• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO Yamaha 2023 Boats Pricing, Overview (Marketing material)

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
What options will be available to a guy who has been waiting for a 195 fsh DELUXE?

SSPK2015

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Below is the information Yamaha is publishing about their new 22 foot series boats. @OperationROL and I were able to preview these boats ahead of their release and we were both impressed with the changes. We have video reviews of the 222 FSH and XD models.

Here is the pricing and feature grid for 2023 with comparisons to prior years.

View attachment 186286

Yamaha Introduces All-New 22-Foot Runabout Series: Seven New Models in All
Yamaha open bow runabouts speak to boat enthusiasts everywhere. From 19-feet to 27-feet, Yamaha offers superiorly-crafted day boats for socializing, watersports, and adventuring.

For 2023, Yamaha introduces an all-new 22-foot platform that builds upon the success of Yamaha's versatile 21-foot runabouts that it replaces. In all, there are seven new 22-foot runabouts, designed with every inch of every boat carefully considered.

Offering sleek lines, agile handling, superb performance, and advanced technology, the new Yamaha 220 and 222 Series boats are bigger and better, with twin Yamaha marine engines generating up to 360-horsepower.

The new series begins with the value-minded SX220 and AR220, powered by twin 1L TR-1 HO (High Output) engines. Moving up the series are the feature-rich 222S, 222SE, and 222SD, and at the pinnacle of the series are the premium wake edition 222XE and 222XD. All 222 models feature added performance delivered by twin 1.8L HO motors.

The new 22-foot platform continues Yamaha's trend toward contemporary design with its deeper cockpit and greater freeboard, enabling a more spacious interior and larger bow and cockpit areas.

Specifically, the new models are nine inches longer, with gunwales two inches higher at the helm and 4-inches higher at the bow than the previous 21-foot line, creating a significantly roomier, more comfortable riding experience.

The new series comes with an all-new minimalistic helm design that features a right justified

12.3-inch multi-color Connext touchscreen that is the hub for the entertainment functions, DRiVE control, GPS mapping, and relevant boat system data when underway. The result is better driving visibility and more convenient access to the touchscreen when on the move.

On the left side of the helm is an intuitively-placed joystick for accessing Connext when underway. Located at the base of the joystick are buttons that activate Yamaha's Cruise Control and No Wake Mode.

And new for Yamaha boats is a smartphone holder with wireless charging at the helm and a wireless charging pad located portside.

Renowned Yamaha Jet Drive System
Yamaha's renowned internal propulsion system is the gold standard in the boating industry, making Yamaha boats more fun to drive (nimble handling and instant acceleration), easy to maintain (no water pump or fluids needed), and extraordinarily versatile because Yamaha's jet pump impeller is protected inside the hull, eliminating the need for an exposed lower unit or propeller. The result is a shallow draft unmatched in its class, allowing access to shallow waters that other brands cannot enter.

And because the engines and jet drive system are positioned deep inside the hull, egress and ingress to and from the stern swim platform are unobstructed for added peace of mind.

Yamaha's Award-Winning DRiVE technology for Low-Speed Handling and Maneuverability
The 222SD and 222XD models feature the industry-first and only low-speed function called DRiVE. DRiVE allows the operator to maneuver these 22-foot boats precisely around docks, launch ramps, and other tight, congested spaces with confidence and ease.

The DRiVE function is engaged using the Connext touchscreen. With one touch, DRiVE is enabled. It's that simple. Then, using actuating paddle controls on the steering wheel, the operator can toggle between forward or reverse and control speeds in both directions.

And because there's no gearcase to shift with a jet driveline, the action is seamless, and driver input is instant. At no time does the driver need to remove their hands from the steering wheel. The result is a new standard of slow-speed maneuverability that is intuitive, comfortable, and convenient.

Signature Yamaha Stern Lounge and Swim Platform
Yamaha boats are renowned for their signature stern lounge area and swim platform that sits right above the waterline. This is the place to be when hanging out at your favorite cove, made possible by Yamaha's "engineless" design and low walkthrough transom.

And there is more storage there too. The top of the padded stern seatbacks open for additional storage, and there is a place for wet items in the self-draining clean-out ports compartment.

Completing the stern area are stainless steel beverage holders, high-quality padded flooring, remote for the premium sound system, a telescopic reboarding ladder, and award-winning swim-up seating on select models.

Award-winning Swim Up Stern Seating
An innovation first introduced on the luxurious 27-foot 275 Series is swim-up seating. At anchor, two removable seats can be attached to the stern. These seats sit just below the water's surface, providing comfortable in-water seating facing the transom of the boat. And since the reboarding ladder is located between both seat positions, egress onto the swim platform is a breeze. All 22-foot runabouts come standard with mounts for optional swim-up seats.

Premium Sound System
There's nothing better than hanging out at a favorite cove listening to a great summer playlist. For the best audio experience, the 222XD and 222XE come with a premium Wetsounds® speaker system that includes six deck speakers, two tower speakers, and a subwoofer.

2023 Yamaha 222XE and Top-of-Series 222XD
255XD and 255XE feature Yamaha's integrated SurfPointe wakesurf system to create the most surfable wake in the jet boat industry.

Yamaha Surfpointe includes:

Integrated push-button controlled Yamaha Wakebooster®

1100 lbs. triple ballast system

Wake-specific hull design with a stern that sits lower in the water at wakesurfing speed.

2023 220/222 Series Runabout Specifications:

Length: 22'
Width: 8' 6"
Draft: 19"
Capacity: 12 persons
Fuel capacity:70 gal
Storage:Bow 64.36 gal, Helm 84.08 gal, Head 147.22 gal, Ski Locker 72.88 gal, Port
Storage 42.27 gal, Starboard Storage 22.78, Seat Back Storage 43.2 gal, Cleanout Storage 21.35 gal
Engines:Twin 1.8L Yamaha Marine Engines (222 models). Twin 1L Yamaha Marine Engines (220 models)
Jet Pump: 160 mm
Assembled: Yamaha Jet Boat Manufacturing in Vonore, TN
The spreadsheet is fantastic!

johnso30

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Good Catch. It looks like a bench seat.
Yep, if you do compare the two models side by side on yamaha’s website, it says that the AR220 keeps the bench seat, and the 222 models have the passenger captains chair.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The new series does not appeal to me,
No tower thingus on the Deluxe and it came with a Bass seat in the front.
200 lbs. lighter and a couple a grand less than a sport.
I had plans of a 8' four bow with sail panels River Style, a couple of stand alone new fancy batteries, nice trolling motor, modest electronics.
This would have been our third boat, downsizing,
off to find a center console outboard that suits me...

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Yep, if you do compare the two models side by side on yamaha’s website, it says that the AR220 keeps the bench seat, and the 222 models have the passenger captains chair.
That's unfortunate.

I really want the passenger captains chair, but not pay the 222 prices. Will have to see what the SX220 looks like with the bimini.

I do like the changes from the 210, and this might be my first new boat.

Jim

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do we know if yamaha is coming out with a new wake booster that can be used with the swim up seats?

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Do we know if yamaha is coming out with a new wake booster that can be used with the swim up seats?
Doubt it just due to the fact that the brackets would disrupt the wake too much.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Its in French (Quebec dealer), but here is a walk through of the interior of the new AR220. Same bench seating on the port side and non-reclining captains chairs as the AR210:

Jim

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Its in French (Quebec dealer), but here is a walk through of the interior of the new AR220. Same bench seating on the port side and non-reclining captains chairs as the AR210:

Jim
I noticed the cooler behind the captain's chair. Does anyone know the specs for this? I want to buy a Yeti but not sure what size this would be comparable to.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Got a call from the dealer,
Dealer prep remains the same,
To move from a 2022 195 fsh deluxe(discontinued) to a 2023 195 fsh sport is a 17% increase.
Also there is a "$1500 surcharge", goes to Manufacturer, This surcharge is above the posted
msrp on Manufacturers web site.
Add the cost of removing tower and having a custom Bimini installed.
Not sure about installing a Bass seat fitting in the bow deck,
Still holding the order, No delivery date indication.
Game plan has me looking at the resale market for a slightly used 195 fsh or similar CC OB, no salt.

Jdl110

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doubt it just due to the fact that the brackets would disrupt the wake too much.
Ok thanks. I see they are coming on various models now for the 22 foot boats and they had them on a lot of the 25 foot boats in various pictures for the 2023 models. I added them on my AR250 but the booster doesn’t fit so I was just wondering if anyone has heard of a new design coming out. I might have to use the jet boat pilot deflector as I saw on their videos it works on the 25 foot boats with the swim up seat brackets.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Got a call from the dealer,
Dealer prep remains the same,
To move from a 2022 195 fsh deluxe(discontinued) to a 2023 195 fsh sport is a 17% increase.
Also there is a "$1500 surcharge", goes to Manufacturer, This surcharge is above the posted
msrp on Manufacturers web site.
Add the cost of removing tower and having a custom Bimini installed.
Not sure about installing a Bass seat fitting in the bow deck,
Still holding the order, No delivery date indication.
Game plan has me looking at the resale market for a slightly used 195 fsh or similar CC OB, no salt.
Do you want the bimini because of storage of the boat?

I don't know why Yamaha doesn't have a folding t-top. Scarab has one on there 195 and folding t-tops can be custom built or bought from some suppliers. Maybe instead of going through the cost to remove the factory t-top and install a bimini, you could have a local shop customize the existing factory t-top?

Jim

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Jim
Glad to see they kept the bench seating for some...Thanks

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The told us explicitly that the Surfepoint and swim up seats are incompatible. If they were coming out with a Booster that would fit I think they would have said something.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I noticed the cooler behind the captain's chair. Does anyone know the specs for this? I want to buy a Yeti but not sure what size this would be comparable to.
I wonder if there is a slide on the captain's seat? If so, whatever is comfortable for the captain might impact the space left for the cooler?

Jim

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I wonder if there is a slide on the captain's seat? If so, whatever is comfortable for the captain might impact the space left for the cooler?

Jim
Not 100% certain, but I think the cooler will still clear the seat if it's all the way back.

bigsapper

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Did a comparison 0f the 252S, 222S & 222SE. The engine section shows different specs for all 3 boats. Don't all use the same 1.8L HO twin engines?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I think I saw ballast bags available as an accessary but no wedge on the 222S when I was looking at it earlier. While I like the swim up seat, I would rather have a complete wake surf package.