• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO Yamaha 2023 Boats Pricing, Overview (Marketing material)

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Another dealer got back to me quoting the correct MSRP with aluminum trailer + $1950 freight, $1500 Yamaha surcharge, and a $1295 dealer prep ($4,745).

He said Yamaha has roughly 100 boats across all models ready to ship and orders with a non refundable deposit are due today if you're hoping to be in that first batch, but no guarantee what Yamaha will ship to everyone.

With the price increases, add on fees, and losing the ability to surf... I think I'm gonna wait it out and hope to find a used 252 FSH.
What dealership was this? BMC boats quoted me $700 more ($600 more in freight and $100 more in prep).

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I’m not digging the price games. Boats went up 7%, hearing Yamaha $1,500 surcharge, freight went up about $1,000 from what I am hearing.
I guess the surcharge would be acceptable to me for the new 220/222 models, as they likely are more expensive to manufacture than the old model. I wouldn't want to pay a surcharge on the other models, however, as the have already increased several thousand of dollars with the only change being designated 2023 instead of 2022.

Jim

Babin Farms

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I guess the surcharge would be acceptable to me for the new 220/222 models, as they likely are more expensive to manufacture than the old model. I wouldn't want to pay a surcharge on the other models, however, as the have already increased several thousand of dollars with the only change being designated 2023 instead of 2022.

Jim
I'm just tired of the surcharges on everything. Give me an actual price, no fees, no surcharges, no other BS, just THE price. It's just a way for them to keep the MSRP down and look good to potential buyers and say their boats cost less than the competition when in reality it's just another reason to charge more.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
He said Yamaha has roughly 100 boats across all models ready to ship and orders with a non refundable deposit are due today if you're hoping to be in that first batch, but no guarantee what Yamaha will ship to everyone.
Non Refundable Deposit's are a joke and a bunch of bullshit. I wouldn't do it. It is not like if you don't want one of their allocations that come in that they are not going to sell it to someone else probably the same day.

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm just tired of the surcharges on everything. Give me an actual price, no fees, no surcharges, no other BS, just THE price. It's just a way for them to keep the MSRP down and look good to potential buyers and say their boats cost less than the competition when in reality it's just another reason to charge more.
Agreed. I hate surcharges and whatever BS they come up with. Just put all that crap in the MSRP and call it a day so we, as buyers, know the only thing added is taxes.

getti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What dealership was this? BMC boats quoted me $700 more ($600 more in freight and $100 more in prep).
Boaters exchange in Rockledge, definitely more transparent there. I'd recommend talking to the salesman Billy. He's gonna place orders this afternoon if you're interested.

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boaters exchange in Rockledge, definitely more transparent there. I'd recommend talking to the salesman Billy. He's gonna place orders this afternoon if you're interested.
Just reached out to him. They want a $2K non refundable deposit. They were allocated 32 total boats this year from Yamaha. Even though their price is slightly cheaper, the non refundable deposit I am not a fan of whatsoever.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are no orders to place. All allocations have been allocated to the dealers already. Dealers don't order and customers don't order.

getti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There are no orders to place. All allocations have been allocated to the dealers already. Dealers don't order and customers don't order.
I'm just sharing the information they provided me.

getti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just reached out to him. They want a $2K non refundable deposit. They were allocated 32 total boats this year from Yamaha. Even though their price is slightly cheaper, the non refundable deposit I am not a fan of whatsoever.
I agree, have to be fully ready to commit with them.

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm confused?

The way I understand it is every dealer is allocated X amount of boats for the year. The dealer doesn't know what models will come in. The dealer is given a deadline to submit what orders (models) they already have deposits for and Yamaha distributes the boats accordingly. There is no guarantee you get the boat nor when it will come in.

Is this not correct?

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree, have to be fully ready to commit with them.
Yep. The difference between BMC and them is $971. Interested to see if BMC will drop it down or tell me to pack sand.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm confused?

The way I understand it is every dealer is allocated X amount of boats for the year. The dealer doesn't know what models will come in. The dealer is given a deadline to submit what orders (models) they already have deposits for and Yamaha distributes the boats accordingly. There is no guarantee you get the boat nor when it will come in.

Is this not correct?
For the most part. It also doesn't have anything to do with how many deposits they have, otherwise the dealers would be sandbagging deposits to increase their allocation. Why not take an ass ton of refundable deposits if it helps your allocation of $500 or so. They know they would sell every boat they get to someone regardless. It works for the most part like this,

Dealers get a sheet (screen to check what they want to get).
They always try and get more, of course this makes sense.
Yamaha then reviews that from all the dealers.
There are sales, other metrics such as location, history, dealer points/score, history, etc. etc. Which allows some dealers to get more initially allocated than others.
Then the calculation gets done. Which includes productions estimates, etc.
Then the dealers get notified of what they think they should be getting.
Then it could be more or less as the year goes on, based upon multiple internal critieria.
If there looks like there may be a additional boats coming, they will reach out to dealers in different regions and send them boats they didn't request. Hence boats show up out of the blue with no one knowing they were coming sometimes.

Deposits do not translate into anything outside the dealer, nor really determine any allocation. Dealers take a lot more deposits than they will possibly get boats, and I tend to think they know that up front but still do it. Non refundable is a nice way to keep cash flowing.

Dealers whom are indicating that they need a non refundable deposit in order to assign you an allocation are full of shit and just hard selling. But I guess that is the game now.

Last edited:

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For the most part. It also doesn't have anything to do with how many deposits they have, otherwise the dealers would be sandbagging deposits to increase their allocation. Why not take an ass ton of refundable deposits if it helps your allocation of $500 or so. They know they would sell every boat they get to someone regardless. It works for the most part like this,

Dealers get a sheet (screen to check what they want to get).
They always try and get more, of course this makes sense.
Yamaha then reviews that from all the dealers.
There are sales, other metrics such as location, history, dealer points/score, history, etc. etc. Which allows some dealers to get more initially allocated than others.
Then the calculation gets done. Which includes productions estimates, etc.
Then the dealers get notified of what they think they should be getting.
Then it could be more or less as the year goes on, based upon multiple internal critieria.
If there looks like there may be a additional boats coming, they will reach out to dealers in different regions and send them boats they didn't request. Hence boats show up out of the blue with no one knowing they were coming sometimes.

Deposits do not translate into anything outside the dealer, nor really determine any allocation. Dealers take a lot more deposits than they will possibly get boats, and I tend to think they know that up front but still do it. Non refundable is a nice way to keep cash flowing.

Dealers whom are indicating that they need a non refundable deposit in order to assign you an allocation are full of shit and just hard selling. But I guess that is the game now.
I appreciate the info! I agree, a non-refundable deposit is a joke. The dealer even made it clear we are not guaranteed a boat and the deposit is only refundable if "for some reason your boat does not come in". No way will I commit to a non-refundable for a maybe.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
My guess is that if pre-orders do slow down AND dealers anticipate not being able to quickly sell a boat they have in inventory, the requirement for non-refundable deposits may actually rise.

It is pretty common when ordering boats from other manufacturers to leave a 10% or $5,000 deposit. Although, ordering isn't the sh$t show it appears to be with a Yamaha boat.

Jim

NoFla21

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
My guess is that if pre-orders do slow down AND dealers anticipate not being able to quickly sell a boat they have in inventory, the requirement for non-refundable deposits may actually rise.

It is pretty common when ordering boats from other manufacturers to leave a 10% or $5,000 deposit. Although, ordering isn't the sh$t show it appears to be with a Yamaha boat.

Jim
Agreed. I have no issues leaving a non-refundable deposit to guarantee me a boat. But since the dealers cannot promise I will get a boat, I just don't understand why someone would commit to that.

Jim_in_Delaware

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Agreed. I have no issues leaving a non-refundable deposit to guarantee me a boat. But since the dealers cannot promise I will get a boat, I just don't understand why someone would commit to that.
I absolutely agree. If you have the choice of putting money down or not, I ALWAYS prefer not. One additional thing that always bugs me about deposits is that there is a small chance the dealer goes out of business and your money is lost.

Jim

84rzv500r

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love the new boats, however for the boating i do, just getting ready to head out for the afternoon btw, I can't see the money... I cant get by the 19" of draft and the total weight of the boats... 2-3' of water is deep for 80% of my boating... the deepest water traverse is usually in my canal @22' out back is skinnier till ya go outside the reef and that's like 40' and I rarely go out there unless its low low tide... on the ocean side... i dont go off the shelf... so 15-50' is the norm... I carry 68 gal of fuel in the main and 10 Gal of reserve when i travel. so range with the MR-1's at a 30MPH cruise is not a problem...

also salt water here every day is hard on boats...

getti

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yep. The difference between BMC and them is $971. Interested to see if BMC will drop it down or tell me to pack sand.
Worth a shot.

KarenBowman99

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Below is the information Yamaha is publishing about their new 22 foot series boats. @OperationROL and I were able to preview these boats ahead of their release and we were both impressed with the changes. We have video reviews of the 222 FSH and XD models.

Here is the pricing and feature grid for 2023 with comparisons to prior years.

View attachment 186571

Yamaha Introduces All-New 22-Foot Runabout Series: Seven New Models in All
Yamaha open bow runabouts speak to boat enthusiasts everywhere. From 19-feet to 27-feet, Yamaha offers superiorly-crafted day boats for socializing, watersports, and adventuring.

For 2023, Yamaha introduces an all-new 22-foot platform that builds upon the success of Yamaha's versatile 21-foot runabouts that it replaces. In all, there are seven new 22-foot runabouts, designed with every inch of every boat carefully considered.

Offering sleek lines, agile handling, superb performance, and advanced technology, the new Yamaha 220 and 222 Series boats are bigger and better, with twin Yamaha marine engines generating up to 360-horsepower.

The new series begins with the value-minded SX220 and AR220, powered by twin 1L TR-1 HO (High Output) engines. Moving up the series are the feature-rich 222S, 222SE, and 222SD, and at the pinnacle of the series are the premium wake edition 222XE and 222XD. All 222 models feature added performance delivered by twin 1.8L HO motors.

The new 22-foot platform continues Yamaha's trend toward contemporary design with its deeper cockpit and greater freeboard, enabling a more spacious interior and larger bow and cockpit areas.

Specifically, the new models are nine inches longer, with gunwales two inches higher at the helm and 4-inches higher at the bow than the previous 21-foot line, creating a significantly roomier, more comfortable riding experience.

The new series comes with an all-new minimalistic helm design that features a right justified

12.3-inch multi-color Connext touchscreen that is the hub for the entertainment functions, DRiVE control, GPS mapping, and relevant boat system data when underway. The result is better driving visibility and more convenient access to the touchscreen when on the move.

On the left side of the helm is an intuitively-placed joystick for accessing Connext when underway. Located at the base of the joystick are buttons that activate Yamaha's Cruise Control and No Wake Mode.

And new for Yamaha boats is a smartphone holder with wireless charging at the helm and a wireless charging pad located portside.

Renowned Yamaha Jet Drive System
Yamaha's renowned internal propulsion system is the gold standard in the boating industry, making Yamaha boats more fun to drive (nimble handling and instant acceleration), easy to maintain (no water pump or fluids needed), and extraordinarily versatile because Yamaha's jet pump impeller is protected inside the hull, eliminating the need for an exposed lower unit or propeller. The result is a shallow draft unmatched in its class, allowing access to shallow waters that other brands cannot enter.

And because the engines and jet drive system are positioned deep inside the hull, egress and ingress to and from the stern swim platform are unobstructed for added peace of mind.

Yamaha's Award-Winning DRiVE technology for Low-Speed Handling and Maneuverability
The 222SD and 222XD models feature the industry-first and only low-speed function called DRiVE. DRiVE allows the operator to maneuver these 22-foot boats precisely around docks, launch ramps, and other tight, congested spaces with confidence and ease.

The DRiVE function is engaged using the Connext touchscreen. With one touch, DRiVE is enabled. It's that simple. Then, using actuating paddle controls on the steering wheel, the operator can toggle between forward or reverse and control speeds in both directions.

And because there's no gearcase to shift with a jet driveline, the action is seamless, and driver input is instant. At no time does the driver need to remove their hands from the steering wheel. The result is a new standard of slow-speed maneuverability that is intuitive, comfortable, and convenient.

Signature Yamaha Stern Lounge and Swim Platform
Yamaha boats are renowned for their signature stern lounge area and swim platform that sits right above the waterline. This is the place to be when hanging out at your favorite cove, made possible by Yamaha's "engineless" design and low walkthrough transom.

And there is more storage there too. The top of the padded stern seatbacks open for additional storage, and there is a place for wet items in the self-draining clean-out ports compartment.

Completing the stern area are stainless steel beverage holders, high-quality padded flooring, remote for the premium sound system, a telescopic reboarding ladder, and award-winning swim-up seating on select models.

Award-winning Swim Up Stern Seating
An innovation first introduced on the luxurious 27-foot 275 Series is swim-up seating. At anchor, two removable seats can be attached to the stern. These seats sit just below the water's surface, providing comfortable in-water seating facing the transom of the boat. And since the reboarding ladder is located between both seat positions, egress onto the swim platform is a breeze. All 22-foot runabouts come standard with mounts for optional swim-up seats.

Premium Sound System
There's nothing better than hanging out at a favorite cove listening to a great summer playlist. For the best audio experience, the 222XD and 222XE come with a premium Wetsounds® speaker system that includes six deck speakers, two tower speakers, and a subwoofer.

2023 Yamaha 222XE and Top-of-Series 222XD
255XD and 255XE feature Yamaha's integrated SurfPointe wakesurf system to create the most surfable wake in the jet boat industry.

Yamaha Surfpointe includes:

Integrated push-button controlled Yamaha Wakebooster®

1100 lbs. triple ballast system

Wake-specific hull design with a stern that sits lower in the water at wakesurfing speed.

2023 220/222 Series Runabout Specifications:

Length: 22'
Width: 8' 6"
Draft: 19"
Capacity: 12 persons
Fuel capacity:70 gal
Storage:Bow 64.36 gal, Helm 84.08 gal, Head 147.22 gal, Ski Locker 72.88 gal, Port
Storage 42.27 gal, Starboard Storage 22.78, Seat Back Storage 43.2 gal, Cleanout Storage 21.35 gal
Engines:Twin 1.8L Yamaha Marine Engines (222 models). Twin 1L Yamaha Marine Engines (220 models)
Jet Pump: 160 mm
Assembled: Yamaha Jet Boat Manufacturing in Vonore, TN
We have a deposit on a 222XD as we prefer jet boats (just sold our, beloved by me but with issues, Scarab 195, to our boat mechanic) but really want a boat that we can learn to and use to surf. We are contemplating an MB B52 Alpha because of its reputation for being a good surf boat. If we can surf easily on the 222XD, that’s our first choice. I’ve watched reviews of the 222XD but don’t see much information out yet as to whether the new integrated wake boosters really make for good surfing. Appreciate any views!