• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The. Ones in the boat are out of the yamaha catalog. The tower ones I will have to look for my receipts I found them on ebay

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The tower speakers came from blast led. You need the ones that are compatible with the mx 770 tower speakers. Yamaha only has the interior ones. I for 15 $ they per drill them for you and that makes it easier to install. They have them in several colors but yamaha only had blue so I stuck with blue. I think I paid about $90 for them

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Suggestion for an AMP MOUNTING BOARD ............. A) Cheap B) Easy to get C) Strong D) Available everywhere
Run down to your local WalMart and go look at NYLON cutting boards. They WILL solve your problem, and are easy to 'cut down' to the size you want. Far less than $10 !
Enjoy and Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

PS - @Williamsone46's amp boards came WITH the JL SlamPack. Not available otherwise.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I was offering a suggestion I have used for many boating purposes before, including Electronics.
I own a JL SlamPak mounting board, given to me as a gift.
The reason I suggested the nylon cutting board is it's VERY sturdy, easy to cut to size, you can buy it in most backyards and it's less than $10.
And it works. Successfully.
Once mounted securely, no one ever looks at your amp(s) anyways. At least not in my redneck country. These peeps are just glad someone has music ..... LOL !
The only reason I am here is to try and help peoples save money. I am trying to be the
Dave Ramsey of the Marine World. LOL !
See y'all. Play nicely. And do listen to Adam ......... He is most likely correct. I am just cheap. LOL ! Mikey

Last edited:

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Starting to get my modification supplies in. Here are a few things I accomplished this weekend.
Amps, Tower speakers, subs ordered :). Two lee rod holders for tower ordered. Got my GPS/Fishfinder in and head unit mounted. Trash Bend is a perfect fit, used a cloth hamper. Ice chest for easy access and removal from compartment. Pimage.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@Craig I like it, it works good & I love the 180° mirror. But I liked my tower mounted one on my 212X better.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Craig I like it, it works good & I love the 180° mirror. But I liked my tower mounted one on my 212X better.
First off, I totally agree with @Williamsone46 ! The Aerial tower mounted mirror on our 242LS was a LOT "nicer". But by the tower design for 2015, Yamaha has taken that away from us.
The CIPA Mirror "system" is a good alternative, and can be attractively priced. It is VERY WELL MADE however. Here are the details from an earlier post I made on buying this mirror system , the same one Yamaha dealers sell, for a LOT LESS !

When Yamaha re-designed the 242 tower for 2015, they made MIRRORS a little difficult to obtain and be functional.
Adam lists in his signature line what I believe is currently the only good choice in this area: "CIPA® Clamp-on Vision 180 Mirror"
Sold by your Yamaha dealer.
HOWEVER: You can purchase this same mirror for somewhat less, and have it delivered to your door.
From Amazon - in 2 pieces. And with FREE Shipping.
A) Cipa 2310 Black Deluxe Windshield Mirror Bracket - $ 57.32
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00EVILBOQ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
B) CIPA 01600 Vision 180° Mirror Head -$ 55.82
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00C9V1RJG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o05_s01?ie=UTF8&psc=1

EXCELLENT product. Sincerely hope this info. helps others here looking for a good mirror solution.
Enjoy this great upcoming weekend, Mike Lulejian

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Getting ready for the amps :). Thanks @MikeyL I got the board off amazon.com for $25 buck image.jpg

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Getting ready for the amps :). Thanks @MikeyL I got the board off amazon.com for $25 buck
You are MOST welcome ! Enjoy a great and hopefully dry weekend !!

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
image.jpg It most only be me... It took me 1 hour to put to screws to secure the transducer! oh yell its done image.jpg

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Jackew just wondering but that looks like a humminbird transducer. I hope it's not a sidescan because you will only get one side because of the keel.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Jackew, @Jackew, @Jackew ...............
1) So where did you buy the kewl flag holder for a 2015 24-foot tower ???
Inquiring minds wanna know.
And to save some of us a little experimentation,
2) care to explain the details on the flag rods as well ?
I am thanking you BIG TIME in advance ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

subysti

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@MikeyL I got these at a great price! http://www.anchorexpress.com/lees-tackle-ra5005sl-clamp-on-rod-holder Has them in stock in Sliver!!!

I use a 1" PVC -12" long for the base and notch out the bottoms so that it locks in the rod holder.

The I take 1" 45 degree elbow and a 1" to 3/4" reducer and glue them in tight!

Slide a wood dowel into the 3/4" PVC and glue a cap on the top.

Drill 2 holes and in the place you want to attach the flag.

I have one pole that has a threaded connection - so that I can change out the flags. I have a Dive Flag and a USA flag. Besides the Dive flag all my other flags are 3' X 5'.

On my 2013 AR240 I did a similar set up and the flags could be flown at all speeds- I could run wide open even with no issue. I think this set up is much better.

Mikey - hope this helps explain what I did.

I am so ready to spend some time on the water!!!! Here is my flas on my AR 242 last year in Destin :).. image.jpg