• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Mpg while pulling.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

Mike sanders

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It pulls just fine. You can tell it's there as acceleration goes but my ram doesn't really labor. I live in iowa so it's pretty flat. Breaking is easy too.

njmr2fan

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We have the tow package with the 3.55 gears in ours and pulling the 190 is a breeze. In tow mode the trans doesn't seem to hunt much for the right gear, we do have the 8 speed trans. Our regular non towing mixed mileage is usually 20-21 locally and 24-26 highway. We also just switched tires to Bridgestone Dueler Alenza+ tires which helped our mileage over the stock Goodyears.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We have the tow package with the 3.55 gears in ours and pulling the 190 is a breeze. In tow mode the trans doesn't seem to hunt much for the right gear, we do have the 8 speed trans. Our regular non towing mixed mileage is usually 20-21 locally and 24-26 highway. We also just switched tires to Bridgestone Dueler Alenza+ tires which helped our mileage over the stock Goodyears.
I am not at all impressed with the Goodyears. They are pretty crappy on snow. I had the Bridgestone Dueler A/T Revos on my grand Cherokee and was really happy with their performance and quality.

Peter Alonso

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I’m getting 12.5 mpg while towing my 18 SX210

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Pulling my 242 ltd s at 70-75 we get about 12.5, pulling our 18' Larson it jumps to about 19. Running without towing about 31 mpg. GMC Canyon with a 4cylinder diesel

Scottintexas

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@PeterB Glad to have you on board, I think you're our first member with a Canyon diesel. How many miles do you have on it, any problems or trips back to the dealership yet? I was seriously thinking about one and then heard both Ford and GM will have half ton end of this year and next.

PeterB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
30,000 with only oil changes and fuel filter change other than an initial problem with the DEF pump at about 200 miles. Dealer gave us a loaner truck and had us back on the road the next day. Sometimes I wish I had a full size pickup, but it fits in the garage and around a city much easier. Pulls the 24' boat easily