• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My First Boat 21 195 FSH Sport

Florida195fsh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hey everyone!

I picked up my first boat on Saturday then sold my twin Waverunners on Sunday! Someone canceled their order and the dealer called me if I was still looking! Boom, here she is 'Crypto Currensea'. I can't wait to start modding and learning more about the boating community.

Feel free to leave any new owners tips and tricks and any mods you all recommend. I ordered a aft shade kit I saw on another thread already.

Is anyone live near Space Coast (Brevard County), Florida?

IMG_4982.JPEG
IMG_4968.JPEG

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Congrats! nice boat, I have aft shade on order since January, im still waiting for it. Get a good chartplotter and Thrust Vector.

Florida195fsh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What chart plotters do you guys recommend? Any experience with pole anchors? Most of my anchoring will be in the ICW and Sand bars.

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What chart plotters do you guys recommend? Any experience with pole anchors? Most of my anchoring will be in the ICW and Sand bars.
i have garmin 743xsv but you can buy anything with charts already included (dont go for the cheap one without chart, it gets expensive to add it later). Also have navionics subscription in my phone/tablet for backup.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
congrats! Space coast resident here as well (I'm in Titusville)....

Most common add-on's/ upgrades are thrust vectors, new speakers (and amp), and a chartplotter/fishfinder

as for chart plotters... I have had experience with a couple different ones. my last boat had a raymarine axiom series and that thing was awesome and super user friendly (very easy to figure out how to use it and operate it on the water). My current boat I have a Simrad GO9 and it has way more features and usability, however the user interface isn't as easy to operate and it's not as intuitive. Basically when I try to describe the differences to people I say the Raymarine is like an iPhone and the Simrad is an Andriod Phone. the Raymarine is pretty and easy to use, but the simrad can do more once you figure out how to use it... Finally, my brother has a Hummingbird (not sure on model), and he's not happy with it and wants to swap it out for the Simrad.

Florida195fsh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also, you guys are recommending replacing the Articulating Keel with the Thrust Vector?

fatboyroy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Also, you guys are recommending replacing the Articulating Keel with the Thrust Vector?
its not replacing it, its adding additional fins, yea its highly recommended, since this is your first jet boat, it would help on low speed steering when youre docking or in no wake zone.

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Cobra Fins or Thrust Vector are both good, just depends on if you want high speed steering enhancement also (Cobra).

I love my Garmin equipment as far as Chartplotter and Transducers go.

Florida195fsh

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
congrats! Space coast resident here as well (I'm in Titusville)....

Most common add-on's/ upgrades are thrust vectors, new speakers (and amp), and a chartplotter/fishfinder

as for chart plotters... I have had experience with a couple different ones. my last boat had a raymarine axiom series and that thing was awesome and super user friendly (very easy to figure out how to use it and operate it on the water). My current boat I have a Simrad GO9 and it has way more features and usability, however the user interface isn't as easy to operate and it's not as intuitive. Basically when I try to describe the differences to people I say the Raymarine is like an iPhone and the Simrad is an Andriod Phone. the Raymarine is pretty and easy to use, but the simrad can do more once you figure out how to use it... Finally, my brother has a Hummingbird (not sure on model), and he's not happy with it and wants to swap it out for the Simrad.
I definitely want to upgrade the audio system with an amp, better 6.5" speakers, and a subwoofer. How long can the second battery power the additional speakers? When you anchor out do you start the engines every hour or so to charge the batteries?

JASmith

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
it all depends on the wattage of the system you add. these boats won't charge the batteries, they don't have a true alternator, they have a stator, which will charge slightly, but is mostly to maintain the charge.

jdbakerucf

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I definitely want to upgrade the audio system with an amp, better 6.5" speakers, and a subwoofer. How long can the second battery power the additional speakers? When you anchor out do you start the engines every hour or so to charge the batteries?
so I don’t have a crazy system. I upgraded to Wetsounds Revo 6.5’s & 8’s with a 4 channel Polk audio amp to power it all and I can run them at a decent volume all day at the sandbar without issue.

Ericd

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a Garmin Echomap 94sv on my 210 FSH. I went to West Marine and played with several different chart plotters. I was probably lucky because the sales man was knowledgeable and helpful. Settled on Garmin and it works well for me.

Cobra Jet Steering LLC

Jetboaters Admiral
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Do your research before adding any steering there are basically two choices thrust vector slow speed up to 4 mph and then NOTHING or cobra steering super ultimate Ak-19 deluxe system tempered aluminum no plastic, spring loaded, adjustable steering and the plaining surface for faster hole shot, smoother ride and a cleaner wake for water sport activities that will NOT INCREASE THE DRAFT OF YOUR BOAT. Not just at the dock assistance but steering at all speeds and in rough water, wind, current and waves all for only $ 268.99 with a 30 day satisfaction guarantee and free priority mail shipping in the U S A from the innovator of aftermarket jet boat steering . 20 years experience, 5 US patents and over 100 patented claims.

Attachments

TomP

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I just bought the exact same boat about a month ago in NJ. Really having a blast. I've got 15 foot of chain on the anchor from my last boat. Honestly, it's overkill. I'm going to be backing it down to 10 feet this weekend. The first thing you probably want to do is address the leaks. Stick you head in the front storage areas and notice that the cup holders don't have hoses connected. The water from there will end up in the lockable storage. So you'll want to address that. Other than water, the boat is a gem.

She's fast, fast, fast.

Enjoy it,

Tom