• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Map suggestions for dragonfly 4 Pro

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
We are purchasing a Raymarine Dragonfly 4 Pro and wondering if anyone has suggestions about which maps to purchase that will cover the Bimini trip. We are planning on going in 2016 and will be purchasing items needed over the next few months. After researching the Dragonfly, we have noticed they come with so many map options and we aren't sure which is best fit for the trip. There are c-maps, gold, navionics+.....any suggestions will be helpful!

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I believe the current Navionics offerings from Raymarine come with a year of Navionics Updates.

I am using the $99 a year updates package to download the maps for the areas I boat in. You need an existing Navionics chip such as the Gold to begin using Updates.

BgTravis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Gr
I believe the current Navionics offerings from Raymarine come with a year of Navionics Updates.

I am using the $99 a year updates package to download the maps for the areas I boat in. You need an existing Navionics chip such as the Gold to begin using Updates.

Great! Thank you so much, @Bruce!

cabbie

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
I have the Dragonfly 5 installed on my boat and consider my screen too small. Additionally, be aware that the Dragonfly doesn't plot or store courses. You will be able to zoom out and place a single course marker from your current location to the designated waypoint, the Dragonfly will then display a course line directly to that waypoint (across any shoals or other hazards). I do like the Navionics charts that were included with the plotter, and you do get one year of updates included.

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you have not purchased yet there is a $100 rebate on the 5 Pro.

Nathan_85

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If you have not purchased yet there is a $100 rebate on the 5 Pro.
where you get this from?? i am buying one but first i came here to see what you guys think

Bruce

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length