• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2015 AR192 Owners Chime in please!

riderP

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wow! I started out with 48's and they marked up the side of my boat. (which was easily removed) I now have 60's. I really like the 60's. I guess it all depends on how steep your loading ramp is? Anyhow, if you get either you can cut the 60's if they are too long for you or just go to your local hardware shop to replace the PVC piping if the 48's are too short.

beachbum

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Glad to hear the 48" is OK... I installed the 48, but due to ice and cold I haven't played with either trailer or boat.

Can't wait.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Well I finally cut a few holes! I think it turned out ok????? Wish I was brave enough to tackle moving the no wake / Cruise assist to the throttle, but that seemed like more than I wanted to do and more money to spend. So here is what I came away with! :) Now to mount the other remote on the swim platform (just need to decided exactly where)

IMG_2611.jpgIMG_2613.JPGIMG_2614.JPGIMG_2615.JPG

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I also just want to add, that the CONVENIENCE of having it mounted there I am thankful for. There is NO WAY I could have managed to get it in either of the spots near the throttle ( I crawled in as far as I could and looked) Also for the simple fact that for SOME reason I had some syncing issues with the remotes. They were only displaying information and not controlling anything. I ended up pulling the remote from the dash TWICE and messing with it and the cables. Not sure I have the issue corrected, but it worked flawlessly for the last hour or so I was tinkering in the boat and IF not, I think I at least have it narrowed down to one extension cable. So yes, 4 screws and ease of access is worth the location. It looks a tad out of place there, but I think it will be fine and serve it's purpose!

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice work!

Yeah I hear you on not enough space by the throttle location... I had the most miserable sinking feeling because I cut my hole BEFORE trying to get my arm back there. Once I knew I couldn't get back there I was mortified until I had the realization that my six year old son could fit back there. Now, if I could just prevent him from growing up in case I need to get back there again...

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just out of curiosity, how is it cutting a hole into the grey checkered panels? They feel like there's a padding of some sort on them? Is that the case? I was thinking of installing a USB charger right above the ignition key.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Just out of curiosity, how is it cutting a hole into the grey checkered panels? They feel like there's a padding of some sort on them? Is that the case? I was thinking of installing a USB charger right above the ignition key.
@camoto I will see if I have some pics with the panel off, but the reason it feels like that is the panel is rounded on the edges. It's just plastic and there is some "give" to it. There is nothing behind it, just wires and open space :) I found a few I took just in case my wiring diagram didn't cut it when re-installing LOL. Hopefully these give you the idea.

Edit: HA....just realized the last pic is what you need to see. Thats the ignition panel :)

IMG_2609.JPG
IMG_2610.JPGIMG_2612.jpg

camoto

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
very cool! Looks like my install will be a piece of cake! Thanks for the pics and description.

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Drilled another hole today, this time a little harder to fix a goof up and I must say was nerve wrecking lol.

image.jpg

Trey

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
This thread inspired me, so thank you guys for the ideas....

Attachments

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the M503 and I will be smashing it with an axe when it's replacement shows up. Terrible design. So bad that it should've been recalled and the person that engineered it fired.

Bought the M505 and a MF1 wireless remote.

Jetswu87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I have the 502...while I do think the knob is a pain this is what I do.

I typically just sync my phone with pandora, turn the volume on the radio to 30 and close the glove box door. I control the volume with my phone and everything else through the pandora app. Never have to touch the radio again. My Samsung galaxy fits snug in the cup holder by the throttle and I can feel for volume without moving it.

Food for thought.

sx998

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I smashed mine with an axe and threw it away insuring that none would ever have to try and figure out the knob.