• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My first boat

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@soundshark I would not say it is easier to put on. It is a bit lighter so maybe it is a bit easier to deal with because it is a bit lighter.

@ToddW850 i had dealer through it into the deal on the boat purchase.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice @eggwhite93 . We'll be out there tomorrow.

And there's Billy Bowlegs next week, if you're familiar with that. That's a bit too much for me to take my kids around though.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yeah, I have never been on the water for Billy Bowlegs but have been to The Landing in FWB for the party and take my daughter to the parade. I have heard it gets a bit crazy on the water so I think I will keep my family away from there.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Same here. Cool thing is Crab Island will be less crowded during Billy Bowlegs, because so many boats are over at the spot out from the Landing. Last year we cruised by all the craziness just to see, but kept on going to Spectre Island. Anchored up and had an island to ourselves. It was cool.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
This was our first time in the bay and to tell you the truth, We like Lake Jackson up in Florala better. It was pretty choppy on our trip from Eglin to Crab Island (1:30-2:00) and the family was not too happy with that. Once we got the CI it was fine. Plus I really don't see us running the tubes in that kind of water. It was much calmer on the way back.

Is there a place (website) that I can go to, to see what the water conditions are in the bay?

Helipilot11

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I was out on crab island today but didn't see your boat. If I would of known we could of met up. We store our boat in the Eglin dry storage and love it.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This was our first time in the bay and to tell you the truth, We like Lake Jackson up in Florala better. It was pretty choppy on our trip from Eglin to Crab Island (1:30-2:00) and the family was not too happy with that. Once we got the CI it was fine. Plus I really don't see us running the tubes in that kind of water. It was much calmer on the way back.

Is there a place (website) that I can go to, to see what the water conditions are in the bay?
Yeah man I hear you. Only thing I know of is to check wind conditions on Weather Bug or Weather Channel apps. Winds were out of the south today. Waves are tougher head on and easier going their direction. But you were coming down at about the choppiest time too. Pretty typical for this time of year when it warms up. But the mornings and evenings can be like glass out there.

As far as tubing, there are a couple bayous we go to and they're closer to Eglin. They are Poquito Bayou in Shalimar and Rocky Bayou in Niceville. Rocky Bayou is bigger but both are very smooth. I can screen shot a map for you if needed. Just let me know.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@ToddW850 Thanks for the advice. Is it pretty much the same story down near Spector Island?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Unfortunately, no. Spectre Island is in the Sound (Intercostal Waterway). It's a group of about 7 or so islands just southeast of the Hulburt Field runway. However, the water is smooth enough you could tube around the islands. Be careful of other boat wakes and the current. Also, there are some spots on the south side of the islands that are pretty shallow.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I would not tube down there because of the heavy traffic. I was asking about the condition of the water. Sorry I was not more specific. Thanks for all your guidance so far.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would not tube down there because of the heavy traffic. I was asking about the condition of the water. Sorry I was not more specific. Thanks for all your guidance so far.
Ah gotcha. No worries. Quality of water is about the same as the bay. Not Crab Island.

Also, if you get something like the SeaTow app, it will give you tide info. High Tide is the prime for the water clarity at Crab Island. High Tide is the clear gulf water moving in over the Island. Low tide is the darker bay water moving out.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@ToddW850 Thanks for the info!

We went to Lake Jackson today. It is about the same distance from my house to the Eglin launch or to the lake. The family likes the lake better and I like the less clean up that comes with fresh water boating. My 5 year old daughter loves the new Gator.

IMG_1992.JPG

CFD3Captain

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Your cover is the Deluxe Premium I believe, it's a little different than mine which is just Deluxe I think....Anyhow, how do you access the cleats? Do those black covers zip open or what? Thanks and great looking pics! We got on the water for about 6 hours today :)

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@CFD3Captain Yes, the cleats are accessible through those hard(ish) black pocket looking areas with zippers. There is also one for the fuel filler port.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Yes, that's them. I would say, don't buy them before you drive the boat. I have been out severel times now and I am getting more comfortable with the boat. Now I don't think I am going to buy them at all.