• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Are you going to have to have your bimini modified for those tower speakers to work? Or is the pitch enough between front of the bimini and the new tower that it won't catch air because of the newly introduced (from your speaker mount) spacing?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Not sure what you mean. But no modification needed.
20140821_140253-1.jpg 20141221_172356.jpg

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
oh wow, that looks sleek.

I've noticed on other bimini's that if you put a mount bracket under the bimini that just the slight change in angle of the fabric can cause it to catch significantly more air. It's obvious from your first picture that because of how far back (and slightly elevated) the read part of the tower is relative to the pitch of the front and back of the bimini that it will still ride fairly parallel to the water on plane. I had a friend that put some generic 2&3/8 tower mount brackets with his speakers under their bimini and every time they had the bimini deployed since then it flapped in the wind quite loudly.

Judging from the looks of it, you're golden :).

Makes me want to add an amp and some tower speakers to my spring efforts. Especially considering I'm going to be running crap through the tower in the first place for my VHF antenna.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Finished the JL Audio install yesterday and I wish pictures or videos would due it justice. The JL's sound amazing and super clean! I have six 6.5" MX650 , 2 7.7" MX770 tower speakers, one 10" MX10IB3 sub, two amps, M200/2 & M600/6. and two component tweeters.

Now I just need to install the Riva throttle body spacers and I'll be done with my mods for the winter.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is one beautiful boat. Congrats

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Now I just need to install the Riva throttle body spacers and I'll be done with my mods for the winter.
Ya know, Adam: I see an INCREDIBLE photo op opportunity here when you do go to install those spacers !
I do not believe we have ever seen anyone do this !
So, 'jes askin', in the most Po-Lite Sut'ern way possible .................

Kin ya find a Kodak when ya do this ?

Always best wishes, down South, fishin' while others support our economy, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ya know, Adam: I see an INCREDIBLE photo op opportunity here when you do go to install those spacers !
I do not believe we have ever seen anyone do this !
I youtube'd my spacer install... (sorry for the thread hijack, Adam) It should be pretty much the same for the 2015's.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
WOW .............. That is so KEWL !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I sincerely appreciate this post @sysinu ! So VERY much !
Best Wishes to you & yours, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

cbus

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@sysinu that was a great video! Thanks for doing that.

Would you mind explaining what this does exactly? I'm not an expert but want to learn. I saw it increases horsepower but what are the pros and cons? Did you install the backfire arrestor as well?

I would love to hear back once you get it in the water and take it for a spin.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Tell me about the noise level at speed. Are they truly pretty quiet
There is a COMPLETE and detailed youtube video available, detailing the 2015 NOISE REDUCTION ("QuietCruise") on the 2015 24 foot Yamahas.

The results are incredibly EASY to hear and realize. Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@sysinu that was a great video! Thanks for doing that.

Would you mind explaining what this does exactly? I'm not an expert but want to learn. I saw it increases horsepower but what are the pros and cons? Did you install the backfire arrestor as well?

I would love to hear back once you get it in the water and take it for a spin.
@cbus it improves airflow to the engine by removing the restrictive "ribbon" element and puts a spacer in the place to channel the air flow better (as opposed to just removing the spacer and leaving it blank). The down side is that you need an antibackfire element, so you have to buy expensive replacement air filters (which I did) and if you don't pay attention to what you're doing it can be pretty easy to do too much and cause over-revving (which is what happened to me, and I am needing to pitch up my impellers).

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks forthe video, does sound quieter.

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mikey is there a list somewhere of all the features the Connext systems will display, i am curious if it has engine temperature or any other engine parameters

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sorry i just watched Will's video about it, is there a feature for engine temp? Seems that would be a critical item. I really hated my 06 did not have engine temperature.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

fairpilot

Jetboaters Commander
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did not see any temperature on those shots, kinda surprised they would put elevation on the screen but not engine temp. Seems a bit more important at least to me. I can't say for sure it is not there but have not seen yet