• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mountain bike riders?

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
1 hour on the highway, 30 minutes on scary mountain roads, and another 30 minutes of dirt road to this bike park. There are beautiful views that I never expected Brazil to have. The terrain is very steep and its common in heavy rain that the road will fall. Driving in brazil is an experience in itself. There was a large part of the road that fell and there was just a small sign there to alert drivers haha. I will have to go through my videos to get some pictures of this craziness. But here is Sanandu Bike Park in the pics below. It is a family owned farm and the son built a trail system here. The 2nd picture is the guest house we stayed in for the weekend. It's a quiet place that everyone knows each other and are friendly. I talked with the old man for hours while drinking their espresso and home brewed beer. And they have the chillest bulldog named Mel. I rode mostly in the rain for 2 days, ate a ton of food, and the woman gave me a bag of home made pao de quiejo for the road haha.

20210307_133038.jpg

20210307_061159.jpg

Last edited:

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
When you forget your riding clothes and to shred in scrubs anyways
8E072B57-D269-488D-91EB-3D802FE51EBC.jpeg

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had never heard of this until now. Some of these guys are taking a serious beating!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
some warm up rides from mountain creek bike park in NJ. My friend is a new rider and was on my enduro bike so I took the short travel bike, Santa Cruz tallboy 120mm travel in the rear. So the videos below are the easier trails in the park and my battery died before I could record the real fun stuff.

I’m thinking about doing some upgrades to both my bikes

cannondale Jekyll gets a coil shock rear for downhill

Santa Cruz gets new wheel set, shimano xt brakes, and fox transfer dropper.

I priced it all together and it was over $2k 😖 .. maybe the economical choice is wear down the current gear before changing..

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That last video looks a lot like our trails here in the Southeast. Lots of rocks/ruts/etc. They're a biotch to climb through!

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That last video looks a lot like our trails here in the Southeast. Lots of rocks/ruts/etc. They're a biotch to climb through!
The tech gets crazy with rocks here. This is a video I found of black diamond tech at the park

I'm getting better at climbing the rocks with my santa cruz and clips. It would be even better if I got quick engagement hubs.
I don't bother bringing my enduro bike if there's any climbing and it's slowly retiring to be a downhill only bike.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
some warm up rides from mountain creek bike park in NJ. My friend is a new rider and was on my enduro bike so I took the short travel bike, Santa Cruz tallboy 120mm travel in the rear. So the videos below are the easier trails in the park and my battery died before I could record the real fun stuff.

I’m thinking about doing some upgrades to both my bikes

cannondale Jekyll gets a coil shock rear for downhill

Santa Cruz gets new wheel set, shimano xt brakes, and fox transfer dropper.

I priced it all together and it was over $2k 😖 .. maybe the economical choice is wear down the current gear before changing..

I’ve had good luck buying used from the guys that get a new bike every year or two.

Although the used bike market may be as screwed up as the used boat market right now.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I’ve had good luck buying used from the guys that get a new bike every year or two.

Although the used bike market may be as screwed up as the used boat market right now.
Yeah I got my 2020 santa cruz tallboy c r for $3k in january from a new rider that wanted to get the highest spec bronson with axs for $10k because "the 29er wheels dont grip". I've already ripped this bike on at least 50 rides between brazil and the usa and the bike really is great. I just hate the sram level brakes and cheap rear hub, but I can live with all the other basic components.

The bike market is crazy now. I found this bike for my friend 2021 Polygon Vander T7 - Dual Suspension Trail Mountain Bike | Bikes Online (USA)
Good deal for $1700 all sram and rockshox components and he bought a cheap dropper.

lgparra

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Anyone run an eMTB? Specifically a Specialized Turbo Levo? I grew up racing motocross and still ride quite a bit. Got into riding single track 2-3 years ago. I love it but kinda feel like I've outgrown my hardtail Trek Marlin 6. Been looking into full-suspension mountain bikes and eMTB's too. But, just like the boat market, demand is crazy high and nearly impossible to find anything at local dealers.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone run an eMTB? Specifically a Specialized Turbo Levo? I grew up racing motocross and still ride quite a bit. Got into riding single track 2-3 years ago. I love it but kinda feel like I've outgrown my hardtail Trek Marlin 6. Been looking into full-suspension mountain bikes and eMTB's too. But, just like the boat market, demand is crazy high and nearly impossible to find anything at local dealers.
Those things look fun but they are going to end up getting a lot of public trails closed to bikes.

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I don’t think eMTBs will close trails, but lot of trails will be closed to eMTBs. I see signs popping up all over not allowing them.

AZMark

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I don’t think eMTBs will close trails, but lot of trails will be closed to eMTBs. I see signs popping up all over not allowing them.
I’m just assuming in the long run they will decide it’s too hard for a forest ranger to tell the difference from a distance.

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@lgparra I’m an emtb rider, not a turbo levo though they do look awesome. Last fall I was able to get my hands on a Cube Stereo Hybrid (carbon, full squish). The cube has the Bosch system, but still mid mount, assist only so very similar.

Honestly, I’m in love with it. Yes, it is definitely heavier than a regular bike, but I’m 270 myself so the bike’s weight isn’t holding me back any!

for me, it has opened up a whole world of access. I can keep up with and roll alongside my fittest of friends, it’s still hard work, but instead of saying bye at the trail head and driving to the end, I can go with them!

for me it has been fantastic, and I feel that, the assist bikes specifically, are gaining greater acceptance, though there is still a long road ahead and will always be folks who disagree.

hope that helps, let me know if you have any other specific questions!

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I want an ebike so I can do party laps all day! I don't think pedal assist bikes do any more damage to a trail than a regular bike.

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Ebikes have a place. Fortunately here in the northeast we have a lot of ski resorts that change to biking for the summer so if we want to downhill, it's only a quick shuttle. So there's not really a place for ebikes here. In brazil they don't have ski lifts and the the climbs are torturous. I was riding this downhill 3 times a week, climb 300ft+ in 90F without shade, ride the downhill, and do it again. Getting 2 runs is a TON of work. A lot of experienced riders want enduro ebike to shuttle these all day, but they're very expensive and the economy isn't strong so no one has them. They end up adapting and building incredible strength and endurance on their cheap trail bikes.

I guess you have to ask yourself, do you really need an ebike? You're kind of cheating yourself out of a lot of the health benefits. And climbing can be fun! (in the northeast usa, not torturous brazilian climbs)

1620871008118.png

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
And it was at this moment that he knew he fucked up

IMG_9248.JPG

I_squared_r

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was riding along this very rocky trail that I frequent a lot and boom. The derailleur crashed into a spoke and the derailleur cage got bent up. I dont know what hit it. I'm going to have the shop true the wheel and give me a few extra spokes to keep in the truck. And I will remove the cushcores because I don't think they do anything besides complicating tire changes.

IMG_2338.jpg

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
sucks man.

Also, I love my cuschores!