• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR192 Owners Chime in please!

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I have the new 2015 AR192. It comes with the Clarion M502 and I absolutely HATE IT!! Anyone have the same feelings on the one button does all?

I want to keep the Clarion for a number of reasons including that they are good marine brands and the badass floating wireless remote. Anyone have any insight on which Clarion unit will do the job?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a 2014 and it came wit the same stereo. It does suck however I am adding a wired remote at the drivers helm and with the remotes, it is much easier and simpler to operate. The single knob is a PITA, though my teenagers seem to operate it just fine but I hate it.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I want to run the wireless remote but I cant get my phone to pair via Bluetooth to save my damn life. Im technology illiterate, I guess. Thats the reason I want to get another Clarion unit.

I have run Sony Marine decks in the past with their wired remote and LOVE them but I am intrigued by the wireless floating remote that everyone speaks so highly of. I can take that in the water with me when we park. Thats the main reason for keeping the Clarion brand.

riderP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you wanted a simpler Clarion radio with Bluetooth, try the M303. You can use all the remotes too. (wired and wireless) I went from a M109 that's stock on the 2013 SX190 to this one. Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to play with it yet.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Im going to take this one out and try to sell it since I still have a good 3 weeks until Its decent enough to take her out. Ill go ahead and get the wireless remote tho.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
How much are you going to sell it for? I may be interested. The 13's came with the low end 109 and it won't work with the wired remotes I bought. Need a 303 or 502. If the price is right I'll buy it. Just FYI, they are releasing two new units and I am surprised they aren't out yet. They were announced in early January. The M505 and M205. They look really nice!

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If the 505 ever becomes available, I'll also have a 502 up for sale.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I imagine we will see the new models in March. Crutchfield has taken the 502 off their website which leads me to believe the new ones should be up any time. One of those is what I really want, but a 502 will do if the price is right

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
How much are you going to sell it for? I may be interested. The 13's came with the low end 109 and it won't work with the wired remotes I bought. Need a 303 or 502. If the price is right I'll buy it. Just FYI, they are releasing two new units and I am surprised they aren't out yet. They were announced in early January. The M505 and M205. They look really nice!
PM me. Ill pull it out tomorrow and ship on Monday if needed. The way the weather has been going, Im probably going to bite the bullet and get one now.

skbishop90

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I'll trade for a M303 if anyone is willing.....

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Look on ebay at the mw3 remote. Eiter way you will want something on the drivers side as the radio in the pass glove box is a pain to operate, even if it had better controls. The remote will give you individual contol over items rather than the uni knob. Just trying to give you other alternatives. I am waiting on the mw4 to release but they are saying it wont be until 6/30 this year. I primarily liked the mw3 due to its surface mount but I will be installing either it or an mw1 before summer arrives on mine.

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
where were you planning to mount the MW3? There doesn't seem to be a large enough space on the AR192 dash to accommodate it is there?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was looking at the space above the throttle. I am also depabting on goign with the MW1.

Last edited:

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmmm, I think that spot would be hard to read the display-- could work though. Any pics of the MW1 mounted?

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I thought it was tim that did it but I am looking for the pics and write up. They just fit where the warning label is above the throttle, it is convenient there and it also makes it so the remote that came with the unit will work without haveing to have the glove box open. I will post a link as soon as I find it.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I bought two MW1's. One for the dash area and the other for swim platform.

Not 100% sure where I am going to put the helm one. The boats still in storage :( But I have seen a few places that looks ok. The million dollar question is whether or not it will fit like the pic below (the MW1 is a little larger than the Kenwood)

Or this is a good spot too and probably where mine will go..

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
that doesn't look too bad, but I doubt how useful the display would be at that angle...

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
One OTHER option I have seen and I REALLY liked was mounting it where the no wake mode switch is. If you look at the second pic above, I have seen a remote mounted where the switch is and the switch was moved to in front of the throttles. The one thing I didn't like was they left the square no wake plate and it was still visible. Looked a little unfinished. Again, the question is and I will find out when I get the boat out of storage is whether that square no wake plate is a sticker or plate, if there is a hole there or just where switch is and IF I can relocated the switch and plate. If that's the case....I will relocated the plate and switch and put the remote right there :)

And Here are the pics of what I was describing! This has so much potential!

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I made the mistake of putting that HU in my boat as a replacement. I hate it too! I took the advice of someone on that old board (forget its name :cool:) who said it was awesome.....changing the fader setting required me to type up a cheat sheet and laminate it...and even then I need to clarify my cheat sheet as I wasn't specific enough about the exact button/twist to get there!!!! GRRRRRR (much like the iPhone one button interface...sucks!)