• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2015 Yamaha 242 Limited S

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Was this taken recently? If so, I'm surprised that the boat is floating and not beached! There's only 36" of water in the channel last I heard.
We went out on Sunday. Theirs 4'-5' in the marina and 11'-12' out in the lake.

sysinu

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
:) that's very good news! Maybe I'll take a break from doing stuff to my boat to actually using it one of these weekends. Utah Lake is so much more convenient than all the other ponds near the valley.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Finally came in today and after all day setting it up and detailing it is finally ready.

I will use this thread to show it's progression from delivery through all its mods.
View attachment 12258 View attachment 12256
I noticed that you have the slam pack tower speakers Mine are getting installed tomorrow and I was wondering if you used the amp that came in that package and if so how they sound I'm worried that it won't be enough. What do you think. Also how does it work with the coconut screen. Are those tower speakers able to be controlled through that system. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to electronics obviously with these questions

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I noticed that you have the slam pack tower speakers Mine are getting installed tomorrow and I was wondering if you used the amp that came in that package and if so how they sound I'm worried that it won't be enough. What do you think. Also how does it work with the coconut screen. Are those tower speakers able to be controlled through that system. I'm not very knowledgable when it comes to electronics obviously with these questions
Connects screen stupid auto correct

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Lol! Coconut screen, I thought it was a cool slang term for a bimini top I was unaware of! I might just start calling it that...:p

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Gotta call my dealer first thing in the morning. I sure hope they didn't mount my speakers to the front tube. I need to take your pictures there and just tell them to copy it. Sure wish I could do the work it would make it a lot easier. Thanks for all the pics

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Last edited:

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
I used the amp it came with and adjusted just how it tells you and they sound awesome. They'll setup the stereo where all the cockpit/transom speakers with be front and tower speakers will be rear or vise versa, allowing you to fade them in and out.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Do you not have the thrust vectors on your boat. How does it do with just the new keel. I went ahead and bought them. I think I'm gonna take mine out once without them and the put them on. I'm curious how much of a difference it will be. Our weather is killing me it will probably be another month before we can get out and still the water will be cold for two months

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
@jwells I haven't got them. So far I haven't felt the need for them, but it's really personal preference.

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I here ya I bought them without really talking to anyone with a 2015 so I guess I'll try them out. Can't hurt nothing and they were not expensive

jwells

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I got my speakers installed on the tower finally. I had the led light rings put on all the speakers in the boat and on the tower and it looks great. I will try to get a picture put on here as soon as I figure out how. Not good with computers at all

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Nice Jon ........... Until you get out in it, you won't know how GREAT this made this boat ...... Finally.
Your Bride may also say like Barbie ......... "This is THE BEST buying decision we've ever made !"
Great boating year to y'all ! Mikey Lulejian - Out on Georgia's 2nds largest lake with no fish in it (not at least today).

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
20150329_110915.jpg

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is a great looking setup you've got there @Williamsone46. All you guys getting these 2015's are making me very envious. Since I probably won't be able to afford a 2015 until 2025. lol!