• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

my new ao 24 pack cooler

I accidentally had bottles in mine for a couple of days, and the bottle caps rust pretty fast leaving marks, so make sure to get them out of there when the day is done. Those bottle caps may also tear the liner so be careful not to sling it around too much if you like the bottles. I bought my 36 can aocooler from yamahasportsplaza it had the vinyl outside with Yamaha embroidered on the side. I'll snap a pic and post later.
And here it is. It is actually for sale now. I bought this thing for $20 cheaper than you can get it on the aocooler website from yamaha sports plaza. It's the heavy duty version.
yamaha_aocooler.jpg

I have 2 of the ao coolers and both of them have blown out the lo era at one point or another. The repair is easy using vinyl repair tape, and I will never go back to a hard side cooler on the boat again.

I was looking around nd and someone had posted a bogo offer for 24 can Norchill coolers so i ordered them as backups. Got them in Friday and I'm really satisfied.

The liner seems to be a gore tex type of material and is more flexible than th AO liner. There are a few other differences and both brands will get use, on my boat.

Here is the best part: I have a coupon for 10% off any purchase to share and with the bogo, you can get 2 24pk coolers for $55 shipped.

http://norchillcoolers.refr.cc/2RNLQQX

Just bringing back an old thread. Remember before the Yeti and RTIC softsiders, we all had AO Coolers and they were the cooler to have?

Then we all had the liners crack, tear and leak and we all moved to more expensive cooler. Well, I was shopping for a Yeti or RTIC to replace our AO's and realized, TOO DAMN MUCH MONEY. Especially when we have a hardside RTIC we use for bottles and cans, and the AO's we wanted to use for food. We were just tired of the cracked liners leaking.

So I took them up on their $12 liner replacement. I shipped them off a few weeks ago, and got them back yesterday. They came with a super soft rubbery feeling liner now. The issue with the old liner, was it was so tough, that over time it cracked at the folds even if it was not cut with a bottle top or crushed can.

So lesson learned, no bottle caps, or crushed cans. Only food etc in these coolers. For the price of $12 each, and the roughly $12 each to ship them off, we have two new 24-can soft siders that should give us plenty of performance for day trips. I can't wait to fill them up again this weekend. I did miss the no-noise, and ease of tossing them in storage.

Good luck everyone!

Yeah I gave up on the 2 Aos that I have due to leakage and them ending up weighing a ton cause of the water. Not sure I will try to ship them back unless I can find a proper box

Yeah I gave up on the 2 Aos that I have due to leakage and them ending up weighing a ton cause of the water. Not sure I will try to ship them back unless I can find a proper box

I hear what you are saying, I did exactly the same thing. I waited for the right amazon purchase to provide me with the size box I needed (smile) Then made sure the coolers were dry. tossed the $12 check in each and shipped them off. So $48 later (counting shipping) I have two nice "newish" coolers. That's considerably less than the $150 RTIC 30 Softsider I was going to buy.

I will be sure to report back on how they hold up. As they should not leak, again.

I actually just filed a warranty claim on my polar bear 48, curious to see if they cover it or not. 3.5 years old, I guess I got my monies worth out of it regardless. If not and they offer the same liner replacement deal, I'd definitely do it. 4 Bahamas trips with it, I can't just give up on it! It's outlasted, 7? boats now!

Well after scoffing at them for years due to price I got a smaller Yeti hard cooler. I have to say it has seriously impressed us with how long it kept stuff cold. Much longer than the Aos and it sits on the front deck in and out of the sun. Its really no comparison and trust me I was the first to say Im not paying for one of those over priced #%@%*&^

I bought my first AO cooler last summer and was on the fence about it. But then this summer we chartered a 58' catamaran in BVI with 4 other couples and we brought down 50 lbs of frozen protein plus blocks of cheese etc in the cooler and checked it like a regular bag. When we finally arrived at the boat, everything was still frozen solid and the cheese that I kept on top was perfectly chilled. I am now a believer!

I actually just filed a warranty claim on my polar bear 48, curious to see if they cover it or not. 3.5 years old, I guess I got my monies worth out of it regardless. If not and they offer the same liner replacement deal, I'd definitely do it. 4 Bahamas trips with it, I can't just give up on it! It's outlasted, 7? boats now!

Well, easy enough. Emailed, they replied. I replied with pictures of cooler and proof of purchase, and they sent me a new cooler - just cover shipping ($45!). Eh, whatever, cheaper than buying a new one myself.

Back