• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My first boat

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have been researching different boats for the last month or so. I picked the Yamahas early on in my research so I have been on this site a lot lurking and reading. Yesterday I went an picked up my 2015 AR192.

I have learned so much from this site already and I will continue to hang out here.

After today's outing, I am very happy with my purchase however there are a few things I feel I need ASAP to make it that much better. I will be ordering the Thrust Vectors and the MW1 remote for the stereo to be mounted at the helm. Maybe even a 2nd remote for the swim deck.

Here are a couple pictures of the boat. First one is in the dealership's lot and the second was on the lake for its madain voyage.
image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have been researching different boats for the last month or so. I picked the Yamahas early on in my research so I have been on this site a lot lurking and reading. Yesterday I went an picked up my 2015 AR192.

I have learned so much from this site already and I will continue to hang out here.

After today's outing, I am very happy with my purchase however there are a few things I feel I need ASAP to make it that much better. I will be ordering the Thrust Vectors and the MW1 remote for the stereo to be mounted at the helm. Maybe even a 2nd remote for the swim deck.

Here are a couple pictures of the boat. First one is in the dealership's lot and the second was on the lake for its madain voyage.
Congratulations on the new boat! You'll love it.
Also, welcome aboard!

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard!

You will get used to the steering. At first everyone over steers and over throttles.... You'll learn to wait for the steering reaction to happen verses panic and oversteer/over throttle.

I see in your pic that your anchor chain is going up onto the gelcoat. Ouch! That will leave marks, pay out enough to get the rope part to tie off on your cleat.

Ask away! No dumb questions here, we love to educate.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip. I don't want to start messing up the pretty exterior already. I'm already having enough trouble with that at the dock :mad:

txav8r

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Congrats and welcome to the forum! Practice, practice, practice, out away from the dock. Regardless of fins, you need to practice, it makes a difference. And like you said, "don't want to start messing up the pretty exterior already". I edited your post to show the full images instead of small thumbnails. Once again, congrats and welcome!

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Welcome to the cult. I'd recommend a keel guard as well as the fins you are already planning on getting. For less than anothern$100 you can get some trailer guides which help make recovering the boat onto the trailer easier.

Jim Robeson

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome to party @eggwhite93 !! And congrats on that new boat!! You see what @Ronnie has already started in his comments?? More ways to make your boat better and how to spend your money...we are all good at the latter ;)

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Last edited:

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
@eggwhite93 Were you at the lake in Florala yesterday? When we were on the way home saw a boat just like yours packing up.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@Helipilot11 Yes. That was us at Lake Jackson. We are heading there again this morning for a few hours.

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Nice! Well welcome to the greatest boating community! My boat is being stored down at Eglin right now but we have to drive two hours down there. When we drove by my wife is like why don't we boat at Lake Jackson? How is the lake? Is it deep?

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It's not real deep 15-18 feet. It's really not that big but it is nice for a quick day trip. My Wife is from the area and her family all live there so it is centrally located. Plus we just wanted to go to the lake the first couple times out to get our bearings with the new boat.

Edward

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking boat and welcome to the community/forum!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome! I second the Keel Guard idea. I will be adding one in the next few weeks.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Congrats ! Check out cobra jet steering ! After loading my 210 for the second time yesterday on a angled launch I'm getting a set ! It was embarrassing lol

Evildwarf

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Eggwhite93 welcome aboard!
Great looking boat, the graphics are definitely high speed
You mentioned getting remotes for the tunes, great idea, since the tunes are only accessible through the glove box (unless the 2015 setup is different). That is an odd design choice by Yamaha that can be a frustration especially if you are at the helm and want to adjust volume etc. a swim deck remote is a great perk for when you are hanging around on the stern.
Other than that we loved our 192, very fast and agile boats!
Enjoy

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
CONGRATULATIONS! We are in the same boat, LOL :))
I just picked up a brand new SX190, after a similar process as yours. I was initially drawn in by Scarab and Glastron but the more I researched the more confident I felt about Yamaha. Also, I had a Yamaha jet ski so it was brand loyalty as well. I will be posting some new pictures in a new thread.

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
CONGRATULATIONS! We are in the same boat, LOL :))
I just picked up a brand new SX190, after a similar process as yours. I was initially drawn in by Scarab and Glastron but the more I researched the more confident I felt about Yamaha. Also, I had a Yamaha jet ski so it was brand loyalty as well. I will be posting some new pictures in a new thread.
Me 3 same thing !!! Lol scarab had me and ended up w a ar210 and couldn't be happier !!!!

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Me 4... I looked at the Scarab at MarineMax locally, but ended up getting a black SX190. The Scarab was nice, but I wanted something with proven reliability. Also, my FX Cruiser Waverunner served me well with minimal issues - hoping the same scenario with the Sx190.

I ended up adding the Thrust Vector fins because I found low speed steering to be difficult, even after coming from a Waverunner. I'm fortunate that JetBoatPilot is just down the road from me... no shipping, just drive down and pick up!