• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

my new ao 24 pack cooler

No, its got like a rubber liner that I pull inside out to dry at the end of the day. I suppose it would leak out of the zipper if it was upside down

I'm from the Show Me State and I'm a little leary of any bag cooler that doesn't leak. However I did go to the website AO coolers. I noticed they said leakproof and guaranteed ice for 24 hours in 120 degree weather. once I see @jaybro72 cooler and action on a Saturday more than likely I will be sold

They periodically put them on sale, usually like Memorial Day, Father's Day etc. I'm on the mailing list but I haven't seen them post a discount lately.

They also have a sale on Cyber Monday for those that can wait.

Just received my first ao shipment. Went with a 24 and a stow n go. Just got so sick of the hard coolers taking up so much space. That plus the reviews on this site were all I needed.

@mattschepker ... surprised you didn't ever see the 1000's of praises of these coolers on the "other" website. AO Coolers are by far the best soft side I have ever seen, and like you, I have had 3 or 4 that either didn't last, leaked, sweated, or self destructed. You won't have any of those issues with an AO Cooler, and they are guaranteed against most of that anyway. Go to their website and read up, you won't be sorry getting one of these fine coolers.
http://www.aocoolers.com
I felt compelled to post a pic of my AO Coolers!AO Cooler 1 (Medium).JPGAO Cooler 2 (Medium).JPG
Mine is the carbon material and I love it.

@mattschepker ... surprised you didn't ever see the 1000's of praises of these coolers on the "other" website. AO Coolers are by far the best soft side I have ever seen, and like you, I have had 3 or 4 that either didn't last, leaked, sweated, or self destructed. You won't have any of those issues with an AO Cooler, and they are guaranteed against most of that anyway. Go to their website and read up, you won't be sorry getting one of these fine coolers.
http://www.aocoolers.com
I felt compelled to post a pic of my AO Coolers!View attachment 4237View attachment 4238
Mine is the carbon material and I love it.

do you like the material sided or the vinyl side better. I want another one and might go for a vinyl for the ease of cleaning off sand and dirt,

@txav8r , I don't remember seeing any of the post on the other forum. they have probably been deleted. I am like @Dough tired of the hard sided coolers taking up so much space. I have a cooler in the deck storage of my boat that one of these coolers would fit awesome into. @jaybro72 let's see what Becky thinks of your cooler and maybe we can look at buying a family pack and split amongst us.

Last edited:
Sounds like an AO cooler group buy coming up. :winkingthumbsup"

The only leak I have ever had is out of the zipper corner if you have the ends unclipped - it is good for draining just the water and not the contents. If I don't want it to drain, I just clip the end down. love the AOs!

hmmm I'd be interested in a group buy..if I can wait that long.. @Gym you want to set it up?

@jaybro72 , the material I have is their carbon series, not the vinyl, although I guess this is a type of vinyl. It is said to be the best material available but that may be hype. I do like it best however over the fabric, not that the fabric is bad. The vinyl didn't look as sturdy as the carbon to me. Here is the link to their carbon series...
http://www.aocoolers.com/index.cfm?category=8
@mattschepker , there were tons of posts on the other forum about these coolers. That is where I first learned of them probably 5 years ago now. I don't know if they are still on that forum but there was plenty of discussion on there about them. If you turn them upside down, they can leak out of the zipper ends like Jaws said, but that is how you drain off excess water too. If you order one, you will see how they are constructed and also like @jawsf16 said, they have clips that hold folds on the end so they don't leak there. Anyway, best constructed soft sided coolers I have ever seen.

The only leak I have ever had is out of the zipper corner if you have the ends unclipped - it is good for draining just the water and not the contents. If I don't want it to drain, I just clip the end down. love the AOs!
I do exactly the same thing! :D

I notice a lot of you are buying the "boat cooler" which has a fabric outer material. I would suggest you consider the "fishing cooler" or the "offroad cooler" or the "carbon series". These have a vinyl exterior which is less likely to collect sand and dirt and also easier to wipe off when it gets dirty. Otherwise, they are all the same great cooler.

We combine the benefits of our soft-sided coolers with an outer material that won’t stain. We use a vinyl exterior that won’t get stained by blood, or the elements and it’s so strong it’s practically bulletproof. The new outer material is 1000 denier vinyl and UV protective so the color won't fade in the hot sun. Not only is it stronger than any other soft-sided cooler, being tear resistant up to 375 pounds, but is also waterproof and anti-mildew.

Love AO Coolers... I have 5 of them I think...

But they do eventually leak. Especially if you put bottles in them....

3 of mine have been sent back for repairs. I think you have to give them like $10 and they will replace the liner....

They definitely keep ice longer than any other soft sided cooler I've used, but don't be fooled into thinking they can compete with a good hard sided cooler for holding ice all weekend while camping.

Was going to pick up one a few nights ago but did not have my credit card. Going to order one today !!

I have both the 24 and 36, using my 24 this week I noticed the inside has many folds that trap water and start to mold after a while. How do you guys deal with this ?

Back