• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mountain bike riders?

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Any mountain bike riders here? I typically ride downhill bike parks. I just upgraded to my 1st carbon bike: 2018 Cannondale Jekyll 3.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My man! I wish I had access to park riding. We have a really nifty mini downhill area near my house that I frequent. I ride a Fuel Ex 9. My first full squish. Have had it for almost two years now.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
My man! I wish I had access to park riding. We have a really nifty mini downhill area near my house that I frequent. I ride a Fuel Ex 9. My first full squish. Have had it for almost two years now.
I see you live in Lake Lanier. My sister lived in Flowery Branch about 4 years ago and I went to Durham MX park when I visited there. Very cool place.
It's definitely worth checking out some bike parks. I see there are some parks like 3 hours from you. I typically ride at Mountain Creek in NJ

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I believe the best one near me is Windrock. I plan to one day go. But with work, 3 kids (one is a new born), it is hard to find time

LeeFlan7

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I do a lot of trail riding, having access to a park would be a whole new level. I ride a Trek Fuel EX7.
I started riding growing up in the English Lake District.

I wish I could do more riding actually...just until my boys get a little older it isn't the most family friendly activity.

DCB-270

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I've been riding for a long time. Raced for a while now just ride to burn off the beer. Had a few bikes.
Klein hardtail
Klein Mantra alum
Klein Mantra carbon
Klein palimino
Klein Adept
Amp B1
Amp B2
Amp B3
Gary Fisher HiFi 29
Giant Anthem alum 29
Giant Anthem carbon 29

Last edited:

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I ride from time to time (beer burn off too!) and would like to check out some of the local ski area's bike parks, they look like a lot of fun (chairlift up, bike down). When I do get out around home it's mostly single track trails and bike paths so have a hard tail 29er (Trek X-Caliber 8).

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
New 2018 Carbon jekyll 3 running tubeless and upgraded to Shimano Zee brakes. It's ready for the bike park. The color is "acid red" and it looks orange in different lighting. I'm lucky to ride a small sized frame because I was able to get last year's model at a crazy discount.

Attachments

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
New 2018 Carbon jekyll 3 running tubeless and upgraded to Shimano Zee brakes. It's ready for the bike park. The color is "acid red" and it looks orange in different lighting. I'm lucky to ride a small sized frame because I was able to get last year's model at a crazy discount.
sweet ride! lets get pics of everyone's rides

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Glad to see some other refined dignitaries on here. I ride a lot. Unfortunately we don't have a lot of trails near my house so have to ride my road bike more than I would like to stay in shape for my bigger trips. Usually average around 100-150miles/week on the road bike. My mtb is a full suspension Ibis Mojo 3 running 27+ tires. Love that bike, capable enough to do crazy downhill runs, yet light enough to still race in local cross country series. My son has gotten into the sport too through the NICA races. He races my bike during the season, so then I'm relegated to my Niner One9 rigid singlespeed. That thing is fast but getting tougher and tougher as I get older. Just got back from long weekend in Pisgah National Forest in Brevard, NC. Did 90 miles in 3days, 5 separate trail systems and over 11,000ft of climbing (with lots of beer in between, for the carbs of course). I usually go out to Colorado once a year to ride as well. Last year me and a friend drove from NC to CO. Hit trails along the way. Rode around 250 miles in 10 days and did over 30,000 ft of climbing. I took a few weeks off the bike to rest after that. :dead:

Not my bike but it looks exactly like this
Ibis-Mojo-3-XO1-Eagle-Build_Black_2048x.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
that sounds like an epic road trip!

Everyone, meet Blue

00100lPORTRAIT_00100_BURST20190427145931899_COVER-EFFECTS.jpg

This is me, sucking at our local enduro race, but having a blast.

IMG_20190501_123524_328.jpg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
@I_squared_r You need to check out Killington Vermont . Throw the bike in your boat and haul it up for a week cheep places to stay off season Lake Bomaseen 30 minutes or small always flat lake rescue and lake Echo 25 min . Do both in the same week save the boat for warm days and bike on cool days . The bike park is epic I have heard its one of the best on the east coast its the only place I have ridden my kids like it better than or eqaul to snowboarding. I purchased two condos with friends and fully renovated them they are on VRBO if you need a place to stay let me know

Not me and I case most of the jumps but I have hit that trail its thrilling

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@I_squared_r You need to check out Killington Vermont . Throw the bike in your boat and haul it up for a week cheep places to stay off season Lake Bomaseen 30 minutes or small always flat lake rescue and lake Echo 25 min . Do both in the same week save the boat for warm days and bike on cool days . The bike park is epic I have heard its one of the best on the east coast its the only place I have ridden my kids like it better than or eqaul to snowboarding. I purchased two condos with friends and fully renovated them they are on VRBO if you need a place to stay let me know

Not me and I case most of the jumps but I have hit that trail its thrilling

Killington is on my list this year. The problem is there is a ton of other things i'd like to do this Summer and not enough time!
I see you're in Long Island, do you ride local? Sometimes I go to Cunningham park for a little practice.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Killington is on my list this year. The problem is there is a ton of other things i'd like to do this Summer and not enough time!
I see you're in Long Island, do you ride local? Sometimes I go to Cunningham park for a little practice.
I save the road bike and dirt bike for local riding, single track in manorville on the KTM300 is very similar to park riding in Vermont, My Bike is an older Intense M9 down hill beast nice and plush pedaling is tough. I have been to glacier ridge in Farmindale but the wide down hill bars and raked out forks are not made for those trails.

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was gonna start a new thread but I found this one. Just trying to keep the bike chatter alive. I've since gotten a second bike (n+1 am i right?). Ibis Ripmo AF. Below some pics for attention! Keep the rubber side down, lads

IMG_6281.jpgIMG_6862.jpgIMG_1963.jpgIMG_5573.jpgIMG_5955.jpg

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@tabbibus Man n+1 is strong to resist! That storage area (and the bikes) look amazing!

I road my trusty CAAD9 on the road for the first time over the weekend. Forgot how much I enjoyed that. Only did a few miles, but still got over 500ft of elevation gain, and quickly realized how REALLY REALLY out of shape I am.

I want to get a Mt. Bike pretty badly. Used to ride with a buddy on his spare all the time, and really enjoyed that. Would love to get the soon to be 10yr old a decent off road setup as well, so we can ride together. Different friend bought a Mt Bike a couple years ago and wants to get into riding more as well. Just gotta find that money tree to make it happen :D

meaningreen

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have some really nice trails here in the Kansas City metro, nothing downhill. I was given a Trek Marlin 6 (hard tail) a few years ago so I've been slowly upgrading it (free frame, so cheaper then buying new) RockShox Silver Recon and new gear sets. Works for the trails around here. A bunch of us over Spring Break are headed down to Arkansas to ride down there. Which has some amazing trails, they also built a nice single track place outside of Springfield MO that's supposed to be pretty amazing.

RightStuff

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Questions for the group...

1) When should a full suspension bike be considered? I haven't felt limited by my hardtail for the trails I ride and some are pretty good downhill/bumpy trails. I'm sure it would help in some spots on the trail, so wondering where that tipping point is to go full suspension?

2) What pedals are you riding with? Clipless, clipped, toe clip? What do you like/not like with your setup?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Questions for the group...

1) When should a full suspension bike be considered? I haven't felt limited by my hardtail for the trails I ride and some are pretty good downhill/bumpy trails. I'm sure it would help in some spots on the trail, so wondering where that tipping point is to go full suspension?

2) What pedals are you riding with? Clipless, clipped, toe clip? What do you like/not like with your setup?
I rode a hardtail most of my experience. It forces you to be a little more careful in choosing your lines, and is a little less forgiving when you choose a poor line. It'll make you a better ride to start there in my experience. Once you get "good" at riding a hardtail. A soft tail will ride like a Cadillac and make you feel like an expert.

I run SPD clipless pedals. I had Look style cleats and pedals on my road bike, and moved my road bike over to SPD's so I can ride my mountain shoes on either bike. Works great, and now I can walk easily when riding on road as well.