1. Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  2. Heads up! We are fortunate that Justin at Ridesteady is offering members here a discount to his Speed Control Solution, so check out the Ridesteady Speed Control Discount for JetBoaters.net members only.....you only have Until JANUARY 31st to get in on this discount!

If you are looking for a speed control system similar to Perfect Pass, but much easier to install with better features, you will want to check this out! I used to call Perfect Pass a marriage saver, I think you'll find RideSteady even better! 

Thank you Justin @RideSteady for offering this exclusively to JETBOATERS.net members!

(You can click the X to the right to dismiss this notice)

Dismiss Notice

Mpg while pulling.

Discussion in 'Tow Rigs, Trailers and other things with Wheels' started by djetok, Jul 29, 2017.

1. d_coyne1984

d_coyne1984 Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +520 / 4
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR192
    Boat Length:
    Bummer I was hoping for better. Do you have the 3.21 gears and the 5.7?

2. Mike sanders

Mike sanders Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    5.7 I don't know my gears

3. d_coyne1984

Ratings:
    +520 / 4
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR192
    Boat Length:
    How does it tow the 19ft? Can you even tell it is back there?

4. Mike sanders

Mike sanders Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    It pulls just fine. You can tell it's there as acceleration goes but my ram doesn't really labor. I live in iowa so it's pretty flat. Breaking is easy too.

5. njmr2fan

njmr2fan Jetboaters Lieutenant

Ratings:
    +971 / 5
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    We have the tow package with the 3.55 gears in ours and pulling the 190 is a breeze. In tow mode the trans doesn't seem to hunt much for the right gear, we do have the 8 speed trans. Our regular non towing mixed mileage is usually 20-21 locally and 24-26 highway. We also just switched tires to Bridgestone Dueler Alenza+ tires which helped our mileage over the stock Goodyears.

6. d_coyne1984

Ratings:
    +520 / 4
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR192
    Boat Length:
    I am not at all impressed with the Goodyears. They are pretty crappy on snow. I had the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos on my grand Cherokee and was really happy with their performance and quality.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Peter Alonso

Peter Alonso New Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    SX
    Boat Length:
    I’m getting 12.5 mpg while towing my 18 SX210

8. PeterB

PeterB New Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    Pulling my 242 ltd s at 70-75 we get about 12.5, pulling our 18' Larson it jumps to about 19. Running without towing about 31 mpg. GMC Canyon with a 4cylinder diesel

• Like Like x 2
  9. Scottintexas

Scottintexas Jetboaters Commander

Ratings:
    +1,308 / 32
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    AR
    Boat Length:
    @PeterB Glad to have you on board, I think you're our first member with a Canyon diesel. How many miles do you have on it, any problems or trips back to the dealership yet? I was seriously thinking about one and then heard both Ford and GM will have half ton end of this year and next.

10. PeterB

PeterB New Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Boat Make:
    Yamaha
    Year:
    Boat Model:
    Limited S
    Boat Length:
    30,000 with only oil changes and fuel filter change other than an initial problem with the DEF pump at about 200 miles. Dealer gave us a loaner truck and had us back on the road the next day. Sometimes I wish I had a full size pickup, but it fits in the garage and around a city much easier. Pulls the 24' boat easily

• Like Like x 3