• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Minnesota Jetboaters

jetboater4life

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat! Maybe I'll see you out on Lake Zumbro sometime. My boat is on an ezdock lift just around the bend to the right from the DNR launch. I took the star stickers off so now it's just red and white.

Rammrodd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XE
Boat Length
Red Wing is great. Lots of turns in the river and back channel routes to explore. I highly suggest getting the navionics boating app for your phone at the very least to get an accurate read on contours as they can change depending on river level.

Tark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats on the boat! Maybe I'll see you out on Lake Zumbro sometime. My boat is on an ezdock lift just around the bend to the right from the DNR launch. I took the star stickers off so now it's just red and white.
Thanks! I’ll keep my eyes open for you. My wife and I are in a Yamaha sx190, grey and black. We enjoyed a little lunch at the bar and grill there last year too. Friendly people!

Tark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Red Wing is great. Lots of turns in the river and back channel routes to explore. I highly suggest getting the navionics boating app for your phone at the very least to get an accurate read on contours as they can change depending on river level.
Thanks for the advice! Can’t wait to explore it!

Rakkaone187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Who’s getting stir crazy and impatient now that the boating season is right around the corner? My family and I went on a road trip to the gulf and Atlantic side of Florida a week ago, thinking that would shift my focus away from boating while I sit comfortably under an umbrella on the beach. It did not. Instead, it added compound interest to my need to be out on the water. On a positive note, all this waiting has me planning new lakes to visit in MN.

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just hoping I can get out on the water this year, I tore my ACL in my right knee and will need surgery to replace it. Now I'll have a matching set of knees because about 30 years ago I tore my left ACL.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since pulling the fish house last month (by law) I have been even more focused on getting miles on my sled. We did another 125 on Sunday. The snow conditions are the best we have seen in decades.

That being said, grant in aid trails close April 1, so that fun will come to an end soon too. I'm actually working on a fishing boat restoration project in my shop. The Yamaha is not suited for Minnesota walleyes.

Rakkaone187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just hoping I can get out on the water this year, I tore my ACL in my right knee and will need surgery to replace it. Now I'll have a matching set of knees because about 30 years ago I tore my left ACL.
I am sorry to hear about your torn ACL. I hope your surgery is successful and you have a speedy recovery. I also hope you are able to take your boat out this summer. Do you have someone you trust that can launch the boat for you? Or at the very least assist you with the most physically demanding part of launching/retrieving?

jimbobalu

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am sorry to hear about your torn ACL. I hope your surgery is successful and you have a speedy recovery. I also hope you are able to take your boat out this summer. Do you have someone you trust that can launch the boat for you? Or at the very least assist you with the most physically demanding part of launching/retrieving?
My 16 year old son should be able to help, I just need to teach him the nuances of maneuvering around a dock and loading and unloading the trailer. He drives fine in open water so we'll see. If I can get the surgery soon I should be fine to limp around and take care of things.

Rakkaone187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My 16 year old son should be able to help, I just need to teach him the nuances of maneuvering around a dock and loading and unloading the trailer. He drives fine in open water so we'll see. If I can get the surgery soon I should be fine to limp around and take care of things.
I’m glad to hear you have a helper. Take care of yourself while you wait for the surgery. And ask for help, especially with tasks that could put you in a worse situation. Well I hope your plans come together this summer which allows you to enjoy that MN boat life

Tark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Who’s getting stir crazy and impatient now that the boating season is right around the corner? My family and I went on a road trip to the gulf and Atlantic side of Florida a week ago, thinking that would shift my focus away from boating while I sit comfortably under an umbrella on the beach. It did not. Instead, it added compound interest to my need to be out on the water. On a positive note, all this waiting has me planning new lakes to visit in MN.
That had to be nice to get away from MN winter for a bit! I am feeling the stir crazy setting in. I’ve been trying to do some planning also. I need to stay off of boat accessory websites though or April and May could get me in trouble…

Tark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Best wishes with the surgery! I hope you can get it taken care of and enjoy some summer!

Tark

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Since pulling the fish house last month (by law) I have been even more focused on getting miles on my sled. We did another 125 on Sunday. The snow conditions are the best we have seen in decades.

That being said, grant in aid trails close April 1, so that fun will come to an end soon too. I'm actually working on a fishing boat restoration project in my shop. The Yamaha is not suited for Minnesota walleyes.
Winter and summer hobbies…smart!

Rakkaone187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That had to be nice to get away from MN winter for a bit! I am feeling the stir crazy setting in. I’ve been trying to do some planning also. I need to stay off of boat accessory websites though or April and May could get me in trouble…
It was nice but also a double edged sword. Makes you want the warmer weather even more. I too have to stay off Marine accessory websites. I find myself adding more products to the online shopping cart with more than I need. If I didn’t have self control I’d be in a poor predicament.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Winter and summer hobbies…smart!
This photo from a week ago, does not serve the snow depth justice. My foot prints drop another foot at least below the surface.

We have summer waverunners, and winter waverunners. This yamaha rips the winter waves!

1679497166881.png

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This photo from a week ago, does not serve the snow depth justice. My foot prints drop another foot at least below the surface.

We have summer waverunners, and winter waverunners. This yamaha rips the winter waves!

View attachment 196220
Wow. We got two snows here all winter and it stuck to the ground for a day or two before melting. Lk. St. Clair didn't freeze, neither did the bays and rivers. Most lakes barely had any ice, nothing you could walk on.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We got around 8" that weekend, and we got another 6" last night. I just got done moving snow for two hours. It's really too bad we only have one more week of legal riding on the trails.

Rakkaone187

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So my garage door finally took a dump and needs to be replaced. Normally this would have bugged me however, this time there is a silver lining. It’s early boat season!! I have to pull the boat out early to “fix the garage door”. *wink. But, in actuality I will sit in the yammy and just enjoy being the captain. Day dreaming of the water, the yammy, my family/friends laughing, splashing, and smiling. All the while, looking like the weird neighbor but feeling like a king. Then, realize the boss lady is yelling for me to help change a poopy diaper, get the (b/g) twins to clean up their mess on the couch. A quick sigh, and a big breath of air. Only a few more weeks until I’m out doing what I love best. Cheers.