• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

My new boat is in! Moomba Max

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The tour was great! I got to see some new 2020 stuff too but can’t talk about it :D. I think they do their new year announcements around August so won’t be too much longer. The boats are handmade with a lot of detail and care. Each stage requires a bunch of signatures and QA before it goes to the next stage on the line. They use some pretty cool materials in the construction of the boat. If you’re ever in the area for whatever reason I highly recommend stopping by the factory and taking a tour.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
My big black balls arrived today :D

Crazy fast shipping!!

The white things are a lot of ball plugs and a plug puller tool.

924BFAA5-3807-42F2-BC80-DAEC6D256F5D.jpegDF822C0E-D75C-496A-89B2-25277BECB106.jpeg

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Please let me know how these work. I want to go this route as well.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Please let me know how these work. I want to go this route as well.
Will do. @DBamaC has some similar balls that he used when we tied up and it helps keep the boats much further apart than a traditional 8" fender can do. These Exile balls have great reviews from everyone I've read that has them. I contemplated the WetSounds BABz balls as they can blow up to 24" but they are much more expensive and I feel 18" is plenty. They won't mark up your gelcoat either like a hard fender does.

See how much spacing from the dock they give on this Craz...

image.jpegimage.jpeg

BABzUSA

Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hey guys! I'm going to keep this short until I familiarize myself with the rules here. I'm the owner of BABz Boat Fenders here in Austin, TX. I try to make myself available to all the forums by periodically scanning the interwebs for activity. Today that led me here! I'm not here to push product. I'm simply here to answer any questions you might have about BABz. Happy to find a new forum to poke around on!

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
@haknslash. Just talked to my dealer today. Dropped the AR195 off. He said those balls good for tying up to other boats. But for docks he recommended these.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hey guys! I'm going to keep this short until I familiarize myself with the rules here. I'm the owner of BABz Boat Fenders here in Austin, TX. I try to make myself available to all the forums by periodically scanning the interwebs for activity. Today that led me here! I'm not here to push product. I'm simply here to answer any questions you might have about BABz. Happy to find a new forum to poke around on!
Welcome. Are we going to get a forum discount code? Would you recommend your fenders for tying boats up only or also against the docks?

BABzUSA

Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Welcome. Are we going to get a forum discount code? Would you recommend your fenders for tying boats up only or also against the docks?
Thanks! I'd be happy to extend a 10% forum discount. Just email me at chainline@babzusa.com and I'll set you up with a code. I have also done group buys for other forums in the past. I would be happy to set this up if there is interest for it.

I can't speak to other similar products and when this type of question is asked, the suits would tell me to regurgitate some kind of cookie cutter disclaimer. But I would 100% recommend BABz to be used against just about any dock. I’ll say our floating dock here on Lake Travis sits on a main channel and is covered in BABz (current model and some prototype testing). On the weekends it gets some pretty crazy wave action. We don’t use any other type of fender. Several years and just about any boat you can think of and they're doing just fine. Just need a cleaning every now and then to keep them looking good.

We have never had a BABz pop under normal use. We have had a few occurrences where one has deflated from the handle tearing. But all of these have been from them not being tied up properly. Each time the rope was tied in a way that created a ever tightening scenario with the handle. Eventually the rope created enough of a shearing effect where it cut. These were also under pretty extreme conditions. House boats during storms and what not.

When they are tied up properly, BABz are very hard to bust (see photo of handle below). The way @haknslash has his Exile balls tied is one of our recommended methods under extreme conditions. The only difference is sometimes we like to have it hang directly on the line that is going from cleat to cleat instead of a separate line underneath. This allows the ball to move freely and readjust itself with movement. On a second line, if the boat moves in too close to the dock, sometimes the ball/line can dip down too far. Other recommended methods include using gear ties (you can find these at home depot or amazon). These are great to tie BABz up to other objects that aren't cleats, like towers or railing. These are also just awesome to have for all around boating use. Rubber coated carabiners are also good. Hook It Clips is a good small business for those. Of course you are welcome to tie them up however you like. These are just our recommendations for extreme conditions. For 90% of scenarios you won't have issues tying them up in whatever method you prefer.

All of that being said, anything that inflates like BABz do has the ability to pop. They are not indestructible. If you pull up to a dock lined with nails and pitchforks, BABz are not going to survive. But random dock splinter you find on most public docks aren't going to do anything. We are actually working on some "stress test" videos to really show off their durability. If you happen to find yourself tying up to a particularly shady dock, I would just recommend tying up a backup. This is what the house boat guys out on Lake Powell do. But again, I wouldn't say it's necessary by any means.

Also, this was my comment on a thread in a facebook Tige Owners group I was being summoned to. The thread was discussing several different types of fenders... “For the record I am the owner of BABz. I am obviously biased here. So I’ll try and keep my comments short. Mission is a fine company. I’ve owned both their Delta wake shaper and their large inflatable mat. Both are well built products. I have not seen their fenders in person (I actually have now). But I’m sure they are built just as well. That being said, on my boat I want separation from whatever I’m tied to. Those and the other pad style just don’t do it for me. In calm conditions they will work great. But when the rollers come in I just don’t trust them. They also aren’t the best at contouring to different hulls. For me a ball style just works better. The Taylor Made traditional style commercial fenders are extremely heavy duty. They are nearly impossible to damage. But they WILL eventually scratch your boat’s gel coat. Usually sooner than later. It’s why a lot of people run the cloth/nylon sleeves over them. But those too will start scratching when they get dirty. The sleeves will work, you just have to make sure they stay very clean. When I see these tied up at public docks where they’ve been beat up for years without cleaning and people have their brand new 100k+ wake boats tied up, I legitimately get the shivers. Those are my quick thoughts. I’ll say BABz are much more heavy duty than a kids hopper ball. When you get one in your hands you will feel the difference. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.”

Edit: This is actually an older photo. We have beefed up the design even further since then. We have some new comparison photos coming out soon.

Attachments

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@haknslash. Just talked to my dealer today. Dropped the AR195 off. He said those balls good for tying up to other boats. But for docks he recommended these.

Those Sentry fenders don’t offer much protection if you look at how the sit on some boats. Stylish = yes but I don’t see a lot of protection over a large diameter durable ball or even traditional cylinder fender. They don’t have great reviews from folks on the Moomba forums but the Exile and similar balls have much better reviews.

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Those Sentry fenders don’t offer much protection if you look at how the sit on some boats. Stylish = yes but I don’t see a lot of protection over a large diameter durable ball or even traditional cylinder fender. They don’t have great reviews from folks on the Moomba forums but the Exile and similar balls have much better reviews.
what do most use on the moomba forum? I'd guess just traditional fenders with cloth wraps

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
what do most use on the moomba forum? I'd guess just traditional fenders with cloth wraps
Not sure but I'd guess most use large traditional fenders, second most probably the balls and lastly a few use Sentry fenders. I would certainly not use a Sentry fender where the water can be rough or tying up to a boat with board racks that don't swivel. They simply aren't thick enough to offer real protection and spacing from whatever you're tied up to. I normally use large fenders and I will keep them on the boat in case I need them but I wanted more than the 8-10" distance from the dock so that's why I went with the balls. I would have gone with BABz but they were quite a bit more expensive than the Exile's. I do love that they can inflate up to 24" though, which is crazy lol but really good for keeping distance from your boat and anything that could damage it!! I had a small scratch from the last outing because of metal bracing along the marina and despite my best efforts of having to get real creative stacking fenders horizontally and vertically, 8-10" simply wasn't enough and now I have 4 18" diameter balls plus 6 large traditional fenders to give me plenty of protection. As @BABzUSA mentioned you just need to make sure no nails are around and these balls will be perfectly fine and are very durable.

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Thanks! I'd be happy to extend a 10% forum discount. Just email me at chainline@babzusa.com and I'll set you up with a code. I have also done group buys for other forums in the past. I would be happy to set this up if there is interest for it.

I can't speak to other similar products and when this type of question is asked, the suits would tell me to regurgitate some kind of cookie cutter disclaimer. But I would 100% recommend BABz to be used against just about any dock. I’ll say our floating dock here on Lake Travis sits on a main channel and is covered in BABz (current model and some prototype testing). On the weekends it gets some pretty crazy wave action. We don’t use any other type of fender. Several years and just about any boat you can think of and they're doing just fine. Just need a cleaning every now and then to keep them looking good.

We have never had a BABz pop under normal use. We have had a few occurrences where one has deflated from the handle tearing. But all of these have been from them not being tied up properly. Each time the rope was tied in a way that created a ever tightening scenario with the handle. Eventually the rope created enough of a shearing effect where it cut. These were also under pretty extreme conditions. House boats during storms and what not.

When they are tied up properly, BABz are very hard to bust (see photo of handle below). The way @haknslash has his Exile balls tied is one of our recommended methods under extreme conditions. The only difference is sometimes we like to have it hang directly on the line that is going from cleat to cleat instead of a separate line underneath. This allows the ball to move freely and readjust itself with movement. On a second line, if the boat moves in too close to the dock, sometimes the ball/line can dip down too far. Other recommended methods include using gear ties (you can find these at home depot or amazon). These are great to tie BABz up to other objects that aren't cleats, like towers or railing. These are also just awesome to have for all around boating use. Rubber coated carabiners are also good. Hook It Clips is a good small business for those. Of course you are welcome to tie them up however you like. These are just our recommendations for extreme conditions. For 90% of scenarios you won't have issues tying them up in whatever method you prefer.

All of that being said, anything that inflates like BABz do has the ability to pop. They are not indestructible. If you pull up to a dock lined with nails and pitchforks, BABz are not going to survive. But random dock splinter you find on most public docks aren't going to do anything. We are actually working on some "stress test" videos to really show off their durability. If you happen to find yourself tying up to a particularly shady dock, I would just recommend tying up a backup. This is what the house boat guys out on Lake Powell do. But again, I wouldn't say it's necessary by any means.

Also, this was my comment on a thread in a facebook Tige Owners group I was being summoned to. The thread was discussing several different types of fenders... “For the record I am the owner of BABz. I am obviously biased here. So I’ll try and keep my comments short. Mission is a fine company. I’ve owned both their Delta wake shaper and their large inflatable mat. Both are well built products. I have not seen their fenders in person (I actually have now). But I’m sure they are built just as well. That being said, on my boat I want separation from whatever I’m tied to. Those and the other pad style just don’t do it for me. In calm conditions they will work great. But when the rollers come in I just don’t trust them. They also aren’t the best at contouring to different hulls. For me a ball style just works better. The Taylor Made traditional style commercial fenders are extremely heavy duty. They are nearly impossible to damage. But they WILL eventually scratch your boat’s gel coat. Usually sooner than later. It’s why a lot of people run the cloth/nylon sleeves over them. But those too will start scratching when they get dirty. The sleeves will work, you just have to make sure they stay very clean. When I see these tied up at public docks where they’ve been beat up for years without cleaning and people have their brand new 100k+ wake boats tied up, I legitimately get the shivers. Those are my quick thoughts. I’ll say BABz are much more heavy duty than a kids hopper ball. When you get one in your hands you will feel the difference. Feel free to contact me directly with any questions.”

Edit: This is actually an older photo. We have beefed up the design even further since then. We have some new comparison photos coming out soon.
I'd be down to order 4.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I have 4 Exile big black balls. 2 more than most people ;-). In any case - they are awesome. Highly recommend. They deflate and get out of the way when not needed and can be quickly inflated when it is time to tie up. I like them for rafting up WAAAAAYYYY better than traditional fenders. Also prefer them when tying up to a one sided pier as they keep the boat further off the pier. Good stuff.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Got a call yesterday from the dealer saying my boat was ready to pick-up. They performed all the break-in service and fluid changes. My fuel pump and gasket was not affected by the recall and was good to go. Last few times I had the boatout I noticed my depth finder would show “- - -“ and then start working again so I told them about it when I dropped it off. The confirmed something was wrong with it, ordered the new triducer and installed it for me.

While I was at the dealer I chatted with my salesman shooting the breeze. As I walked out I asked him how much for the nice Doomswell padded surf bags they had and he tossed me one and said bring me a customer some day lol. Gotta love my dealer Skiers Marine. They are freaking awesome!!

365D1F63-B001-4441-964E-D06346E772DA.jpeg

Decided I’d swing by a local lake (Lay) on the way home and see how the boat ran. When I pulled up to the launch it was packed and there was a bass tournament going on. I asked when the weigh in was and made sure to make it back to the launch before they all returned as it’s chaos if you’ve never seen a fishing tournament here in the south on the Coosa River lol. Launched my boat by myself which went off without an issue and I’m really getting the hang of crab walking the boat to the docks, so long as there is no stiff winds of course lol.

55B8D35B-1F97-4512-8ED8-FA1A6364E3A2.jpeg

I then headed out for some riding and noticed my Speedo was wayyyyyy off!! Like 15 mph off as I was screaming at 4000+ RPM but Speedo was saying only 18 mph or so lol. I knew I was going much faster than that. So I called my dealer and spoke with the service guys. I told them I was out testing the boat and was on the lake about 30 minutes or so from them. They knew exactly what the issue was and that my triducer was not quite lined straight pointing towards the bow meaning my paddle wheel was off a little. He asked if I wanted to fix it myself and he would walk me through it but then said he would send a tech mechanic to me and meet me back at the launch. Freaking awesome service!!!! Once the mechanic arrived he hopped onboard and we went out for a cruise to see how far out the speed was based off my gps app. He made an adjustment to the triducer and then we did some more speed runs and surf speeds to test the accuracy. We got it all aligned and got my paddle wheel Speedo dialed in with my gps app.

Dropped him back off at the dock and off I went to test some surf settings with just myself onboard. Obviously not ideal lol but I was able to make a really freaking long wave eventually after playing with settings and such. Still have so much to learn to make it how I want but it’s a fun thing to play around with.

AA45C852-5F72-4188-9B56-3BDB4B0F47AF.jpeg

C34E654C-8C7E-42F1-AC82-52A53370D5D5.jpeg

8B78D6D2-AB85-4EF6-9947-24316EB81AD6.jpeg

3177AD82-E355-4CF6-A37A-98FF3A337C9E.jpeg

0C1D6D91-CBF8-488D-9939-42CC6B706FD7.jpeg

028B4430-6937-4CA0-9063-E85980422654.jpeg

On the way back to the ramp I wanted to see what my top speed could be if I hammered on it and even with the surf/wake prop I was able to reach over 40 mph but didn’t care to rev the engine that high and backed her down to a nice cruise in the low 30’s. Wake had completely flattened out if anyone wanted to slalom those speeds :D

1BB1D064-2F22-435E-857D-939473214552.jpeg

BE000006-ACB2-4310-A002-49C6263941C9.jpeg

A132A5B4-1394-452C-9307-459FCEBA1ADA.jpeg

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Got a call yesterday from the dealer saying my boat was ready to pick-up. They performed all the break-in service and fluid changes. My fuel pump and gasket was not affected by the recall and was good to go. Last few times I had the boatout I noticed my depth finder would show “- - -“ and then start working again so I told them about it when I dropped it off. The confirmed something was wrong with it, ordered the new triducer and installed it for me.

While I was at the dealer I chatted with my salesman shooting the breeze. As I walked out I asked him how much for the nice Doomswell padded surf bags they had and he tossed me one and said bring me a customer some day lol. Gotta love my dealer Skiers Marine. They are freaking awesome!!

View attachment 97528

Decided I’d swing by a local lake (Lay) on the way home and see how the boat ran. When I pulled up to the launch it was packed and there was a bass tournament going on. I asked when the weigh in was and made sure to make it back to the launch before they all returned as it’s chaos if you’ve never seen a fishing tournament here in the south on the Coosa River lol. Launched my boat by myself which went off without an issue and I’m really getting the hang of crab walking the boat to the docks, so long as there is no stiff winds of course lol.

View attachment 97529

I then headed out for some riding and noticed my Speedo was wayyyyyy off!! Like 15 mph off as I was screaming at 4000+ RPM but Speedo was saying only 18 mph or so lol. I knew I was going much faster than that. So I called my dealer and spoke with the service guys. I told them I was out testing the boat and was on the lake about 30 minutes or so from them. They knew exactly what the issue was and that my triducer was not quite lined straight pointing towards the bow meaning my paddle wheel was off a little. He asked if I wanted to fix it myself and he would walk me through it but then said he would send a tech mechanic to me and meet me back at the launch. Freaking awesome service!!!! Once the mechanic arrived he hopped onboard and we went out for a cruise to see how far out the speed was based off my gps app. He made an adjustment to the triducer and then we did some more speed runs and surf speeds to test the accuracy. We got it all aligned and got my paddle wheel Speedo dialed in with my gps app.

Dropped him back off at the dock and off I went to test some surf settings with just myself onboard. Obviously not ideal lol but I was able to make a really freaking long wave eventually after playing with settings and such. Still have so much to learn to make it how I want but it’s a fun thing to play around with.

View attachment 97522

View attachment 97521

View attachment 97523

View attachment 97524

View attachment 97525

View attachment 97526

On the way back to the ramp I wanted to see what my top speed could be if I hammered on it and even with the surf/wake prop I was able to reach over 40 mph but didn’t care to rev the engine that high and backed her down to a nice cruise in the low 30’s. Wake had completely flattened out if anyone wanted to slalom those speeds :D

View attachment 97531

View attachment 97530
With just you on the boat that wave looks great. I really think all the my wave sucks with stock ballast is overblown. When your use to knee high waves anything else is better.. So we gonna get some surfing videos this weekend.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With just you on the boat that wave looks great. I really think all the my wave sucks with stock ballast is overblown. When your use to knee high waves anything else is better.. So we gonna get some surfing videos this weekend.
I agree a lot of it is likely overblown. Everyone always wants the biggest and baddest anything in life lol. The stock wave will certainly hold us over this summer until I add more ballast. Can’t wait to ride on the wave likely next weekend due to stuff we need to do tomorrow and weather not looking that great. I had to race back to the ramp to beat no only the tournament fisherman but also a massive supercell developing around me. Made it out just in time before the bottom fell out :D

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I agree a lot of it is likely overblown. Everyone always wants the biggest and baddest anything in life lol. The stock wave will certainly hold us over this summer until I add more ballast. Can’t wait to ride on the wave likely next weekend due to stuff we need to do tomorrow and weather not looking that great. I had to race back to the ramp to beat no only the tournament fisherman but also a massive supercell developing around me. Made it out just in time before the bottom fell out :D
Those are the best races back to the dock, beating the storm in. I'm about to buy a wetsuit so I can surf whenever. Your dealer sounds awesome. The wave size is all relative to what you had before. I know we both will see a giant difference. Maybe not so much if coming from a Centurion or Malibu etc.

OrangeTJ

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So fun to follow this thread! My wake is nowhere near that flat at top speed. Pretty cool how long of a wave you were able to get dialed in! You are going to love surfing behind that thing!

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
So fun to follow this thread! My wake is nowhere near that flat at top speed. Pretty cool how long of a wave you were able to get dialed in! You are going to love surfing behind that thing!
I can't wait to surf on it! It is pretty crazy watching how the wave changes with small incremental changes. In some of those pics you can see the wave laid down more of a slim style and that was with maybe 75% or more wake plate. Other pics where it's real steep and vertical surf style wave the wake plate was at 0%. When I changed it to 15 and 25 wake plate it was a nice mix of the two wave styles and made it long once I bumped the speeds into the low 11's. If I back it down to say 10.6 or so the wave gets taller and of course shorter. Just real cool how you can quickly and easily change the shape with no fuss and just a few taps on the settings lol! Now that the break-in is done with I can really start playing around with this thing when I have a crew onboard. I'm going to order the wakemakers Max kit sometime likely towards the end of summer as I save up for it. It adds larger rear bags and midship bags good for 1800 lbs each side which will give me a total of 4,800 lbs of ballast. I'll likely have a few hundred lbs of lead to get me a little over 5200 lbs. It should be a monster wave later in the year or next season!! I need to buy a metal carport first and then can get some of the wake goodies. Glad you're enjoying the ride of this thread :cool::winkingthumbsup"

Last edited:

Arcadyus

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I can't wait to surf on it! It is pretty crazy watching how the wave changes with small incremental changes. In some of those pics you can see the wave payed down more of a slim style and that was with maybe 75% or more wake plate. Other pics where it's real steep and vertical surf style wave the wake plate was at 0%. When I changed it to 15 and 25 wake plate it was a nice mix of the two wave styles and made it long once I bumped the speeds into the low 11's. If I back it down to say 10.6 or so the wave gets taller and of course shorter. Just real cool how you can quickly and easily change the shape with no fuss and just a few taps on the settings lol! Now that the break-in is done with I can really start playing around with this thing when I have a crew onboard. I'm going to order the wakemakers Max kit sometime likely towards the end of summer as I save up for it. It adds larger rear bags and midship bags good for 1800 lbs each side which will give me a total of 4,800 lbs of ballast. I'll likely have a few hundred lbs of lead to get me a little over 5200 lbs. It should be a monster wave later in the year or next season!! I need to buy a metal carport first and then can get some of the wake goodies. Glad you're enjoying the ride of this thread :cool::winkingthumbsup"
are you Opposed to all lead? I'm going to add 1200 lbs all under my stock bags. Couple people on the forums trailer up to 1600 lbs of lead. I just know you liked all the storage and am pretty sure you'll lose some with the wakemaker upgrade. But who the fuck needs all that space it's not a camper lol