• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Jackew super easy! They have a adhesive backing.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I added the walk thru step between the seats too. This is a no brainer. I didn't even use the cushion there because stepping on it wasn't a good option. And the non skid isn't non skid when wet. With the turf there, it is truly non skid and perfect to make moving from swim deck to cockpit (and back) safe and easy I added this to my SX240 before jetboatpilot was up and running, and then bought a piece from Will for my SX240 in matching mocha when I traded boats. There are several pieces that were never included by Yamaha that now are either options or included on certain levels, but there are extra pieces that jetboatpilot offers that I just can't live without. Head compartment dash mat, anchor locker mat, bow step mat, cockpit walk thru mat. Will also offers some custom pieces that may give a secure place to step if your dock situation requires boarding from a higher level on the boat initially. Those pieces are on the aft edges above the cockpit seat backs and in front of the windshield and behind the bow seat backs.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@txav8r i know a thing or two about "a secure place to step if your dock situation requires boarding from a higher level" this was what I looked like the 1st day of vacation 2014/4th July! After a successful exit plan of my passengers, I just about killed myself on the dock! It is funny to think back on it now, but a serious issue and thanks to this board for identifying this product ! I did see the install video and looks very easy! Anyone every just trashed the carpets and installed this in all the floor space? If so what about all the snaps, do they need to be removed? Don't laugh to hard at my injury picture as I did have to go to urgent care 9 days after this fall! I could get the softball size Knott on one of my knees to go down :) image.jpg

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Did not see any temperature on those shots, kinda surprised they would put elevation on the screen but not engine temp. Seems a bit more important at least to me. I can't say for sure it is not there but have not seen yet
No engine temp read out that I'm aware of. Although I could be wrong, it's been a while since I had it out of float mode. It does have an over heat read out though.

20140916_093651.jpg

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Where did you mount your sub? Do you have any pictures? I ordered the same boat you have and it won't be delivered until next month sometime. One of the first things I plan to do is add a sub.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

morgro269

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That's where I was thinking. Looks good. Is there room to get a 12" in there?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@morgro269 I believe so, it would depend on the size of the grill of the sub.

Last edited:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@txav8r i know a thing or two about "a secure place to step if your dock situation requires boarding from a higher level" this was what I looked like the 1st day of vacation 2014/4th July! After a successful exit plan of my passengers, I just about killed myself on the dock! It is funny to think back on it now, but a serious issue and thanks to this board for identifying this product ! I did see the install video and looks very easy! Anyone every just trashed the carpets and installed this in all the floor space? If so what about all the snaps, do they need to be removed? Don't laugh to hard at my injury picture as I did have to go to urgent care 9 days after this fall! I could get the softball size Knott on one of my knees to go down :)
That is a real bummer! Yep, many guys have put either SeaDek or Hydroturf inside their boats as well as on the swim deck or other strategic locations. The teak look has become all the rage lately, so Hydroturf has a product called Hydroteak, and SeaDek has their teak look as well. @JetBoatPilot has dropped the hydroturf line I think...don't hold me to that, I can't keep track of all the changes on anything. But as you know, fiberglass is some slick stuff when wet! Guys generally just unscrew the male snaps from the floor and remove them, some fill them and some don't. I personally would just use either JB Weld or another two part epoxy stick on any that didn't show. If they showed, I would use the same epoxy, but leave enough depth to use Spectrum Colors match with gelcoat to fill and polish and it is virtually gone. If you don't like carpet, plenty of guys like the foam flooring. @Bruce put they hydroteak I think, in his boat. Sorry about the accident, but your going to love that new 242!

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
That's where I was thinking. Looks good. Is there room to get a 12" in there?
Sadly, no. The "height" of the seat base won't allow for a clear 12" to install. If you look at the seat base, you'll notice it curves as it meet the floor base.
Wish I had a better answer for you. Good Luck - Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Nice! @Bruce How long you've had down and have you had any issues with the turf coming up, staining (like spills, fish blood, etc) really looks nice! I think my carpet is going to have a short life span in my new boat! I am guess to get the swim platform tuff down you had to take off the original tuff. How was that process getting it up?

Last edited:

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@morgro269 .............. Ya know, you have, in Chicopee, the World's BEST DENON audio dealership ........... Safe & Sound, Inc.
Simply 1 incredibly great dealer !
Just Great ! Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Last edited:

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Safe & Sound is a great place. I've dealt with them for 20+ years for car audio equipment.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Get a Stoltz on there ASAP! :).

That yellow demon of gelcoat terror is bound to reap havoc on your sexy bow.
This may be old but I have the same issue on my new boat. Took it out once and its scratched. What do yall use to avoid this???

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@skbishop90 I've always used a terry cloth towel between the roller and boat and have changed the roller.