• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My first boat

aarons1k

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
And to think I was the only 1 hah , we went boating Saturday and I had to pull up to a dock that fits 2-3 boats and man !!! White knuckled !!! Luckily had a few buddy's to help the landing ... I would come in one way and end up docking 180 degrees to ghe other side .. I came from a seadoo boat but it was smaller and handled a lot different . I went to load it on the trailer for the 3rd time ever and this launch is on a 30 degree angle and right between 3 foot concrete walls so it's out of the current .. Long story short it was a mess I came in not straight and once I got it on trailer it was not center and then 2nd time the back slid off ugghh ! It was embarrassing ! Let's just say I bought some cjs from rocknracing!!!!

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I picked up some trailer guides today. That should help with the loading. After having the boat out a couple times this weekend, I am getting much more confident and now the Thrust Vectors are moving down on my want/need list.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
@ruztew Does JBP have a nice store front? Is it worth the drive from Crestview/Fort Walton?

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
thats a nice looking boat.. we were looking at a simalar boat untill we stumbed onto the one we found... quick question... the keel guards.... why? educate me!!! I need educated!!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If you ever beach your boat bow in, which I do often, your keel will essentially be sand blasted by the wave action. I never noticed any wear on my previous boat with an all white hull, but on my Yamaha it showed up pretty quick.

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
my hull is white... Should I look into getting on this winter? We are just getting started in boating but there is a sandy boat beach that we like to go to so the kids can swim. We normally turn the boat around and back it in.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
If you never beach bow in I would think waiting until off season would be fine. I would prefer to always back in and never actually beach it, but most of the beaches on the Mississippi I go to the current can be very strong limiting my ability to back in.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@eggwhite93 welcome aboard. I love the graphics on the new 2015. Best advice I have for you is to remember the no wake mode. Helps out a lot during slow idle speeds and when attempting to dock your boat

ruztew

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@ruztew Does JBP have a nice store front? Is it worth the drive from Crestview/Fort Walton?
Its not really a store front, but more like a warehouse with a front desk area.... the people there were really helpful.. my experience was a quick one, I called to make sure they had what I needed in stock, and when I got there they had it up front waiting for me. I believe they'll give you a quick walk-around of the back and show you the CNC machine for the SeaDek if you want

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks ruztew! Sounds to me like its not worth the drive.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Welcome aboard @eggwhite93 and sweet ride! Looks like you are just north of me. You'll love that boat and steering is something that you'll get more and more comfortable with the more you use it. Just learn to anticipate your turns at low speed. Thrust Vectors certainly make a difference.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
I added some trailer guides to my trailer today.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Also thanks to the good advice I get by searching around this forum, I picked up a couple new coolers. They are the perfect size to fit under the port side seat. Best of all I picked these up in Amazon for only $15.99 each and free two shipping with prime. I was going to get the blue ones to match the boat but they were $23 each.

IMG_1958.JPG

MOA_Chaser

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice boat, congrats!

It seems like you're in pretty shallow water in the second pic. I just wanted to mention, in case you didn't know already, that you should push your boat out to deeper water before starting your engines and taking off, you don't want to suck mud/sand/rocks into the impellers! Those jet "vacuums" are powerful! There's much less to worry about than a prop, but you'll still want to take care of it.

eggwhite93

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Thanks @MOA_Chaser! Yes it is pretty shallow but I do push the boat to a bit deeper water before starting the engine.

lddv1224

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also thanks to the good advice I get by searching around this forum, I picked up a couple new coolers. They are the perfect size to fit under the port side seat. Best of all I picked these up in Amazon for only $15.99 each and free two shipping with prime. I was going to get the blue ones to match the boat but they were $23 each.

View attachment 22517

Nice find! I'm ordering mine today

soundshark

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Nice! So tell us...is it easier to put on than the shipping cover? Is it any lighter maybe?

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Nice. Where did you end up ordering your cover from? I'm at the stage I'm going to have to replace mine soon.