• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Completed Lucky 13 Performance Cone Group Buy - April 1st to 30th 2017

Would you be interested in buying Lucky 13 Performance Cone(s) in a group buy?

• Yes, one cone, willing to pay $275

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Yes, two cones, willing to pay $275 each

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes, one cone, willing to pay $250

Votes: 2 6.3%
  • Yes, two cones, willing to pay $250 each

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Yes, one cone, willing to pay $225

Votes: 11 34.4%
  • Yes, two cones, willing to pay $225 each

Votes: 17 53.1%

• Total voters

SamCF

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length

Need for speed

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Does anybody have a picture of a cone installed?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geez I'm so torn on about getting this in the offseason this year. It's almost like a crap shoot from my understanding of these trials and reports. You may or not get anything out of them. What to do lol

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Geez I'm so torn on about getting this in the offseason this year. It's almost like a crap shoot from my understanding of these trials and reports. You may or not get anything out of them. What to do lol
For anyone buying those specifically to get a bit more top speed I would say - be prepared to do some serious tuning work - or save your money. In other words, yes, it will work but requires at least some tuning - beyond adding/removing the spacers. That involves adjustments to impeller pitch and sizing the venturi nozzle opening.

On the other hand, if getting the maximum low end pull and hole shot with no cavitation is the primary goal, those L13s are great for that! Especially in combination with the factory (OEM) impellers. One can make small adjustments to RPM (by adding/removing spacers) and bring the twins closer together at the same time - while getting rid of cavitation, too. So, it is a win-win there.

That last part is very easy, too. Adding/removing spacers (one can choose to use anywhere between 0 and 5 spacers, in different sizes) can be done without removing the pumps or nozzles. It takes a little bit of wiggle-ing up and down working through the back nozzle opening, but is quite easy to do even with my own (not so small) hands.

Which makes basic L13 adjustments a blast - and no time, with the boat on the trailer.

Hope this helps.

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Party pooper. Any experiment with cold air intake yet? Would that make much of a difference for low end torque?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Party pooper. Any experiment with cold air intake yet? Would that make much of a difference for low end torque?
I'm not going to do this, as I do not find any evidence that the engines are starved of air at WOT. For example, there is no suction detectable on the fire extinguisher hole (in the engine hatch), and no RPM gain if one cracks the engine hatch open.

And besides, the intakes would need to open somewhere in the stern and would need to be routed across the engine bay, along (hot) engine heads - so the air would already be warmed up anyway - by the time it enters throttle body. I think someone has done it in a 192 and that was their experience.

--

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Gotcha. Makes sense why no one is talking about it on here either. I should have known you all probably thought about all that lol. When it comes to auto and their performances, I'm def a noob.

Liftr

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Bump.

Is there any interest in pursuing another group buy on these cones?

tracywaa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
ill take 2 if we get them down to $238.40 again - i missed that deal

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I recently installed a Lucky 13 cone on my 2017 AR 195 and I was blown away by the difference. The cone with all 3 spacers installed nearly eliminated all cavitation. My understanding on the new 2019 AR 195's cavitation is a serious issue with the new haul design and this product could really help resolve it. Just my .02

Banditgrrr

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'll take one if another group buy starts.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For anyone with a 190/192/195 who's on the fence, here are two old clips of my old 190 - WOT starts (off of a dead stop).

Just listen to the first 5 seconds of each clip, note the difference in the amount of cavitation ("wha-wha" sound of impeller slipping and overrevving) - the boat had ECU reflash and a bunch of mods so the power was there, but it took me a while to harness it - until I found the L13!

No L13:

After L13 (and I think 3 spacers, 10mm):

--

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
watching

giroux68

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this a better mod than a new impeller set up? Or are the result different from both?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Is this a better mod than a new impeller set up? Or are the result different from both?
Well, I guess it depends on a goal. If chasing top speed probably need to play with both.
If tuning for best hole shot/surfing with a lot of ballast - the L13 is a relatively simple upgrade easier to tune up as compared to repitching the impellers. The OEM impellers have the longest blades, except the longest are actually the ones used in single engine boats. @Williamsone46 pointed this out as they use those in twin Yamahas at high altitude.
I have a pair that's waiting to be tested for surfing, maybe later this Spring.

--

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Between @swatski @Hoyt @Smitty78 and and a few more of you, my $40K boat is going to end up with $15K of upgrades and accessories.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length