• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

my new ao 24 pack cooler

Love AO Coolers... I have 5 of them I think...

But they do eventually leak. Especially if you put bottles in them....

3 of mine have been sent back for repairs. I think you have to give them like $10 and they will replace the liner....

They definitely keep ice longer than any other soft sided cooler I've used, but don't be fooled into thinking they can compete with a good hard sided cooler for holding ice all weekend while camping.
Those are very good points Jim. The creases in the liner will eventually over time start to crack...and if that happens, I believe that IS covered under their warranty. However, any tears or cuts that aren't in those areas are likely to be denied and that is where the $10-20 new liner repair is a great. And agreed, a soft side cooler is certainly not like a 64qt igloo at keeping ice long term, like a week! But it is the most boat friendly cooler on the market! If you intend to boat camp for a long weekend or more, you are certainly going to need goods and supplies greater than you can stick in your AO Coolers and probably want to use a hard side for that anyway for your campsite. But it is a good point to make that you shouldn't be expecting a cooler that can compete with a hard side cooler, they are just not the same animal. I think what is important for guys to know, especially the ones that have tried soft side coolers before, is that the AO Cooler isn't that animal either...they are far superior to other soft sides...but that doesn't make them competitive with the hard sides on how long they will keep ice.

Here is there Warranty Information:

http://www.aocoolers.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=page.display&page_id=73

Our Guarantee Covers:

• The Liner & Zipper: If the cooler leaks because of manufacture defect, or normal use we will repair the liner.
    • Please note that coolers damaged by animals, dry ice, glass, or other uses that are not considered normal wear and tear are not covered by our warranty. We will fix, but for a $25 fee. Please see "How to get your cooler repaired" below and follow those instructions.
  • The Upper Zipper: This is the zipper to the main cooler, not the side pocket zippers. We will repair the main upper zipper
Mine was over a year old. Probably more like 3 before they started to leak...

Cooler Repaired:

If you are returning your cooler you must include $12 (per cooler) if the cooler is over a year old. We use the honor-system, so we’ll take your word for it either way. So, if you bought your cooler less than a year ago, do not send $12.00 dollars (but please tell us that the cooler is less than a year old). But, if your cooler is more than a year old, attach $12.00 to cover shipping. Remember, it's $12.00 per cooler you send back. Please note that repairs will take about 4-5 weeks.
  • Make sure the inside of your cooler is dry
  • Place $12.00 cash or a check made out to American Outdoors inside the cooler
  • Put your return address, phone number, and name inside the cooler
  • Send the cooler to:
AO Coolers
ATTN: Repairs
591 North Smith Ave
Suite A
Corona
, CA 92880

But in all fairness, @Detonate , you use the hell outta those coolers :p I've seen you lug around that big cooler full of beer and ice more times than I can count. I've seen it tossed around the boat, tossed around the campsite, tossed around the tailgate, etc. I'd say that's a pretty good track record :)

Denied! That's JOSH's cooler sitting on my boat. I know I got several scratches and dings in the gelcoat from hauling that with me :eek:

You know I ALWAYS carry AO Coolers. These two silver ones are mine! :winkingthumbsup"
288605_2258397980281_526965_o.jpg

And check out my custom cooler-cooler on your boat, casting a shadow on the coolers on my boat :cool:

Last edited:
I pull the liner up out of the cooler and let it dry. The liner is only attached around the top, just pull the bottom of it up and kind of turn it inside out.

Drying them out has not been a problem for me. Usually I just let them sit empty and open overnight and they are dry in the morning. If I'm in a hurry to dry them out, then I do the same thing @Cory does. When dry I store the little inside the medium inside the large - but only AFTER then have dried out separately.

I accidentally had bottles in mine for a couple of days, and the bottle caps rust pretty fast leaving marks, so make sure to get them out of there when the day is done. Those bottle caps may also tear the liner so be careful not to sling it around too much if you like the bottles. I bought my 36 can aocooler from yamahasportsplaza it had the vinyl outside with Yamaha embroidered on the side. I'll snap a pic and post later.

I use beer bottles, so I am pretty careful in the way I load the cooler and sort through it...the caps can tear the liner I am told. I used to pull the liner inside out, but the liner is heavy duty and I feared it would cause issues with wear and tear. It is nice they will replace if it isn't damaged, but I don't want to go to the trouble. So I now just turn it upside down when I get back home and let it drain in the laundry sink overnight, then I wipe it out with a paper towel. If you leave water stagnate anywhere, it may cause some staleness not to mention the possibility of mold or mildew, although the liner isn't likely to do that easily. Anyway, that is how I deal with it @Evil Sports

I've got a 36 that I got a year ago. I used it all last season without any problems. I dry it out the same way @maboat does over night. I shake it upside down really good outside to get a good bit of water out after I've emptied it. I leave it open and I store it in a closet in the house.

I've got a 36 that I got a year ago. I used it all last season without any problems. I dry it out the same way @maboat does over night. I shake it upside down really good outside to get a good bit of water out after I've emptied it. I leave it open and I store it in a closet in the house.

Same exact procedure here.

it's always a good sign when I told my wife about the coolers the other day and today while she was at work she look them up on the Internet.

Which size AO coolers do you guys think work best behind the helm seat on a 242?

I strongly suggest getting one of the "family packs" which is a set of three different sizes. One is never enough :rolleyes:

I need to get something like this. Last year I kept hauling my YETI in and out of the boat and that sucker is HEAVY!!!

I need to get something like this. Last year I kept hauling my YETI in and out of the boat and that sucker is HEAVY!!!
If your staying for a week on a deserted island, that yeti is great! If your in and out of it constantly on a boat, not so good.

Which size AO coolers do you guys think work best behind the helm seat on a 242?
Directly behind the helm seat? Or in the storage under the starboard cushion? Behind the seat, only a 12 can will fit easily...under the cushion, you can use a 24 and a 36 may even fit, but the 48 may have issues in and out of there without rubbing the glass edges and risking tearing it. It is heavy duty, but a fiberglass splinter could be a bummer.

The 24 fits just fine and the 36 fits a little snug under the seat but not the 48. I agree with @maboat that the family pack is the way to go. I have only had mine for 2 months and I have used all 3 multiple times. I got the Carbon Series and they have exceeded my expectations.

Back