• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My 2019 242 Limited SE audio build and modifications thread

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bet. I remember how stressful it was cutting those holes. I may pick up a Moomba soon with base stereo and have dealer upgrade the audio through a local audio shop they partner with. Not sure if I can go through that whole process again!
Moomba..... Nice! Believe it or not, about a month before I bought the new Yamaha, a buddy of mine that owns a boat dealership let me know he just took a 2015 G25 Super Air Coastal edition on trade. You would freak if I told you what he offered it to me for. The amount of draft on those boats just won't work for what we do..... And we do a lot of cruising. He ended up selling it to a wholesaler.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Moomba..... Nice! Believe it or not, about a month before I bought the new Yamaha, a buddy of mine that owns a boat dealership let me know he just took a 2015 G25 Super Air Coastal edition on trade. You would freak if I told you what he offered it to me for. The amount of draft on those boats just won't work for what we do..... And we do a lot of cruising. He ended up selling it to a wholesaler.
wow those are nice. G25 is big too. Way bigger than I would want. I’m looking at the Kaiyen which is 21.5’. Also looking at used Supra SA’s but not sure I want to go with a 3-4 year old boat or a new one.

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Really excited to see this done. I have a 2019 212x and I’m going to try to fix the audio in it this spring. I’m hoping just changing amps will give me a lot better wound. My truck has more bass than this boat with a 10” sub.

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice work! and thank you.... this confirms that the JL M6-650X speakers will fit in that exact mid-cabin location :) Looks like the revo's have a top mount depth of 3-9/16" vs the JL's at 3-1/16" (for anyone else/future reference)

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
**I forgot to add** in case you didn't know.... if you use a 5" hole saw for your 6.5" speakers, drill a small pilot hole in the center. Then, as soon as the arbor bit on the hole saw passes through, switch the drill to reverse and cut the entire hole in reverse. A 5" hole saw will have a tenancy to "catch" in forward. Only took about 15 seconds to drill the entire thing in reverse.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking good my man. I'm eager to get your reaction to the dual IB 10" subs versus your old 12" ported. IB just looks better imo, and a space saver

Last edited:

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Work over the last few afternoons....

DSVR mod done with extra battery added and onboard charger installed. Yes, I know my house consist of two "cranking" batteries, but I'm just going to go with it for a while til I need to replace with 29 deep cycles. Thanks to @Mainah for the details on how to do the DSVR mod and finding the purple wire. Also removed OEM Wetsounds amp and mounted the amp board. May get the amps mounted tomorrow. 1/0 gauge has also been run to battery compartment.
IMG_20191026_104215.jpgIMG_20191026_112548.jpg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Amps mounted on board. Probably all I'll have time for today. Hope to get RCA's run from stern remote this week as well as the tower speakers mounted. Then, next weekend will be spent running wire and making connections.

IMG_20191027_115707.jpg

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Made the connections at the head unit (stern remote) and fished the wires into the starboard storage. Purchased the alternate harness that some of you have used prior to me doing this. IMG_20191028_172417.jpg
Harness was ordered from here:

Last edited:

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Made the connections at the head unit (stern remote) and fished the wires into the starboard storage. Purchased the alternate harness that some of you have used prior to me doing this. View attachment 107607

Where did you order it from? I think I'm going to replace my splice job with this part, and new rca cables

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Where did you order it from? I think I'm going to replace my splice job with this part, and new rca cables
Just edited post to include harness

mrmeaniemeateaterman

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I missed you getting a new boat. Really like that color and that grey interior looks really sharp. Audio system looks well done.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Made the connections at the head unit (stern remote) and fished the wires into the starboard storage. Purchased the alternate harness that some of you have used prior to me doing this. View attachment 107607
Harness was ordered from here:
Have you checked to see if the harness actually worked? I see many saying it doesn't work and they had to replace the head unit. Assuming yours is a fusion also?

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have you checked to see if the harness actually worked? I see many saying it doesn't work and they had to replace the head unit. Assuming yours is a fusion also?
Yes it is a Fusion. I haven't heard about it not working, can you link me with some of this info? I have not tried it yet but was helping to have it fired up by Saturday evening. I guess I'll know then. Also, I know most people didn't have a blue remote wire off the back of their Fusion. Mine did.

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@redthumper9 can you share any details on how you mounted and secured the amp board? I'd like to mount mine in the same location...

Buckeye Fan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Yes it is a Fusion. I haven't heard about it not working, can you link me with some of this info? I have not tried it yet but was helping to have it fired up by Saturday evening. I guess I'll know then. Also, I know most people didn't have a blue remote wire off the back of their Fusion. Mine did.
It was on facebook (Yamaha Jet Boaters) and I thought on here but I can't seem to find it anymore.

redthumper9

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@redthumper9 can you share any details on how you mounted and secured the amp board? I'd like to mount mine in the same location...
Sure. I don't know about your boat, but mine had four areas of thickened fiberglass where I mounted this board. I simply took measurements and pre-drilled holes in the starboard and countersunk stainless screws. I think I used a total of 11 screws in the three locations. If you look closely, you can see where my measurement was off in one area and I had to relocate the screws. I will probably fabricate something to give it a little more support on the bottom edge. On my previous boat, a 2010 ar240, it did not have the thickened areas. In that case I removed the bow cushion and simply through bolted the amp board to that area. My amp board is 24"x 31"