• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Maiden voyage

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Well guys and gals, I finally took delivery today! Now I'm officially part of the clan! Man what a blast. It was only a quick joy ride for 45 minutes but it was fun. Definitely need to learn how to handle her at slow speed. Yes I know of the mods out there but I want to learn the hard way first.

It was windy and choppy at the lake so anything above 25mph felt rough. Docking at the slip was scary because or how windy it was but I got it first try! Then j realized I have no idea how to tie a knot. Lol

IMG_20190321_153448.jpgMVIMG_20190321_153454-EFFECTS.jpg

Attachments

Dan_NC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Welcome to the club. Hope to meet y'all at a gathering this year. I'm glad someone else had boating on their mind this early. I am still deciding whether to dunk her in the water this weekend. Fingers crossed we can get some warmer weather that sticks around without rain!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congratulations @tabbibus -but you are not an official member of the clan until you launch without the clean outs installed and suck up a rope. Keep working on it brother.

Beachbummer

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
No need for low speed handling, keep it at High RPM and handling is great! :)

If you insist on going slow sometimes, it's a matter of more practice..once you figure out how to anticipate the movement, you can track straight no problem. (I went with an after market add anyway because it made it much easier for me, but it's not mandatory)

Joking aside, one humble suggestion...Don't dock any faster than that speed at which you are OK hitting the dock. It will happen, and it's OK, but if you come very fast, try to reverse fast at the end, etc...there is a much greater chance of hitting way too hard...slow and steady wins..if you bump, you bump, and you live :)

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats! If it made it back in one piece that is a successful maiden voyage :D

I'm glad to hear you like learning it the hard way before trying mods. Personally I don't find it hard at all once you get used to it. I made a thread with some tips on how to use No Wake Mode and TDE to your advantage around the docks and trailer if you want some reading and video material https://jetboaters.net/threads/how-i-use-no-wake-mode-and-tde-to-retrieve-my-boat.17161/. Perhaps it will help you.

Congrats again on your new, shiny toy!

n1111z

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Outstanding! I'm taking delivery of the same boat next week in Cape Coral. I can't wait and would love to hear any input from you re. new boat breakin, handling tips, GPS use, etc. How do you like those eThrottles?

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Outstanding! I'm taking delivery of the same boat next week in Cape Coral. I can't wait and would love to hear any input from you re. new boat breakin, handling tips, GPS use, etc. How do you like those eThrottles?
Mine was a demo, 6 hours of life. Was already broken in. I only took her out for a quickie today but those ethrottles were smooth as butter. Loved it. Handling is something I have to figure out. @haknslash has a good post about it that even though I read and watched a million times before, I still didn't do it like him haha! Practicie I guess.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Add the Magnum A K or the new SUPER Magnum A K system with the A K Mega Fang Plus upgrade and let the fun begin. Cobra Venom MAGNUM AK Series for Yamaha Articulated Keel Boats or go all in with the ULTIMATE or SUPER Ultimate A K system and Mega Fang Plus Cobra Ultimate AK Steering System The most versatile most effective and most balanced system you can add to your boat.
https://jetboaters.net/threads/cobra-jet-ultimate-ak-w-mega-fangs-plus-review.19567/
https://jetboaters.net/threads/my-personal-views-review-of-the-cobra-venom-magnum-ak-with-mega-fangs.19526/#post-334867

Attachments

Last edited:

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well guys and gals, I finally took delivery today! Now I'm officially part of the clan! Man what a blast. It was only a quick joy ride for 45 minutes but it was fun...Then j realized I have no idea how to tie a knot. Lol

View attachment 89992View attachment 89993
Don't let all these scare you, you only need to learn a few. The Bowline and Cleat and Clove hitch's and a couple others are good to know on a power boat. Sailors need to know more of these knots and hitches.

20190322_070917.jpg

Boating Knots by Grog | How to Tie | Step by Step Animations

Last edited:

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Grats on the boat and enjoy!

NewBoater

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Love the boat! Congrats. Get a Stoltz Bow roller asap to replace yellow one or the black will get all marked up from stock roller. Enjoy the summer on the water!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Love the boat! Congrats. Get a Stoltz Bow roller asap to replace yellow one or the black will get all marked up from stock roller. Enjoy the summer on the water!
Thanks. Eventually I will. But no plans of trailering at all for now.