• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mpg while pulling.

AZDANSX230HO

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I average around 15 MPG towing our boat with either of our 2016 2500 HD Duramax/Allison, mind you we live in the mountains so anywhere we tow has grades involved, have not done any flat land towing. Towing 11,500 Lb's with my tractor/equipment trailer is around 12 MPG.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Already not a fan of the stop and go. Yes you can turn it off but you have to do it every time. No a huge issue but it does not give you that immediate take off at the light. I asked if they had issues with it starting so much and he said it's based off the electric car technology. Upgraded starters and some other stuff. My tune will bypass this technology when I get it.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
20170815_160629.jpg 20170815_143201.jpg I installed the rear fox 2.0 took about 30 minutes. I didn't even have to take the wheels off. It does take 2 people to compress the shock to line them up. If anyone does this. Bolt the bottom first so you can use your weight to pull it down. These buggers are stout. It did take the bed hop away and it does ride a little stiffer. It handles so much better though

Last edited:

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I tow about 200 miles from Cincy to Lake Norris, I get about 14 - 15 mpg for most of the trip until I hit the mountains in Tennessee, then it drops about down to about 12 - 13 mpg. 2014 RAM 1500, 10 speed, with 3.21 gears.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I tow about 200 miles from Cincy to Lake Norris, I get about 14 - 15 mpg for most of the trip until I hit the mountains in Tennessee, then it drops about down to about 12 - 13 mpg. 2014 RAM 1500, 10 speed, with 3.21 gears.
Is that with the Hemi? That's impressive if it is. At what speed?

Towing our 5th wheel camper that is just under 10k loaded for a week in Florida I average 12mpg. My truck is deleted and tuned for towing and economy and it's relatively flat between Dallas and Pensacola. I tow no faster then 65 with cruise control engaged. Towing the Yamaha I get better then that and I still only tow at 65. Just driving on the highway without a trailer, and if I can keep it below 70, I get better then 20mpg. Keep in mind it's a 4 ton 4x4 on slightly oversized all terrains. It takes a lot of self control to not put my foot in the throttle and let her eat! It's so addictive! :greedy::winkingthumbsup"

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Is that with the Hemi? That's impressive if it is. At what speed?

Towing our 5th wheel camper that is just under 10k loaded for a week in Florida I average 12mpg. My truck is deleted and tuned for towing and economy and it's relatively flat between Dallas and Pensacola. I tow no faster then 65 with cruise control engaged. Towing the Yamaha I get better then that and I still only tow at 65. Just driving on the highway without a trailer, and if I can keep it below 70, I get better then 20mpg. Keep in mind it's a 4 ton 4x4 on slightly oversized all terrains. It takes a lot of self control to not put my foot in the throttle and let her eat! It's so addictive! :greedy::winkingthumbsup"
Yes it's a HEMI, I keep it between 65 and 70. I think having the 3.21 gears helps with the fuel economy, but limits your towing capacity. I should also point out that those mpg figures are the EVIC numbers, not hand calculated, so in reality it may be a little less.

Murf51

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
2012 tundra sr5 dbl. cab 4x4 with the 5.7l ffv (never seen E85). Unloaded it averages around 15mpg. (80% highway) Towing I'm lucky to get 9mpg. I tow an average of 55-60mph. I live in southern Ohio so we have some mild grades around here.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have always heard the tundra tows with ease due to making big power but it uses a hell of a lot of fuel to do it!.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have always heard the tundra tows with ease due to making big power but it uses a hell of a lot of fuel to do it!.
It uses a hell of a lot of fuel to just run period. Loaded or unloaded.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Don't know how but my wife got 15 mpg towing boat down to kentucky(6 hour drive) when i got 9 in my pickup. Both have the 5.4 3v and same transmission. Hers is a few years newer that's only difference. Expedition and f150. We didn't caravan it either. My truck has the infamous cam phaser issue but she regularly gets 15 or more mpg and 13+ towing the boat. Mind u, neither of us tow more than 70 mph

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
anywhere from 16~19 mpg towing

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yes it's a HEMI, I keep it between 65 and 70. I think having the 3.21 gears helps with the fuel economy, but limits your towing capacity. I should also point out that those mpg figures are the EVIC numbers, not hand calculated, so in reality it may be a little less.
I'm liking the sound of this. I just picked up a 2017 Ram 1500 with the 5.7l and I only tow a AR192 so I wonder if I'll even notice a difference in mileage. [flag]

Overtime81

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking back at my numbers from the late summer and early fall, I average 16.2 with my 2008 Ram 2500 mega cab with 6.7 Cummins while pulling my AR240.

Mystic1906

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez My F150 might be totaled (Lyft driver changed lanes suddenly in front of me on the interstate) so I might be in the market for a new truck. Looking to get something with more power and torque. How is that EcoDiesel?

BlackandTan

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@blacksapphirez My F150 might be totaled (Lyft driver changed lanes suddenly in front of me on the interstate) so I might be in the market for a new truck. Looking to get something with more power and torque. How is that EcoDiesel?
I've heard good things about the EcoDiesel on the RAM forum that I'm on. It wasn't available when I bought my RAM, or I would have considered it. Great mileage and a lot of torque for towing!

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We towed the 190 from Augusta to Cape Coral a total of close to 600 miles. We averaged 16mpg with a Ram 1500 Crew cab 6cyl RWD. Boat towed great. We were loaded though, kids, gifts, 2 spare trailer tires.

blacksapphirez

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX195
Boat Length
hey sorry I havent been on the forum in a while. I got a Crew Cab 4x4 with 3.92 gears. it does very well. I love how it tows the boat and no issue for long hauls. coil spring suspension makes it a very nice ride. only downside is the vehicle is bit dated.