• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR192 Owners Chime in please!

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I made the mistake of putting that HU in my boat as a replacement. I hate it too! I took the advice of someone on that old board (forget its name :cool:) who said it was awesome.....changing the fader setting required me to type up a cheat sheet and laminate it...and even then I need to clarify my cheat sheet as I wasn't specific enough about the exact button/twist to get there!!!! GRRRRRR (much like the iPhone one button interface...sucks!)
I haven't used the 502, just read a few posts similar to this. I may take a shot on it since I need one for my Mw1's. But I have to disagree on the iPhone one button comment. Do the newer droids have multiple buttons? Just curious because I really don't follow them anymore since I have had my last two iPhones and I love them! I used to be an avid Apple hater.....Now I have a MacBook Pro (looking to buy another) have had two iPhones and the whole family has iOs devices LOL. Ugh they sucked me

riderP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If your looking for a remote to go in the helm area, I'd choose the MF1 or MW2. The MF1 would be my 1st choice because of the flexibility. If you just wanted a wired remote, I'd go with the MW2 because of the smaller footprint. I read that some people didn't like the MW1's display in the helm area because of it being too bright at night. I've got the M303 and the MW1 on the swim platform. Unfortunately, I haven't had an opportunity to try them out to give my own review of them.

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the MF1 and haven't installed it yet. I think I'll like it but admittedly am a bit afraid it is going to get lost hence my interest in a wired kit.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I have two of the MW1's mainly because I got them on sale a month or so ago for about $50 a piece. Couldn't buy one MF1 or MW2 for that price. I am leery of the Mf1 for the simple fact I think I will lose it LOL

riderP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I got one on sale through Ebay for $35. It was listed as a MW1-R. I wanted to make sure it was the real deal so I didn't get more. When it came in and saw the "R" stood for "including the 25ft cable" I went to buy the rest in stock, (2, 3, 4 etc) but they were all sold out....

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Damn!!! That's a steal lol. And I thought ingit a good deal!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I found the other thread that has the install where I was talking about. It is found here on the site that shall not be named...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
One OTHER option I have seen and I REALLY liked was mounting it where the no wake mode switch is. If you look at the second pic above, I have seen a remote mounted where the switch is and the switch was moved to in front of the throttles. The one thing I didn't like was they left the square no wake plate and it was still visible. Looked a little unfinished. Again, the question is and I will find out when I get the boat out of storage is whether that square no wake plate is a sticker or plate, if there is a hole there or just where switch is and IF I can relocated the switch and plate. If that's the case....I will relocated the plate and switch and put the remote right there :)

And Here are the pics of what I was describing! This has so much potential!

I too really like this install as well now that I see it. The no wake plate is a decal if I remember right, my boat is still covered but I think I am going to pop for the MW1 and duplicate this install now. I think it will be a little easier to do and I like the location it moved the no wake switch. There is also a mod that moves the switch to the throttle handle and that might be an option too.

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I picked up an MW2 and a Y cable. I am going to wire up both the Mw2 and the MF1. I'm going to put the MW2 in this location

Thanks for the input, it helped my decision-making

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I looked at the MW2 as well but decided I wanted the display available to me so I didn't have to open the glove box etc. The nice thing with any of the wired remotes, it increases the remote range for the IR remote that came with the 502, it will work without the glove box being open.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Got my boat out of storage today (yes it was pushing 70 degrees here today and I couldn't resist). Decided to look at a few things I've been pondering and I have found there is a noticeable difference between the switch panels on the 12's to the new dashes (not sure about 15's) But my 13 dash is different than that of what I have seen on the 12's. It is a TIGHT fit if I want to place my remote in the space where the stock no wake mode switch is because of where the put the screws. You can see the differences easily....... I think it can be done on the newer panel but it will have to be PERFECT

This is a 14 dash...looks identical to my 13. The screws for the switch panels are not on the edges like the second pic

In this pic. it's a '12 and the panels are mounted with screws that are further out towards the corners, thus making it EASY to do the remote mount.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I think it will work, you will have to measure three times and cut once is all. I am also looking at the area where the warning decal is on the second pic. I think it would be decent as for a location that would not be too bright at night.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
what would be REALLY helpful is a template that has both diameters on it. I could nail the location of the hole being drilled this way. I am sure I can make one, just need the right program to do it :) 3.0" inner hold and 3.6" outer

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I ended up going with the right side location. I much prefer this location than on the top of the dash but holy crap this was a tough install because if you are a full-bodied human being you're not getting your hands back there to install the clamp or nuts. I had my six year old son climb in there and he did that part of it for me. Thank god he was there otherwise I would have a hole there and a remote hanging out of it.

And for good measure, one of the boat:

...yeah that's snow in the background. Mid-April 60+ degrees and it's still not melted.

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@camoto What brand did you use for the boat guides and covers? I need to get a set on my trailer ASAP. When backing the trailer without the boat it disappears behind my truck way too easily for others I have to back in while I load the boat if you know what I mean...

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Those will work perfect, I will have to paint the metal black to match my trailer but I am good since I am fresh water only... Thanks!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@camoto What size did you go with? Im thinking the 40" will be ok?

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Mine are the 48's. I wish I had gone with the 40's to be honest because I think they are a little high for the 19x.