• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Monster Tower MTK Group Buy

Would you be interested in a Monster Tower MTK w/top group buy?

• Yes

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • No

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I’m pretty sure I’m in, just priced out replacing the parts I need from factory and it makes more sense to just replace the tower... pretty sad, they want 70$ just for the threaded knobs...

Tobes why did you decide to mount up top? Would there be any reason you could think I wouldn’t be able to mount from the side? From the pics I’ve been looking at it looks like you can get a better angle / more forward lean if you mount to the side of the boat...

And as always thank you guys for your time and effort to get this going.
I can lean it forward more which I will adjust over the winter. I was worried about clearances of getting it in the garage and where it would be sitting. It'll be fine so It will shift down a bit.

I used the factory mount for the front and drilled new rear holes (utilized the front factory holes for wiring, they are only 3/8" or so). Much stronger mounting than side mounting and I only had to reinforce 1 of the holes instead of 2 each side. Made it a pretty easy install coming from the factory tower.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I can lean it forward more which I will adjust over the winter. I was worried about clearances of getting it in the garage and where it would be sitting. It'll be fine so It will shift down a bit.

I used the factory mount for the front and drilled new rear holes (utilized the front factory holes for wiring, they are only 3/8" or so). Much stronger mounting than side mounting and I only had to reinforce 1 of the holes instead of 2 each side. Made it a pretty easy install coming from the factory tower.
awesome, looks great, hopefully we get the discount, but I do have to ask... what was the mistake you made?

Last edited:

Kaiser211

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m pretty sure I am in but if we don’t get 10 ordered for the discount what do we have to pay or can we cancel?

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
awesome, looks great, hopefully we get the discount, but I do have to ask... what was the mistake you made?
Mistake??? The post you quoted didn't mention a mistake so I am not sure what you are asking about.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Mistake??? The post you quoted didn't mention a mistake so I am not sure what you are asking about.
Stumbled upon your other post with the install, you mentioned something about the instructions that you didn’t agree with

Tobes

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Stumbled upon your other post with the install, you mentioned something about the instructions that you didn’t agree with
Had to do with the placement and mock up. Better way to do it I just cant remember.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't need one for my AR, but, in wishing you all the best of luck and a few more orders, I am bumping this to the top of the list... :)

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I just found this thread about group buy. Looks like I missed out. I bought a 2020 SX195 last May and was looking at adding a tower this winter. I called Yamaha yesterday and they discouraged me from adding a factory tower. The rep said the reinforcement wasn't there like the AR and the S model. I thought the hulls were the same! You guys who purchased the MTK with bimini at the discount how did the install go? Can you fold forward so that just fits inside windshield? thanks in advance. Robert

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
I just found this thread about group buy. Looks like I missed out. I bought a 2020 SX195 last May and was looking at adding a tower this winter. I called Yamaha yesterday and they discouraged me from adding a factory tower. The rep said the reinforcement wasn't there like the AR and the S model. I thought the hulls were the same! You guys who purchased the MTK with bimini at the discount how did the install go? Can you fold forward so that just fits inside windshield? thanks in advance. Robert
Sorry, you missed out, it was a good deal. I would encourage you to maybe wait a few months and see if you can organize a group buy with them just like I did. They are super nice. I personally installed it to fold back. You have the option if you would like to fold forward or backward based on the position of the bases. The instal is not hard, just takes time and assistance from a friend or two helps with measuring everything out. I don't know who you spoke with at Yamaha about the hull, as the designation for the boat to be an SX or an AR is after the mold has been created. I call BS on their answer. They are exactly the same. There are around 3 inches of reinforced fiberglass on the gunnels. I still used marine plywood for additional support. It would be very inefficient and costly for them to create different molds for these models. I hope this awnsers some of your questions and ask away if you have more.

1611857029510.png

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
1611857111072.png

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks Michal, Now I see how you mounted to fold back. I think most installs I have seen, you can see the original bimini hooks about in middle of the brackets.
Did you get a top? I see you are in NC. I am from NC and live in VA now. Use the boat on lakes and rivers here in Richmond area and down in Emerald Isle (bogue sound) a few times a year. Gets awfully hot and humid especially in no wake zones. Robert

Michal

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
Thanks Michal, Now I see how you mounted to fold back. I think most installs I have seen, you can see the original bimini hooks about in middle of the brackets.
Did you get a top? I see you are in NC. I am from NC and live in VA now. Use the boat on lakes and rivers here in Richmond area and down in Emerald Isle (bogue sound) a few times a year. Gets awfully hot and humid especially in no wake zones. Robert
Hi Robert,

Yes, we live in Hampstead right outside of Wilmington. I did get the bimini top but did not have enough time to install it yet. I'm hoping to do it this weekend. As to the install, I wanted the top bracket to be closer to the top of the gunnel and the bottom further away from the fuel lines. I really don't think there is much of a difference as long as you make sure you are clear of all obstacles. If you decide to get the tower and install it as I did, let them know you will need the longer mounting bolts. Because of the reinforced fiberglass, the bolts barely had enough tread showing to catch the nut. This is another indicator that these hulls/gunnels are the same as the AR. They sent me longer bolts within 2 days, this allowed me to also use marine plywood to help distribute the weight. This is a pretty cool video that I watched a few times along with the provided instructions to help me with the install.

rtaylor

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Look forward to seeing pics of installed top. thanks again!