• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

NEW MODEL INFO Yamaha 2023 Boats Pricing, Overview (Marketing material)

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Below is the information Yamaha is publishing about their new 22 foot series boats. @OperationROL and I were able to preview these boats ahead of their release and we were both impressed with the changes. We have video reviews of the 222 FSH and XD models.

Here is the pricing and feature grid for 2023 with comparisons to prior years.

1661441955825.png

Yamaha Introduces All-New 22-Foot Runabout Series: Seven New Models in All
Yamaha open bow runabouts speak to boat enthusiasts everywhere. From 19-feet to 27-feet, Yamaha offers superiorly-crafted day boats for socializing, watersports, and adventuring.

For 2023, Yamaha introduces an all-new 22-foot platform that builds upon the success of Yamaha's versatile 21-foot runabouts that it replaces. In all, there are seven new 22-foot runabouts, designed with every inch of every boat carefully considered.

Offering sleek lines, agile handling, superb performance, and advanced technology, the new Yamaha 220 and 222 Series boats are bigger and better, with twin Yamaha marine engines generating up to 360-horsepower.

The new series begins with the value-minded SX220 and AR220, powered by twin 1L TR-1 HO (High Output) engines. Moving up the series are the feature-rich 222S, 222SE, and 222SD, and at the pinnacle of the series are the premium wake edition 222XE and 222XD. All 222 models feature added performance delivered by twin 1.8L HO motors.

The new 22-foot platform continues Yamaha's trend toward contemporary design with its deeper cockpit and greater freeboard, enabling a more spacious interior and larger bow and cockpit areas.

Specifically, the new models are nine inches longer, with gunwales two inches higher at the helm and 4-inches higher at the bow than the previous 21-foot line, creating a significantly roomier, more comfortable riding experience.

The new series comes with an all-new minimalistic helm design that features a right justified

12.3-inch multi-color Connext touchscreen that is the hub for the entertainment functions, DRiVE control, GPS mapping, and relevant boat system data when underway. The result is better driving visibility and more convenient access to the touchscreen when on the move.

On the left side of the helm is an intuitively-placed joystick for accessing Connext when underway. Located at the base of the joystick are buttons that activate Yamaha's Cruise Control and No Wake Mode.

And new for Yamaha boats is a smartphone holder with wireless charging at the helm and a wireless charging pad located portside.

Renowned Yamaha Jet Drive System
Yamaha's renowned internal propulsion system is the gold standard in the boating industry, making Yamaha boats more fun to drive (nimble handling and instant acceleration), easy to maintain (no water pump or fluids needed), and extraordinarily versatile because Yamaha's jet pump impeller is protected inside the hull, eliminating the need for an exposed lower unit or propeller. The result is a shallow draft unmatched in its class, allowing access to shallow waters that other brands cannot enter.

And because the engines and jet drive system are positioned deep inside the hull, egress and ingress to and from the stern swim platform are unobstructed for added peace of mind.

Yamaha's Award-Winning DRiVE technology for Low-Speed Handling and Maneuverability
The 222SD and 222XD models feature the industry-first and only low-speed function called DRiVE. DRiVE allows the operator to maneuver these 22-foot boats precisely around docks, launch ramps, and other tight, congested spaces with confidence and ease.

The DRiVE function is engaged using the Connext touchscreen. With one touch, DRiVE is enabled. It's that simple. Then, using actuating paddle controls on the steering wheel, the operator can toggle between forward or reverse and control speeds in both directions.

And because there's no gearcase to shift with a jet driveline, the action is seamless, and driver input is instant. At no time does the driver need to remove their hands from the steering wheel. The result is a new standard of slow-speed maneuverability that is intuitive, comfortable, and convenient.

Signature Yamaha Stern Lounge and Swim Platform
Yamaha boats are renowned for their signature stern lounge area and swim platform that sits right above the waterline. This is the place to be when hanging out at your favorite cove, made possible by Yamaha's "engineless" design and low walkthrough transom.

And there is more storage there too. The top of the padded stern seatbacks open for additional storage, and there is a place for wet items in the self-draining clean-out ports compartment.

Completing the stern area are stainless steel beverage holders, high-quality padded flooring, remote for the premium sound system, a telescopic reboarding ladder, and award-winning swim-up seating on select models.

Award-winning Swim Up Stern Seating
An innovation first introduced on the luxurious 27-foot 275 Series is swim-up seating. At anchor, two removable seats can be attached to the stern. These seats sit just below the water's surface, providing comfortable in-water seating facing the transom of the boat. And since the reboarding ladder is located between both seat positions, egress onto the swim platform is a breeze. All 22-foot runabouts come standard with mounts for optional swim-up seats.

Premium Sound System
There's nothing better than hanging out at a favorite cove listening to a great summer playlist. For the best audio experience, the 222XD and 222XE come with a premium Wetsounds® speaker system that includes six deck speakers, two tower speakers, and a subwoofer.

2023 Yamaha 222XE and Top-of-Series 222XD
255XD and 255XE feature Yamaha's integrated SurfPointe wakesurf system to create the most surfable wake in the jet boat industry.

Yamaha Surfpointe includes:

Integrated push-button controlled Yamaha Wakebooster®

1100 lbs. triple ballast system

Wake-specific hull design with a stern that sits lower in the water at wakesurfing speed.

2023 220/222 Series Runabout Specifications:

Length: 22'
Width: 8' 6"
Draft: 19"
Capacity: 12 persons
Fuel capacity:70 gal
Storage:Bow 64.36 gal, Helm 84.08 gal, Head 147.22 gal, Ski Locker 72.88 gal, Port
Storage 42.27 gal, Starboard Storage 22.78, Seat Back Storage 43.2 gal, Cleanout Storage 21.35 gal
Engines:Twin 1.8L Yamaha Marine Engines (222 models). Twin 1L Yamaha Marine Engines (220 models)
Jet Pump: 160 mm
Assembled: Yamaha Jet Boat Manufacturing in Vonore, TN

Last edited:

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Julian I believe one of the 22' FSH is listed wrong in the grid. It should be a 220 rather than a 222.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Do the 222 XE and XD models have surfpoint like the 255x series?

jfuoco85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Will the 22’ models have the same 12 person capacity as the 25’ models?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Will the 22’ models have the same 12 person capacity as the 25’ models?
It appears that it is still 10 on the Yamaha site for all 22'. Unless it changed and they didn't update it.

Put 12 in the AR220 and a couple people will have to get out and push :)

jfuoco85

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
It appears that it is still 10 on the Yamaha site for all 22'. Unless it changed and they didn't update it.

Put 12 in the AR220 and a couple people will have to get out and push :)
Yea I noticed the 10 on the website, but the marketing materiel above lists 12. I’m hoping the website just hasn’t fully updated. With little ones on a boat it’s easy to exceed capacity but have plenty of room and weight capacity left.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

USKBoater

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
212X
Boat Length
The helm and port side compartments are bigger than the 19' boats. They had a porta potti in the port side.
I have a 212X. Bow seat compartments look smaller and cockpit storage looks essentially nonexistent (but hey, a cooler). And the drive system looks to take up most of the helm storage. Don’t get me wrong, it looks like there’s a lot to be excited about but it ain’t the storage.

Dbrockman2

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaRay
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So am looking at that price matrix right? The 275s come with a trailer now?

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank You @Julian and @OperationROL for putting together the information, videos and sharing with us. I've looked forward every year, since joining to your reviews and insight. Always exciting to see whats new and changed..
I like the much needed access to the starboard helm area, unlike mine I have to remove the starboard seat cushion. I have a question with the steering on the new 22s. What kind of steering is used? Is it the same "teleflex cable style" or have they made advances (hyraulic) with that? Or am I looking at the drive system hoses? One of my biggest gripes on my 212x is the steering.
Thanks Again!

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 6.57.11 AM.png

obrien19

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@Julian do either the 222XD or 222XE models have sirfpoont, or is that still limited to the 255XE\XD series?

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Below is the information Yamaha is publishing about their new 22 foot series boats. @OperationROL and I were able to preview these boats ahead of their release and we were both impressed with the changes. We have video reviews of the 222 FSH and XD models.

Here is the pricing and feature grid for 2023 with comparisons to prior years.

View attachment 186286

Yamaha Introduces All-New 22-Foot Runabout Series: Seven New Models in All
Yamaha open bow runabouts speak to boat enthusiasts everywhere. From 19-feet to 27-feet, Yamaha offers superiorly-crafted day boats for socializing, watersports, and adventuring.

For 2023, Yamaha introduces an all-new 22-foot platform that builds upon the success of Yamaha's versatile 21-foot runabouts that it replaces. In all, there are seven new 22-foot runabouts, designed with every inch of every boat carefully considered.

Offering sleek lines, agile handling, superb performance, and advanced technology, the new Yamaha 220 and 222 Series boats are bigger and better, with twin Yamaha marine engines generating up to 360-horsepower.

The new series begins with the value-minded SX220 and AR220, powered by twin 1L TR-1 HO (High Output) engines. Moving up the series are the feature-rich 222S, 222SE, and 222SD, and at the pinnacle of the series are the premium wake edition 222XE and 222XD. All 222 models feature added performance delivered by twin 1.8L HO motors.

The new 22-foot platform continues Yamaha's trend toward contemporary design with its deeper cockpit and greater freeboard, enabling a more spacious interior and larger bow and cockpit areas.

Specifically, the new models are nine inches longer, with gunwales two inches higher at the helm and 4-inches higher at the bow than the previous 21-foot line, creating a significantly roomier, more comfortable riding experience.

The new series comes with an all-new minimalistic helm design that features a right justified

12.3-inch multi-color Connext touchscreen that is the hub for the entertainment functions, DRiVE control, GPS mapping, and relevant boat system data when underway. The result is better driving visibility and more convenient access to the touchscreen when on the move.

On the left side of the helm is an intuitively-placed joystick for accessing Connext when underway. Located at the base of the joystick are buttons that activate Yamaha's Cruise Control and No Wake Mode.

And new for Yamaha boats is a smartphone holder with wireless charging at the helm and a wireless charging pad located portside.

Renowned Yamaha Jet Drive System
Yamaha's renowned internal propulsion system is the gold standard in the boating industry, making Yamaha boats more fun to drive (nimble handling and instant acceleration), easy to maintain (no water pump or fluids needed), and extraordinarily versatile because Yamaha's jet pump impeller is protected inside the hull, eliminating the need for an exposed lower unit or propeller. The result is a shallow draft unmatched in its class, allowing access to shallow waters that other brands cannot enter.

And because the engines and jet drive system are positioned deep inside the hull, egress and ingress to and from the stern swim platform are unobstructed for added peace of mind.

Yamaha's Award-Winning DRiVE technology for Low-Speed Handling and Maneuverability
The 222SD and 222XD models feature the industry-first and only low-speed function called DRiVE. DRiVE allows the operator to maneuver these 22-foot boats precisely around docks, launch ramps, and other tight, congested spaces with confidence and ease.

The DRiVE function is engaged using the Connext touchscreen. With one touch, DRiVE is enabled. It's that simple. Then, using actuating paddle controls on the steering wheel, the operator can toggle between forward or reverse and control speeds in both directions.

And because there's no gearcase to shift with a jet driveline, the action is seamless, and driver input is instant. At no time does the driver need to remove their hands from the steering wheel. The result is a new standard of slow-speed maneuverability that is intuitive, comfortable, and convenient.

Signature Yamaha Stern Lounge and Swim Platform
Yamaha boats are renowned for their signature stern lounge area and swim platform that sits right above the waterline. This is the place to be when hanging out at your favorite cove, made possible by Yamaha's "engineless" design and low walkthrough transom.

And there is more storage there too. The top of the padded stern seatbacks open for additional storage, and there is a place for wet items in the self-draining clean-out ports compartment.

Completing the stern area are stainless steel beverage holders, high-quality padded flooring, remote for the premium sound system, a telescopic reboarding ladder, and award-winning swim-up seating on select models.

Award-winning Swim Up Stern Seating
An innovation first introduced on the luxurious 27-foot 275 Series is swim-up seating. At anchor, two removable seats can be attached to the stern. These seats sit just below the water's surface, providing comfortable in-water seating facing the transom of the boat. And since the reboarding ladder is located between both seat positions, egress onto the swim platform is a breeze. All 22-foot runabouts come standard with mounts for optional swim-up seats.

Premium Sound System
There's nothing better than hanging out at a favorite cove listening to a great summer playlist. For the best audio experience, the 222XD and 222XE come with a premium Wetsounds® speaker system that includes six deck speakers, two tower speakers, and a subwoofer.

2023 Yamaha 222XE and Top-of-Series 222XD
255XD and 255XE feature Yamaha's integrated SurfPointe wakesurf system to create the most surfable wake in the jet boat industry.

Yamaha Surfpointe includes:

Integrated push-button controlled Yamaha Wakebooster®

1100 lbs. triple ballast system

Wake-specific hull design with a stern that sits lower in the water at wakesurfing speed.

2023 220/222 Series Runabout Specifications:

Length: 22'
Width: 8' 6"
Draft: 19"
Capacity: 12 persons
Fuel capacity:70 gal
Storage:Bow 64.36 gal, Helm 84.08 gal, Head 147.22 gal, Ski Locker 72.88 gal, Port
Storage 42.27 gal, Starboard Storage 22.78, Seat Back Storage 43.2 gal, Cleanout Storage 21.35 gal
Engines:Twin 1.8L Yamaha Marine Engines (222 models). Twin 1L Yamaha Marine Engines (220 models)
Jet Pump: 160 mm
Assembled: Yamaha Jet Boat Manufacturing in Vonore, TN
Wait the 222 have a 160 mm pump but don’t include the super charged motors? I think the last part is not correct as some of this is for the 25’ boats, same as the capacity says 12 people.

Last edited:

InmyElement

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank You @Julian and @OperationROL for putting together the information, videos and sharing with us. I've looked forward every year, since joining to your reviews and insight. Always exciting to see whats new and changed..
I like the much needed access to the starboard helm area, unlike mine I have to remove the starboard seat cushion. I have a question with the steering on the new 22s. What kind of steering is used? Is it the same "teleflex cable style" or have they made advances (hyraulic) with that? Or am I looking at the drive system hoses? One of my biggest gripes on my 212x is the steering.
Thanks Again!

View attachment 186298
Oooops..answered my own question...

Screen Shot 2022-08-21 at 7.26.42 AM.png

Judge

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
275SD
Boat Length
So am looking at that price matrix right? The 275s come with a trailer now?

I'm glad he published this for price comparison.

I stumbled across a new '22 275SD that had just come in before Yamaha ended '22 shipments and someone who was going to take it backed out. It has the aluminum Shorlander Trailer and my out the door price (not including tax, title and registration) is $8100 less than the '23 pricing. I'm guessing by the time dealers add freight, prep and other fees I ended up saving $12K over ordering a '23... plus the uncertainty of whether I would actually get it.

It's not been easy... I have to trailer it from NY to FL and since I was out of state the dealer wouldn't finance it. Then I have to get it titled with the lien before I can pick it up.

The dealer I'm working with said they won't finance to out of state people any longer because since COVID they've got burned several times where people never titled their boats in their home states and they got stuck being responsible when people started defaulting on their loans.

I've seen some dealers online now posting they will not sell to out of state people now. I'm betting this dealer will adopt that policy as well so I'm lucky I found one of the last '22 275SD's.

Last edited:

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Wait the 222 have a 160 mm pump but don’t include the super charged motors? I think the last part is not correct as some of this is for the 25’ boats, same as the capacity says 12 people.
What are you saying is incorrect? Happy to fix it if its wrong.