• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My First Date with Hot Sauce

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I had my first date with Hot Sauce this week. Previously my black 242 boating life had been plagued with spots. No matter rain, garden hose or lake, whenever my boat touched water it always turned spotty. After reading numerous posts from my jet loving motorboating buddies, I held high hopes my spotty days would soon be over. They described a dame named Hot Sauce who was affordable, skilled and most importantly easy. I was warned she smelled a little funny but was assured her skill to handle my problems would put a smile on my face. Without hesitation I hailed Walmart.com for a date with Ms. Hot Sauce.

Before the date, I washed my boat twice to prepare. I hadn’t waxed her since July 2016, but figured Hot sauce wouldn’t complain. Early in the evening I started spraying and rubbing. My actions had minimal effect on the spots. My shine increased but still had spots staring at me from underneath. Feeling unsatisfied I returned for another pass. This time more spray and heavier buffing. Still no dice. In frustration my date with Hot Sauce ended early and I returned to my old flames, buffer and wax. It wasn’t planned, I didn’t want to do it, but the disappointment in Hotties performance made it all too easy to go back to wax. Before I knew it, I was buffing the night away for 2 hours of sweaty waxing activity. End result: spots were gone.

A few days later the UPS man brought Hot Sauces’ sisters to my door. There stood Vinyl Sauce and Condition on my front porch. We immediately headed out to the boat for a double date. Unlike the date with Hot, we hit it off right away. I was so taken with Vinyl’s clean appearance while Condition smelled so good. The smell reminded me of Mandalay Bay Hotel in Vegas. The evening soon ended as my seats were clean and shined like new. As I walked away I realized my hand still smelled like Conditions’ coconut goodness. May wait to wash that one and enjoy her sweet smell a little longer.

I’ll give Hot Sauce one more shot. Maybe after the manscaping wax job she’ll work as advertised. I plan to use Vinyl and Condition Sauce regularly. Hopefully after consistent use, my boat will permanently smell like that little coconut dream.

Does Hot Sauce work for you in all conditions, or is it dependent on a recent wax job?

Photos below are after 2 stage wax. IMG_6013.JPG IMG_6017.JPG IMG_6018.JPG

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
I had my first date with Hot Sauce this week. Previously my black 242 boating life had been plagued with spots. No matter rain, garden hose or lake, whenever my boat touched water it always turned spotty. After reading numerous posts from my jet loving motorboating buddies, I held high hopes my spotty days would soon be over. They described a dame named Hot Sauce who was affordable, skilled and most importantly easy. I was warned she smelled a little funny but was assured her skill to handle my problems would put a smile on my face. Without hesitation I hailed Walmart.com for a date with Ms. Hot Sauce.

Before the date, I washed my boat twice to prepare. I hadn’t waxed her since July 2016, but figured Hot sauce wouldn’t complain. Early in the evening I started spraying and rubbing. My actions had minimal effect on the spots. My shine increased but still had spots staring at me from underneath. Feeling unsatisfied I returned for another pass. This time more spray and heavier buffing. Still no dice. In frustration my date with Hot Sauce ended early and I returned to my old flames, buffer and wax. It wasn’t planned, I didn’t want to do it, but the disappointment in Hotties performance made it all too easy to go back to wax. Before I knew it, I was buffing the night away for 2 hours of sweaty waxing activity. End result: spots were gone.

A few days later the UPS man brought Hot Sauces’ sisters to my door. There stood Vinyl Sauce and Condition on my front porch. We immediately headed out to the boat for a double date. Unlike the date with Hot, we hit it off right away. I was so taken with Vinyl’s clean appearance while Condition smelled so good. The smell reminded me of Mandalay Bay Hotel in Vegas. The evening soon ended as my seats were clean and shined like new. As I walked away I realized my hand still smelled like Conditions’ coconut goodness. May wait to wash that one and enjoy her sweet smell a little longer.

I’ll give Hot Sauce one more shot. Maybe after the manscaping wax job she’ll work as advertised. I plan to use Vinyl and Condition Sauce regularly. Hopefully after consistent use, my boat will permanently smell like that little coconut dream.

Does Hot Sauce work for you in all conditions, or is it dependent on a recent wax job?

Photos below are after 2 stage wax. View attachment 55619 View attachment 55620 View attachment 55621
I love the commentary!
I use the hot sauce as a cleanup type of deal between washes. I don't spend days cleaning my boat and waxing it either. It has enough dings that i just wanna spend time using and abusing it!

Scuba_ref

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That has to be one of the most entertaining readings on the forum. Well written!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe the trick to Hot Sauce is for the boat to be wet. It is the first thing we do after we pull the boat out of the water. If I do it in the driveway, I hose the boat down good and apply the Hot Sauce sparingly, then wipe dry with a microfiber. Works every time and eliminates the water spots on the black hull.

Markk

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I believe the trick to Hot Sauce is for the boat to be wet. It is the first thing we do after we pull the boat out of the water. If I do it in the driveway, I hose the boat down good and apply the Hot Sauce sparingly, then wipe dry with a microfiber. Works every time and eliminates the water spots on the black hull.
I'll give her a shot wet. She was completely dry in my first round.

Joe Hellaby

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Great story! Last night I also had a boat bling party. Spent the whole night, until dark, cleaning the interior. Used hot sauce on any exposed fiberglass, I even did the entire floor and under the seats with the stuff (I know I have issues). Then used vinyl sauce on all the vinyl. Only thing I have left to do I cover everything with conditioning sauce

Even though cleaning is never fun, it was the first time since last summer I got to spend a couple few hours in the boat. Even just sitting in the driveway, it's still great being in the boat

I've had great success with hot sauce on my exterior as well, I always keep two spray bottles in my truck when we take the boat, so when we pull it out of the water, two of us can hot sauce the outside in a few minutes.

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I carry a spray bottle of water too. When we pull the boat, my wife will go along and spray down with water and I'll follow with the Hot Sauce. Usually only give it 4-5 sprays on each side. A bottle will last me over a season.

You're right about the Condition Sauce, but I'm also one of the weirdos that likes the smell of the Hot Sauce. Lol.

jameskeller76

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It works well for me.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I think that might have been the problem, :DROFL.
Thank you, what a great write-up.

@Markk, man, you should consider changing you screen name to Fifty Shades of Boat Bling.

--

bronze_10

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I think hot sauce is a hard water preventer isnt it? We use it when we pull the boat outta the water.

patrickgrizz

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I just go in dry, sometimes days after I last took her out, and she always cleans right up.

msavold

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Two thoughts:
1) you guys have a weird sense of hunor. I like that.
2) I wonder if the hull temperature (black hull/sunshine?) makes a difference?

Matt Phillips

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think you need more practice!

My boat is available for practice...

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well said

kstrd23

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
It's always better wet!

Great date story...too funny

I also spray it on wet. It work great as an in between waxing.

PEARCE

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
For the baked on hard water spots I've had great success with Ducky's. Spray it on and let it sit for about a minute and let it do it's magic and wipe it off with a microfiber towel.

Mighty Peace

Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Enjoyed the write up!!

I too have just recently bought the Hot Sauce / Vinyl Sauce and Conditioning Sauce. I wanted to shine up the "New to us" boat we recently bought about a month ago. Looked funny pulling the boat home thru a spring snow storm.

A few weeks ago I spent an afternoon with my 2 boys and we cleaned up the inside. I have Yamaha Side x Side and ATV and sleds and I use the Yamaha Yamaclean Instant Detailer to detail/shine up the units. It did not too bad of job but I only did the front bow seats of the boat with it. I used the Yamaha product on the inside fiberglass and dash of the boat to detail it up and looks good. My buddy is the local Yamaha dealer (but not boats) and some of the Yamaha Yamalube products for boats is only available in the USA-not in Canada.

Last week I bought some Hot Sauce/Vinyl Sauce and Conditioning Sauce to try.

I used the Vinyl Sauce on the captain chairs and back seats. Worked great from looking not so white seats initially, so I did the front seats again with the VS. Then I used the Conditioning Sauce (smells great). I have a stubborn in the back seat area that looks stained - kind of mildew- like stain that will not come out of the white vinyl. I tried a few other products but its still there...I was told to try Mr.Clean MAgic Eraser.

I just need to find a wax/polish so I can make the Mango Orange colour "POP" out on the hull....Looks a bit dull (-probably never been up-kept by previous owner). What do you guys recommend ? I may just hire a professional detailer to do the hull but I do not mind taking pride and doing it myself using arm/shoulder power.

I

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Ms. Hot Sauce is just a one night stand. She will work wonders to itch those spots that show up during the day.

But she is not the type of girl you marry. She will not hang around to work out all of your problems. Try waiting for that and she will be long gone--like she evaporated. No, for that you need to break down and actually hitch up with serious cleaners and wax.

Then, once that work is done, you will find that your one night stand queen will keep you humming like a top. And then you will wonder why you ever got married...

WickedPorter

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Black hull here... hot sauce is my best friend. A good normal cleaning (typically doesn't remove the water spots at all) then mist the hot sauce on the hull while still wet, NOT in any direct sun. Let sit for a minute or so and wipe off with a 100% american made cotton towel or microfiber towel. Works great every time and leaves a nice slick protective shine for next outing. It's a process... but a very simple one to follow.

I use the quickie sauce twice a season, maintain with hot sauce every other outing with a good hull cleaning and my four year old AR240 still looks stunning. Love the sauce!