• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a new fuel tank!

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That looks outstanding @MutherTucker ! The free labor and install was a bonus! Glad to see you are back on the water. Soak it up!

Eurocat

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That came out really nice, the boat looks brand new.
Enjoy the rest of the season.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Glad to see you are back in action. Now go make up for lost time.

JetBoatPilot

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm bringing this thread back to life. I have a 2006 AR230, the threads where the fuel pump braces bolt into the tank are stripped and causing a big leak. A fuel tank out of an 07-09 AR230 is the same, updated fuel tank. Correct?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm bringing this thread back to life. I have a 2006 AR230, the threads where the fuel pump braces bolt into the tank are stripped and causing a big leak. A fuel tank out of an 07-09 AR230 is the same, updated fuel tank. Correct?
That’s a big expense to go through.... Why not use some epoxy then retap the plastic threads?

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s a big expense to go through.... Why not use some epoxy then retap the plastic threads?
Because I am not experienced in it. I'm not opposed to it, if it will work long term. I do have a fuel tank from a wrecked 08 AR230 just sitting around, so it wouldn't be too big of an expense. I really don't want to have to cut the floor up and fiberglass it back down.

Are you sure epoxying it will work and hold up long term? What materials would be needed? Where could i get the epoxy?

Any insight is helpful and appreciated.

captainhook

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited
Boat Length
Do you have a 2006 or 2008? I know you said 2006 but your sig line and profile say 2008. If it's the latter, can't you just remove the factory hatch instead of cutting? I've never had mine off but it sure looks big enough to get the tank out of from the looks of it.

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a 2006, 2007, and 2008. I also have a wrecked 2008 that I can scavenge parts off of.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
If you have the tank it might be the way to go.