• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

MasterCraft X-20 2015

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Well, MC is a top-of-the-line boat manufacturer. Yes, they're very expensive, but so are Cobalts, Nautiques, etc.. The thing I think is crazy is how much difference there seems to be between the MSRP and the street price of these types of boats. A buddy of mine was just working a deal on a 2014 Malibu 23 LSV listed at 96K and the best offer from the dealer was 74K. That's a lot of wiggle room on price and makes you wonder how many people actually go in and pay full asking.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I see something like this in my future as a second boat. Fortunately I can wait a few years since my kids are too young now.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Well, MC is a top-of-the-line boat manufacturer. Yes, they're very expensive, but so are Cobalts, Nautiques, etc.. The thing I think is crazy is how much difference there seems to be between the MSRP and the street price of these types of boats. A buddy of mine was just working a deal on a 2014 Malibu 23 LSV listed at 96K and the best offer from the dealer was 74K. That's a lot of wiggle room on price and makes you wonder how many people actually go in and pay full asking.
No shit. I remember just a few years ago shopping for a boat. I remember seeing a Bryant 233x at the dealer for $70k - same dealer had a MasterCraft X25 for $100k. That was the best they could do. Fast forward 3 months, and the same dealer, same salesman is at the boat show, but now the Bryant is $55k and the MC is $80k - Boat Show Specials of course. o_O
Huge mark up!

Venkman

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Super nice boat, but for that kind of money on a 20 foot I could never justify that. I don't even think I paid that much for my first house.

brockhals

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
That's more money than I have in my lake house...with a 30x40x14 barn for boat storage...what a machine though!

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was just Googling MasterCraft X20 , and this old thread on mine popped up...
I actually have an X20 now after starting this thread almost 5 years ago !!!
LOL

Its actually for sale...looking to get an X23 this seasonIMG_4328.jpeg

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
uggggh,I can even keep up with all those boats in your sig., can't wait to see pictures and here the reviews of the new one!

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was just Googling MasterCraft X20 , and this old thread on mine popped up...
I actually have an X20 now after starting this thread almost 5 years ago !!!
LOL

Its actually for sale...looking to get an X23 this seasonView attachment 89529
Great to see you back in here!

Just out of curiousity, how does the X20 wake and experience compare to an NXT if you have been in one.

Also - have you ever surfed behind a Yamaha?
Here is our good friend, Larry (he is an MC guy, also owner of ski-it-again.com, so he knows a thing or two about ski boats) - surfing behind our humble yami. He was a bit flabbergasted... I still don’t know what he’s thinking, but - he no longer makes fun of people talking about surfing behind a jet boat, lol.

1552668034753.jpeg

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@lashburn1 has been all over the place - a Yami, several MC’s and a Nautique - he knows his shit.

Years ago, I wanted an MC or a Malibu -!fast forward - my kids (twins, 1 boy, 1 girl) are now 18. They have jobs, boyfriends, girlfriends - they are never home now and are off to college in 5 months - now me and the wife are looking at laid back Cobalts. Yeah - I’m 52 looking at Cobalts. :(

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@lashburn1 has been all over the place - a Yami, several MC’s and a Nautique - he knows his shit.

Years ago, I wanted an MC or a Malibu -!fast forward - my kids (twins, 1 boy, 1 girl) are now 18. They have jobs, boyfriends, girlfriends - they are never home now and are off to college in 5 months - now me and the wife are looking at laid back Cobalts. Yeah - I’m 52 looking at Cobalts. :(
Crazy how sh@t changes in a few years! Not looking forward to all of that but I have a couple years of innocence left.

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

HA!!! I just turned 52 this month as well, 1 Kid in College, 2 in High School, boat has def dropped on the priority list of theirs, but they still want to go to Havasu for Spring Break LOL....

lashburn1

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Hey Swat, the X20 is the best of MC Surf Boats "I" have owned, but there are some others and newer models that do it better X23(disc) X22 X24, .... X20 is a whole different beast than the NXT20, I really wanted to like the NXT20 but its relly small inside and was sparsly equipted in 2015-2017.... NXT22 is worth a looked for someone who must have New/Warranty... otherwise an X series a few year order is always a better buy and comes with much nicer stock features.

I surfed with Rope behind my 2013 242LS , but never let go , My daughter did once but could stay in the wave...
We were at Lake Powell in 2013 with the Yamaha and saw people riding ropeless behind "Wake Boats"... We went home and researched what they were and sold the Yamaha at the end of the Summer ....

here's a cool video of that trip on our New 2013 242LS...

—[/QUOTE]

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey Swat, the X20 is the best of MC Surf Boats "I" have owned, but there are some others and newer models that do it better X23(disc) X22 X24, .... X20 is a whole different beast than the NXT20, I really wanted to like the NXT20 but its relly small inside and was sparsly equipted in 2015-2017.... NXT22 is worth a looked for someone who must have New/Warranty... otherwise an X series a few year order is always a better buy and comes with much nicer stock features.

I surfed with Rope behind my 2013 242LS , but never let go , My daughter did once but could stay in the wave...
We were at Lake Powell in 2013 with the Yamaha and saw people riding ropeless behind "Wake Boats"... We went home and researched what they were and sold the Yamaha at the end of the Summer ....

here's a cool video of that trip on our New 2013 242LS...

Great video, what a spectacular place. We are in the middle of planning a Powell trip for June. Do you recall what was the narrow pass before 2:00 mark? That’s just awesome boating, man.

That clip with platform starts should be in the FAQs here for Yamaha wake surfing!! You make it easy, lol.