• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO Yamaha 2023 Boats Pricing, Overview (Marketing material)

Mfrench2025

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
We have a deposit on a 222XD as we prefer jet boats (just sold our, beloved by me but with issues, Scarab 195, to our boat mechanic) but really want a boat that we can learn to and use to surf. We are contemplating an MB B52 Alpha because of its reputation for being a good surf boat. If we can surf easily on the 222XD, that’s our first choice. I’ve watched reviews of the 222XD but don’t see much information out yet as to whether the new integrated wake boosters really make for good surfing. Appreciate any views!
We just put an order in for one also as looking for the same goals. I have a feeling based on the videos of the the 255xd we are going to need to add more ballast to the boat like a fat sac. Yamaha does offer two bags that fit in the wet storage in the rear seats that add 360 pounds. Hopefully after having the 255xd out for a year they may have made changes to the 222xd to improve the wake some.

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Update on my order for a 195 FSH Sport.
Phoenix dealer wrote a new sales order with the new price, Dealer did not change any of their fees and honored my deposit.
From looking around, Phoenix dealer is mid pack on fees and their boat prices are as advertised on the Yamaha website.
Dealer confirmed that Yamaha confirms delivery date of Nov. to January. Dealer also said that they have been receiving 19' Yamaha runabouts.
Maybe I can get a trolling motor out of the wife for Christmas.:shamefullyembarrased:

Last edited:

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
We just put an order in for one also as looking for the same goals. I have a feeling based on the videos of the the 255xd we are going to need to add more ballast to the boat like a fat sac. Yamaha does offer two bags that fit in the wet storage in the rear seats that add 360 pounds. Hopefully after having the 255xd out for a year they may have made changes to the 222xd to improve the wake some.
Where can you see those bags you are referring to that fit in the wet storage behind the seats? That would be nice as not visible
Thx

Mfrench2025

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Where can you see those bags you are referring to that fit in the wet storage behind the seats? That would be nice as not visible
Thx
So this is on the build site. Not sure how they work though. 1624BE60-7959-462B-9ACF-8ADFDF9B4B76.png

imperialxrat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I see that the older 212x boats were listed at 21’3”, and these new 222 boats are 9” longer, bringing it to 22’. Unfortunately my lake has a length restriction of 21’6”, however they published this picture as a guide that it’s from the transom to bow.. I’m wondering if the new 22’ boats have 6” behind the transom to allow me to have it on the lake.

Im assuming I just need to wait until a dealership gets some in to go measure, or until someone on here receives one. Anyone seen one in person?

Attachments

Last edited:

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would talk to whoever enforces the restrictions on your lake and see how they are going to measure the boat first. I'd hate to buy a boat and not be able to use it on my home lake because someone measured it one way and someone else measures it another.

imperialxrat

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would talk to whoever enforces the restrictions on your lake and see how they are going to measure the boat first. I'd hate to buy a boat and not be able to use it on my home lake because someone measured it one way and someone else measures it another.
Exactly. That is included in that picture that I posted above. Looking off the Yamaha website it looks like the swim platform extends pretty good behind the transom, so not sure. Could work out.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
So I see that the older 212x boats were listed at 21’3”, and these new 222 boats are 9” longer, bringing it to 22’. Unfortunately my lake has a length restriction of 21’6”, however they published this picture as a guide that it’s from the transom to bow.. I’m wondering if the new 22’ boats have 6” behind the transom to allow me to have it on the lake.

Im assuming I just need to wait until a dealership gets some in to go measure, or until someone on here receives one. Anyone seen one in person?
I've been on one (since I made the video)! If they measure to the transom you'll be fine. I'd send them this photo and say, based on your measurement diagram I measure from the transom plate to the tip of the bow....correct? That would likely take 1.5+ feet off the length of the boat.

1662575062621.png

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I agree with this post, and would add get it in Writing, you don’t want two different people giving you different answers.

I would suspect it is LOA (length overall), but maybe not. If is is LOA, ask if this includes the engine? If it does, ask for a written exemption, as your LOA includes the motor.

Ask and maybe you shall receive 😀

Jim

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length
I'm just tired of the surcharges on everything. Give me an actual price, no fees, no surcharges, no other BS, just THE price. It's just a way for them to keep the MSRP down and look good to potential buyers and say their boats cost less than the competition when in reality it's just another reason to charge more.
Couldn't agree more.

kgower

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
222SE
Boat Length

Bottom Bracket

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Dealer called, Our boat is in the warehouse ready to ship.
Dealer is waiting for a call from the truck driver for a delivery date.
Maybe this weekend!

URODAVE

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Dealer called, Our boat is in the warehouse ready to ship.
Dealer is waiting for a call from the truck driver for a delivery date.
Maybe this weekend!
What model?

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length