• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

my new ao 24 pack cooler

Where are you guys getting these with the names stitched on them?

You can get the monogrammed when you order them.

You can get the monogrammed when you order them.

the only problem I see is the only allowed 12 letters. We broke in @jaybro72 cooler today. my wife and I were thoroughly impressed with the construction of the AO cooler. I'm not sure what sizes were going to buy but we will be purchasing some coolers

Just a note too...you have to purchase through AO Coolers to get their monogramming. I want to say that the "Yamaha Cooler" is an AO Cooler. It wasn't when I bought my boat, and the Yamaha leaked badly. I trashed it and bought my AO Cooler. I then bought another AO Cooler and was talking with them about uses, and he mentioned it was now the Accessory Cooler for Yamaha. That was several years ago, so don't know if it still is. But you might check with them if you want one that says Yamaha and has the side opening I think.

Just a note too...you have to purchase through AO Coolers to get their monogramming. I want to say that the "Yamaha Cooler" is an AO Cooler. It wasn't when I bought my boat, and the Yamaha leaked badly. I trashed it and bought my AO Cooler. I then bought another AO Cooler and was talking with them about uses, and he mentioned it was now the Accessory Cooler for Yamaha. That was several years ago, so don't know if it still is. But you might check with them if you want one that says Yamaha and has the side opening I think.
I have a 36 can version of this from Yamaha sports plaza . It was a little cheaper than the same cooler 36 can. I still owe a pic of it

I bought a 48 can last year as my first AO Cooler, honestly it's too big. You fill it with drinks and ice to capacity and it is too damn heavy to carry and maneuver comfortably, it's literally like 50+ pounds. I'm going to buy a 36 this year and see how we do with it. It is a fabulous cooler though. If it's only in your car/boat, the fabric side is fine, if you are going to be setting it on the beach, better get one of the vinyl versions.

I might just have to pick one up as long as it doesn't leak like the other bag coolers I have

Thats one of the big selling points--It's soft sided and will not leak.

I bought a 48 can last year as my first AO Cooler, honestly it's too big. You fill it with drinks and ice to capacity and it is too damn heavy to carry and maneuver comfortably, it's literally like 50+ pounds.
You make that one the "storage" cooler on your boat and use the 24 or 36 as the one people get stuff out of throughout the day. I keep my bigger one under the seat and just move stuff out of it as needed.

I still used my under bow seat cooler in the 230 even though I might have several AO coolers going too. I would put stuff for meals in that one where we wouldn't be getting in it all day. I put a wine cork in it to hold water so it would stay cold longer. If I had a 240, I think Bob is on to something with one storage cooler and several coolers that would be your drink coolers. Matter of fact, no need to go for ice if you have a 48 under the seat with bags of ice in it! That is "if" you can get a 48 under that seat without damaging it.

Matter of fact, no need to go for ice if you have a 48 under the seat with bags of ice in it!
I was thinking the same thing. The 48 is good for loading up with bags of ice still in the bag. Keep it closed up and in the shade while you use the 36 or 24 for drinks all day. Later in the day if the smaller coolers need more ice (Because you've been in and out of them all day) you grab a fresh bag out of the 48.

I was thinking the same thing. The 48 is good for loading up with bags of ice still in the bag. Keep it closed up and in the shade while you use the 36 or 24 for drinks all day. Later in the day if the smaller coolers need more ice (Because you've been in and out of them all day) you grab a fresh bag out of the 48.
Yeah, and how many times do you walk over to get a fresh one, and find the damn cooler wide open! No cooler holds ice long when it is left open.:bawling: And I never do that:angelic: So spare ice on a long day with lots of folks on your boat is a good thing!:winkingthumbsup"

I ordered the 36 last night. Cheers! :winkingthumbsup"

I'm thinking of turning my storage locker into a walk-in refrigerator/freezer....LOL

My 36 under one of my rear bench seats on my 230
I'm thinking of turning my storage locker into a walk-in refrigerator/freezer....LOL
Be sure to post pics and put it in the members tips section. Lol!

Yeah, and how many times do you walk over to get a fresh one, and find the damn cooler wide open! No cooler holds ice long when it is left open.:bawling: And I never do that:angelic: So spare ice on a long day with lots of folks on your boat is a good thing!:winkingthumbsup"
Yes exactly!

I usually surprise a few people when I can pull out a full new bag of ice from one cooler when the ice in the other cooler is melted. Its all about keeping the cooler CLOSED :mad:

Like I said in the "other" forum...someone needs to convert there storage compartment so a keg can be placed inside. Have the tap sticking out the top !!!! Definitely a possible mod.

Its rare I dont have a full crew of teens on board and they are constantly getting drinks out of the smaller units. Keeping my large on under the seat where the stock cooler goes really keeps it neat and the ice out of the sun. When we were out for a week of fishing that set up worked great since I always had a couple icy cold waters in there from the previous day. I use one of those cloth grocery bags to snarf ice from the hotel ice machine and dump that in the cooler.

We bought a 24 and 36 for our 242... The Yamaha Igloo that came with the boat did a bad job keeping things cold., so we removed it (gave to next owner)
We would keeps the 36 in the boat and re-stock from the 24 on extended trips...
They all keep ice pretty good for 24hour regardless of heat...

Our new boat came with a Marine Igloo that was nicely built in, next to a built in trash can...
It does an excellent job keeping things icy cold, so we left it in..
We now use the 24 and 36 in our RV ... They are still awesome....

The 48 is a bit too much to move around....maybe a good Ice holder for those remote trips

Father's Day special. 10% off for any of you that don't get their emails.

Code: father14

Ends 6/15/14

Back