added grease to housing). I checked the oil level and I'm right between the high-low marks and I put the right amount of grease in the housing. Any thoughts on what is killing my top speed?
What were you top RPM before? Same impeller?