• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mountain bike riders?

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Lucky (my KSL) has gotten some action, and I am in love with this "light" ebike. Got her a new stem as well.
View attachment 208984

View attachment 208987

View attachment 208988

View attachment 208986

And my oldest daughter had herself a new bike day as well! Canyon Spectral!

View attachment 208985
How does it feel on the downhills? I took the santa cruz ebike on some downhill trail in Colombia, and I could definitely feel that it weighed 50+ lbs and I didn't like that.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
How does it feel on the downhills? I took the santa cruz ebike on some downhill trail in Colombia, and I could definitely feel that it weighed 50+ lbs and I didn't like that.
This is a SL ebike, the lighter ones. With pedals it is at around 41 or 42 lbs. Not that much different than my Ipis Ripmo at 35 lbs. The bike is suboptimal at slow tight turns, which is expected for a 170/170 travel, slack enduro rig. But when you point it down, it eats up everything and doesn't break a sweat. Since it is not a tank, you can still throw it around, but you need to muscle it a bit more compared to a non ebike. For me, this is my perfect bike. I can reach the top of the climb with fresh legs, but still get my HR up. And then I'm nice and fresh to send it down. Party laps for sure.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is a SL ebike, the lighter ones. With pedals it is at around 41 or 42 lbs. Not that much different than my Ipis Ripmo at 35 lbs. The bike is suboptimal at slow tight turns, which is expected for a 170/170 travel, slack enduro rig. But when you point it down, it eats up everything and doesn't break a sweat. Since it is not a tank, you can still throw it around, but you need to muscle it a bit more compared to a non ebike. For me, this is my perfect bike. I can reach the top of the climb with fresh legs, but still get my HR up. And then I'm nice and fresh to send it down. Party laps for sure.
My cannondale jekyll was like 35/36lbs and it felt nice on the downhills. I would imagine that 41/42lbs is acceptable. I'm glad you're enjoying it. Bring it to Medellín so I can try it 👍

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
We went to a town called Santa Elena this past Sunday. 9000ft above sea level. For someone that grew up at sea level, I've acclimated pretty well. But these guys can ride a long time! after 4+ hours, I finished with cramps in my both legs and had to finish by walking.

2F63E39B-4C3D-458F-9C88-ABA4FD0A3FE7.JPG

8C865166-DBDD-43D7-BFCB-10AF17E5686F.JPG

D5BF6B1E-BBE4-43E0-B5B1-A02EC9B93A42.JPG

E8B22782-7CC8-4263-B600-E8F660797E98.JPG

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series