• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My new boat is in! Moomba Max

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash Side note, what pressure washer is that and are you happy with it? I'm looking for a decent electric unit.
That’s my fathers electric pressure washer. I have a gas powered Ryboi (Honda 160 engine). His was ok and safe enough to use around the gatorstep so long as you keep the nozzle safe enough distance. I think his was rated for 2,000 psi but it felt more like 1,800 psi or maybe I’m just used to my gas pressure washer lol. I previously had an electric pressure washer and it was actually pretty good but the problem with all electric pressure washers is parts availability. They become obsolete every 2-3 years by a new model so getting stuff replaced in the long run is frustrating at best. With a gas version it uses the same motor Honda has been producing for years that is used on lawn mowers, generators, etc making parts easy to get. I’ve had great success with Honda engine’s in my lawn mower, 4 stroke weed eater and now my pressure washer which uses same engine as my lawn mower. The performance of gas just can’t be beat especially if you want to use foam cannons and stuff like that for washing.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Thanks to Jin I got some sweet aerial pics of the lake and boat! I really need to get a drone someday. They are badass but I’m not quite ready to splurge for them until the prices come down a little more.

03244A4E-F09C-471C-8714-9BB2A5B308EA.jpeg

42AF890C-C195-464B-80AD-04D2D479C5E9.jpeg

39B75E14-8343-4894-93FE-9C16E77EE17A.jpeg

Can you spot the Yamaha boats in this pic? I can!

884C88C9-6C34-4C1D-B77F-17A5EBB3ABCB.jpeg

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not that I need a new boat...but, what's the standing room height under the tower? And how easy does the tower fold?

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Not that I need a new boat...but, what's the standing room height under the tower? And how easy does the tower fold?
Not sure on standing tower height is in the A3 but it’s taller than the A2 tower. I can’t measure for you next time I’m with the boat. If I had to guess maybe over 6 1/2’ headroom or more.

As for folding it’s super easy and a one man job since it is counterweighted. No bolts or screws to loosen. Just rotate the locking clamps and pull the tower down.

rrmidden

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure on standing tower height is in the A3 but it’s taller than the A2 tower. I can’t measure for you next time I’m with the boat. If I had to guess maybe over 6 1/2’ headroom or more.

As for folding it’s super easy and a one man job since it is counterweighted. No bolts or screws to loosen. Just rotate the locking clamps and pull the tower down.
Thanks, I'm 6'-6" so headroom is pretty important. I have enough headroom with my 2015 212X with the old back-swept tower, but we've got two low bridges on our chain of lakes, so the old style tower is a pain to fold. The new Yamaha Towers are easier to fold, but less headroom. Honestly, assuming we stay on this chain of lakes, our next boat will likely have a powered tower.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Ran across some extra footage from last Saturday and forgot about these two guys riding duo on a PWC playing in the wakes like a dolphin lol. They looked like a gorilla humping a football though :D

jet ski jump3.jpgjetski jump.jpgjetski jump2.jpgsmooth.jpg
splash.jpg

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Here's some uncut raw footage testing the surf system.No music so you can hear what the boat sounds like.

I really like how the Moomba's have the stick on the right of the steering wheel for for quick and convenient speed bumps.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I think I have been drooling too much over your posts. I ended up on the moomba website build feature. It is getting hard to resist. Which engine did you go with again? Which prop? Do you happen to know what top speed is with the big engine and a prop that leans a bit more towards speed? What is best cruise? I may be dreaming a bit as I would likely be divorced if I brought home a new boat right now but perhaps I can start working on her now and have a new boat a couple years down the road.
Find the benefits of upgrading that will really make a difference to her and just keep dropping those in casual conversation. Took me two years, but my wife finally said to me that, "Well it would be really nice to not have to tell people they can't come because we can only take 4 out comfortably." 3 months later and we bought a new boat.

Attachments

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Find the benefits of upgrading that will really make a difference to her and just keep dropping those in casual conversation. Took me two years, but my wife finally said to me that, "Well it would be really nice to not have to tell people they can't come because we can only take 4 out comfortably." 3 months later and we bought a new boat.
I just officially convinced her to keep her 2015 suv instead of trading it on a new 90k suv. It is certainly going to take time and I am going to have to make it her idea then reluctantly give in. Worked with my current one for the exact same reason as you moving from pre 2000 18ft two smoke to 24ft 4 stroke was a giant difference. I will need different reasons/hints this time.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Reason 1- Engine noise. My Moomba is drastically quieter.
Yup!!!! It’s amazing how quiet it is inside the cockpit. @blacksapphirez and his wife even brought that up while we were riding around. They previously had an SX190 and SX240. Of course when you want to hammer down she comes to life and sounds freaking badass growl but when you want her quiet for cruising it’s nice to be able to listen to music clearly and have a conversation with anyone sitting in the boat no matter if they’re in the bow or the back. I have some more raw footage I wanted to post showing how quiet it can be but the stupid GoPro mic picks up all sort of movement from my hands on the camera pole and sort of ruins the videos with all the bump and thud sounds.

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I really like how the Moomba's have the stick on the right of the steering wheel for for quick and convenient speed bumps.
It is nice and convenient sort of like being in your car with cruise control and turn signals lol. The other stick on the left side is for quickly adjusting the wake plate.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yup!!!! It’s amazing how quiet it is inside the cockpit. Of course when you want to hammer down she comes to life and sounds freaking badass growl but when you want her quiet for cruising it’s nice to be able to listen to music clearly and have a conversation with anyone sitting in the boat no matter if they’re in the bow or the back. I have some more raw footage I wanted to post showing how quiet it can be but the stupid GoPro mic picks up all sort of movement from my hands on the camera pole and sort of ruins the videos with all the bump and thud sounds.
The engine growl is a good one. She loves the sound of big blocks with performance exhausts as much as I do. Quiet in the cabin does not matter so much with how loud we play the music. The engine noise is not great but we have learned to live with it and really do love our boat. To be perfectly honest with the amount of customization I have done the only thing things that are attractive about a vdrive for me is the larger wake, pretty colors, and engine tones. I may end up talking myself out of it in the process.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is something to be said about having a true surf system. No fumbling with attachments or bags hanging around the boat. Flip a switch to fill, select the side you want to surf and off you go. Want to switch sides during the surf session it’s no problem and the speed mine changes sides is pretty quick compared to say Surf Gate. The wave customization is pretty crazy and hard to capture the details the wave shape changes on video. For me that was a big selling factor and of course much more storage and seating space. The V8 growl is nice though and so far the fuel usage is much less than my Yamaha was!

It’s all in what you want. There’s nothing wrong with keeping your boat that you have spent time and money customizing to your liking if that is the boat that tickles you on the inside the most.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The engine growl is a good one. She loves the sound of big blocks with performance exhausts as much as I do. Quiet in the cabin does not matter so much with how loud we play the music. The engine noise is not great but we have learned to live with it and really do love our boat. To be perfectly honest with the amount of customization I have done the only thing things that are attractive about a vdrive for me is the larger wake, pretty colors, and engine tones. I may end up talking myself out of it in the process.
Lolol, oh man, I can’t tell you how many times I have had that conversation- with myself! in my own head.
Going from 190 to 240 was a necessity for us. Moving on now is much harder. I’ll most likely wait and see what is Yamaha’s next big upgrade, and Ive heard rumors of some cool surf mods on the horizon! Lol

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@Mainah as much as you love tinkering with electronics you would have to shell out the big bucks to get one with all the fancy big touch screens and gadgets. I looked at a Supra that had a massive screen by driver, another screen over for passenger, power folding tower, etc. I'm sure you would have a field day dissecting how it all worked.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Oops looks lime I may be derailing @haknslash new boat thread. Love the boat man. Love reading about it. Can’t wait to hear about top speed, wave size, and see you landing a big air grab out on the new surf board.

MattFX4

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, sorry about that also. I am curious about fuel usage, but you did mention it is less than your Yamaha. Wonder how it compares to a twin engine Yamaha.

d_coyne1984

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There is something to be said about having a true surf system. No fumbling with attachments or bags hanging around the boat. Flip a switch to fill, select the side you want to surf and off you go. Want to switch sides during the surf session it’s no problem and the speed mine changes sides is pretty quick compared to say Surf Gate. The wave customization is pretty crazy and hard to capture the details the wave shape changes on video. For me that was a big selling factor and of course much more storage and seating space. The V8 growl is nice though and so far the fuel usage is much less than my Yamaha was!

It’s all in what you want. There’s nothing wrong with keeping your boat that you have spent time and money customizing to your liking if that is the boat that tickles you on the inside the most.
I completely agree. I had just finished all of the upgrades in my Yamaha that I wanted to do except installing the pumps for my ballast bags (which I had already purchased), so it was hard for me to think about selling my very affordable Yamaha for twice the boat payment, but it's amazing how nice it is to have a boat with all of those things built into the design rather than added on here and there. It's like going from a suped-up honda civic to a BMW M5 (price included...).

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yeah, sorry about that also. I am curious about fuel usage, but you did mention it is less than your Yamaha. Wonder how it compares to a twin engine Yamaha.
No need for apologies taking in my threads lol I don’t mind it at all so long as it’s about these boats or questions in general about it, so don’t worry ;)

I don’t know what a Yamaha twin burns if running a lot of ballast for a direct comparison but I think the v drive would still come out quite a bit more efficient. I’ve seen generally people get 4-5 gph surfing while running over 4,000 lbs of ballast. I think the Yamaha twins get that if cruising in the 25 mph range but that’s without any ballast. The jets propulsion won’t be as efficient as a prop will be when pulling heavy loads. My Raptor 400 doesn’t even seem to know or care the 3,000 lbs are filled. I haven’t counted the available vertical fuel “bars” on my gauge but I think it has like 25 bars or maybe more and I’ve only burned thru 2 or 3 bars in the 5 hours of break-in.

Of course this is with a 65 gallon tank but at this rate it looks like I will be able to enjoy the boat at least 2 or 3 weekends worth without having to fill it up which is a stark contrast from my AR192 which I could easily burn through a tank in a day or weekend. Obviously the more I surf the more fuel it would burn than just cruising but we will have a good mixture of cruising, chilling out in a cove and doing water sports. It will be interesting to get a good idea of fuel range and efficiency after a few tanks have gone through the boat to get an average.