• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Announcing the 2024 Jetboat Pilot 10th Annual Marine Mat Group Buy for JetBoaters.net members only! This is your best time to buy Marine Mat from JetboatPilot - you won't get a better price - 30% Off! Use Coupon Code JETBOATERS.NET at checkout.

So if you are tired of stepping on really hot snaps/carpet, or tired of that musty carpet smell - Marine Mat is the best alternative out there! Get in on this now, or pay more later!

You only have until September 30th to get in on this.....So Hurry!

You can dismiss this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner>>>>>>>>

Marine Mat Installation - Temp

Edge540je

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hi,
I just purchased a new AR190 and ordered the Marine Mats from Jet Pilot. The installation instructions say to install above 60°F. I was looking to install these before I put away for storage in Wisconsin. It has been in the 50's the last week, but tomorrow will be 72° with a nightime low of 58°F and Wednesday will be 68°F with a low of 60°F. stays this way until Friday night and then it cools down to 40's. If I install the mats on Tuesday during the day in my garage will I get proper adhesion? Or am I better to wait until sometime in spring? I do not want to rush the process but it would be nice to have it ready for next year.

For those of you who may have installed in cooler temperatures have you had in issues?

Please advise. Thanks in advance.

I installed mine at the end of last season in similar weather and had no issues with it at all. Got lucky and hit a few warm days just like this week.

Thanks for the reply. I hope to do it tomorrow. I have it all prepped. Probably just do another wipe down with acetone and lay them down.

Just remembered I actually had to peel one of my sections off the swim platform this summer since the layers separated in one spot, and I can confirm it was stuck on very well. It was a nightmare trying to get it off.

Thanks for the reply. I hope to do it tomorrow. I have it all prepped. Probably just do another wipe down with acetone and lay them down.

This is probably too late, but my boat is around Oshkosh, and have done this in a variety of temps. If you got it done, you'll be fine. If you didn't, with temps changing drastically next weekend, hold off.

If you're waiting for spring, I'll suggest doing it with the mooring cover on, and an electric space heater to warm up the area for certain, and I wouldn't do it on a day where nights will be less than 40°, unless you will leave the heater plugged in and running, and it has a working thermostat to switch off if it gets too hot. One night should be enough.

To help, AFTER everything is stuck down, go over it with a rolling pin, and if you hear any popping sounds, that's an air bubble - poke it with a pin while working the area to get the air out, and everything stuck down

I was planning on installing today at 74f. Next few days are in 60’s still a no go?

That’s pretty similar to what I did mine in last year, and it was fine for me.

I am hoping so. Packaging says install at temps above 60. But I do not understand what the cure time is? 1 day? A week?

I was planning on installing today at 74f. Next few days are in 60’s still a no go?

I would get it done today or tomorrow, Thursday night is when temps will start to dive. DON'T rush it just to get it all done, you'll be kicking yourself if you make any mistakes.

I am hoping so. Packaging says install at temps above 60. But I do not understand what the cure time is? 1 day? A week?

There really isn't a "cure" time, the adhesive is pretty sticky. Heating it up may "melt" it somewhat, but it isn't going to be much more likely to stick better. Like I said, take an electric heater under the cover, and set it on the lowest setting, then move the temp up slightly until you feel like you're starting to sweat. Back it down a touch, and let it run for a few hours to put your mind at ease, 4-6 hours will be more than enough, and probably akin to antifreeze to winterizing the boat - not needed, but it can help the heart in your brain ?

What part of WI are you?

Was nice and hot in sun at 78 in West Bend.
It went well… took 6 hours

pre and post pics

Attachments

• IMG_1076.jpeg
    IMG_1076.jpeg
    426.1 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1077.jpeg
    IMG_1077.jpeg
    438.5 KB · Views: 24
  • IMG_1078.jpeg
    IMG_1078.jpeg
    549.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_1075.jpeg
    IMG_1075.jpeg
    580.8 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0847.jpeg
    IMG_0847.jpeg
    494.7 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_0844.jpeg
    IMG_0844.jpeg
    497 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0846.jpeg
    IMG_0846.jpeg
    437.9 KB · Views: 23
Looks awesome! I really like the logo on the swim platform.

Thanks…Sharon at jet boat pilot took care of me on this one. It was a 90 up charge but it was worth it. They also must have thrown in the bow front pad with logo because it was not part of the “optional packag” class act place. Super happy with them. Also snuck I on the 30% off….

Back