• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Lumitec Seablaze X on an AR240

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It has it's own feed from the house bank. It is run through a fuse, then a switch at the helm, then to the controller. I'm not sure what the current draw will be for your setup, but this monster draws almost 5 amps.

I like being able to have the stern light on without the LED.

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg image.jpeg Well I finally knocked it out. Went with 3/4 King Star board. Used a 4-1/4 hole cutter then sanded and buffed the sides to pollish it up. Took a bit of sanding to get the curvature but none the less super excited about the turnout. Put 5200 between everything just need to see how she looks in the water. After testing I can't imagine needing a middle light but we'll see

Last edited:

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Trevor Shipman that looks awesome! Very clean! I hope it works exactly like you want. :winkingthumbsup"

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @Mark I'm really pleased with the outcome! I appreciate everyone's advise! Can't wait to get her in the water

Mark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anytime! And I'm ready to make a few splashes myself!

shane hric

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
View attachment 35162 View attachment 35161 View attachment 35159 View attachment 35160 Well I finally knocked it out. Went with 3/4 King Star board. Used a 4-1/4 hole cutter then sanded and buffed the sides to posit it up. Took a bit of sanding to get he curvature but none the less super excited about the turnout. Put 5200 between everything just need to see how she looks in the water. After testing I can't imagine needing a middle light but we'll see
Awesome job! I am installing my 3 when my boat is back from the awning shop (having my camping cover made). Is the King Starboard dense plastic? How is the cycling going between the blue and white fading or the strobing effects look?

Thanks

Trevor Shipman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks @shane hric the Starboard is very dense, nice stuff. I went with the 3/4 but you could probably get away with 1/2. I actually got the blue only, not with the white option. Good luck on your install, let us know how it turns out.

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If they are out of the water when you are cruising then you won't be able to use them when in motion. My buddy had his mounted a little to high and I was behind him going across the lake last year, his lights nearly blinded me. I could not follow him at all. After we told him he no longer uses them when he is underway.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Nice install @Trevor Shipman ! I can't wait to see them in the water.

FWIW, I usually don't use mine as much underway as when swimming behind the boat.