• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Memorial Day Boating!!!

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Crooked Creek campground @Lake Keowee SC .
@bigwoo ..I would be interested in your opinion of that lake/area when you return. That is one of the lakes/area the wife and I are considering for retirement in a few years.

jdonalds

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
But then you miss all the topless beach parties and let's not forget the entertainment at the ramps.
So much the better. I don't need the temptation or the aggrivation.

Bruther57

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Heading to Cedar Creek for Memorial Day weekend. Right now only 3.77 feet down. Hopefully we get some good rain before then.

DoubleThrust

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Definitely like the party weekends... Topless girls? I'm not married for those kinds of very lovely reasons.

That being said it'll probably be a mixture of quads & camping and a different day on the water for me, assuming that is this sh$t weather Spring rights itself stat. If this year in Ohio ends up like lasts years boating season, I will be rioting in the streets!

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will probably get an early start to go out to FI for lunch and then head back home and BBQ at about 5pm.

octavio3311

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
On holidays, we take it slow and head out early to our favorite hangout party cove - family party cove (can't take the kids to the adults cove):arghh:. Gotta get there early enough to find good anchoring spots. Show up late and forget it.
No watersports on holidays. We stay well clear of the lake - way too much comotion and traffic and lack of judgement. And way too many go fast boats. No thank you.
We hang out all day and then head back in around 6pm or later. Late enough that most of the yahoo's are either already off the lake or they're sitting comfortably on the bar stool.

Zarrella

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
@bigwoo ..I would be interested in your opinion of that lake/area when you return. That is one of the lakes/area the wife and I are considering for retirement in a few years.
Lake Keowee is one of my favorite lakes. We rent a house there every summer for a family get together. The lake is beautiful as is it's sister Lake Jocassee. :winkingthumbsup"

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We stay clear of the lakes during holiday weekends. I made that mistake once many years ago.

billyb

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
We will be at the lake of the ozarks...it gets pretty busy on Holliday weekends, but the wife and kids can't wait to ride the new boat.

I on the other hand, will need to install the ez locks and try to get my head mods done (take two for this).

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
On a boat. A really big one. It's called the USS GEORGE WASHINGTON.....I hear it's crazier than Havasu on Memorial Dayo_O
Especially if it is crossing the equator. . . . .

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will probably get an early start to go out to FI for lunch and then head back home and BBQ at about 5pm.
I was thinking of heading to Jones Beach (Zach's Bay) for the Air Show with the kids. . . . . They run it on Saturday and Sunday as a full dress rehearsal, just no announcer. Maybe we'll see you out there if we Launch in Bayshore.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I was thinking of heading to Jones Beach (Zach's Bay) for the Air Show with the kids. . . . . They run it on Saturday and Sunday as a full dress rehearsal, just no announcer. Maybe we'll see you out there if we Launch in Bayshore.
I am usually at Hemlock Cove which not too far, I will head over to check out the air show. What time are the rehearsals? I will look for your boat...

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There is definitely a site with the info. . . . . However, I am mobile currently and have no idea what it is. I will be sure to post later.

cozilla

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Lake Wylie with the inlaws aboard.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Put the dock in at friends cottage down the street. We use it a lot and they even gave us a key for the toilet and such. Thus, we help out where we can.

Zeus2013

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
There is definitely a site with the info. . . . . However, I am mobile currently and have no idea what it is. I will be sure to post later.
No worries, I found the site and Zach's looks like a great place anchor.

Sotally Tober

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ours too... Heading there on the Friday before memorial and staying all weekend. Usually just park in the channel on Saturday and watch the craziness from there...
This is killing me!!! I live for the holiday weekends. In fact my boat is designed for holiday weekends and I will not be able to partake in any of them due to the fact that I will be deployed this year and next year during all of the crazy ones. :( :mad: :rage: :arghh: