• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Jackew ......... Many thanks. I am totally impressed with your flag holders as we had been looking for something "effective" that is also moderately attractive.
1 last question:
Do the flags & flagpoles do "ok" when you are hauling butt down the lake ?
Thanks again, and Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@MikeyL in my AR240 I could run wide open. I would think this set up, I could do the same. :)

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Williamsone46 Did you put "high altitude impellers" in your new boat as your signature suggests?? Also, have you collected "boattest.com metrics" of WOT speed/economy and best cruise speed/economy?

I got my new screws (you guys installed them) and am going to do sea trials hopefully this weekend (we were at LP this weekend working on the houseboat otherwise we would have gone this weekend).

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Some more add-ons to share - first up my Gas Grill. I improved on my AR240 setup by doing the following...
Magma Grill
Magma mount
2" Pvc cut to length
Order from eBay - SEARAY 2128913 OEM GARELICK 19 1/4 X 8 1/8 ALUMINUM 90 DEGREE BOAT TABLE POST

The new location and angle of the mount allows the Searay 90 degree table post to position the grill in a very sweet spot on the swim deck. A good Cajun always makes sure his guest gets feed well on the water - often the surrounding boat benefits for the smell and taste :) image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
As I dove and fished off my AR240 - I wanted to improve the experience on my new 242 LS... So fishing was challenging due to the lack of rod holders. So I went with a a rod holder - cup holder combo near the swim deck (Mate Series) and clamp on rod holders (Lee) for the tower. This gives me 4 rod holder capacity without sacrificing looks and appearance! This was a great improvement from my AR240 setup :)image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpgimage.jpg image.jpg

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Ghost ridding the whip! ( a Friend of mine moves over)

For the record I don't recommend this.

Last edited:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Sorry for the quality. But I thought I would share this.

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ghost ridding the whip!

IMHO, that's reckless and asking for trouble.

I don't care how well it tracks, a boat that size at that speed without a driver at the helm can go from cruising along to out-of-control/life-threatening in an instant.

Scary and stupid.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@GTBRMC a friend of mine moves over but doesn't touch anything while I move to the front. You can kinda see us exchange at the end. But thanks for your remarks non the less.

Last edited:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@GTBRMC a friend of mine moves over but doesn't touch anything while I move to the front. You can kinda see us exchange at the end. But thanks for your remarks non the less.
Oh! My mistake. I thought nobody was at the helm... Apologies.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Ghost ridding the whip! ( a Friend of mine moves over)

Scary! When were you all out on the lake? We went this morning to test a few things out (PP, fender lock placement, etc) and it was pretty nice for the 2 hours that the sun was out from behind the clouds ahead of the rain.

Nesport

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just joined the forum as I'm in the process of trading in my Seadoo Sp210 on a new 2015 242 Limited S (used to have a Yamaha SX230). Thanks for all the great pics and info here. Already got me planning on adding the step covers and changing the bow roller. Where did anyone find the Smith Super Soft poly roller that is referenced? I've done some searching and can't find it anywhere. Also, what size is the roller, 3" or 4" (haven't picked mine up yet, but want to order so that I can switch it as soon as I do). Also, has anyone used the throttle sync that is on jetboatpilots website? My wife likes the single throttle (one reason we went to the Seadoo in the first place), so thinking this may be a the best of both worlds, just wondering how solid and good quality it is. Thanks again, Steve

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Just joined the forum as I'm in the process of trading in my Seadoo Sp210 on a new 2015 242 Limited S (used to have a Yamaha SX230). Thanks for all the great pics and info here. Already got me planning on adding the step covers and changing the bow roller. Where did anyone find the Smith Super Soft poly roller that is referenced? I've done some searching and can't find it anywhere. Also, what size is the roller, 3" or 4" (haven't picked mine up yet, but want to order so that I can switch it as soon as I do). Also, has anyone used the throttle sync that is on jetboatpilots website? My wife likes the single throttle (one reason we went to the Seadoo in the first place), so thinking this may be a the best of both worlds, just wondering how solid and good quality it is. Thanks again, Steve
I believe the bow roller that comes standard with the new 242's is different that the old ones that did the damage. It seems softer and doesn't appear to leave any marks on my boat thus far. Also it is a 4 inch. You can pick up nice ones at Cabela's or West Marine. I looked at them at both places on Saturday. The folks I know with Throttle Sync love them.

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Congrats in advance, btw and welcome aboard!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Link to post a while back with my thoughts on ThrottleSync https://jetboaters.net/threads/jiabano.5004/#post-87984
And, @Nesport -- :Welcome:aboard!

Bennie

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@sysinu,
Great move on getting the mooring cover!! Best purchase I've made for my toy yet.

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@Nesport ... welcome aboard! I had throttle sync, it holds the throttles together nicely but you may have to trim the engines to get rpm to match if your real picky, but that isn't absolutely necessary.

Jackew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
@Nesport you will find there is lots of information. Sometime too much lol... But all the members are supper nice and helpful. Share pictures and your experiences - no matter how new you can will add value to the site :)

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
[B][FONT=Arial]@Nesport[/FONT][/B] you will find there is lots of information. Sometime too much lol... But all the members are supper nice and helpful.

Share pictures and your experiences - no matter how new you can will add value to the site
:)
[flag] :thumbsup: :winkingthumbsup"
@Nesport ............ A BIG AMEN on what Jack said !
And a Big 'ole Happy WELCOME to you !@@@@@@ :Welcome:

Best Wishes to you ..........
And oh yeah ........ SPEND MONEY with @JetBoatPilot ! (850) 960-3236

3 FAST ideas: TruLock 2's, Thrust Vector XV's, and Throttle Sync. Call Will Owen

........he'll become one of your Best Friends quickly. 1 of the BEST MARINE ACCESSORY Dealers in the entire USA !
Byeeeeeeeeeeeeeee ..... Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA