• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a new fuel tank!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Here's is a snippet of the communication between my dealer and Yamaha. Do you see how Joe is asking specifically when the F$%^&*@ tank is going to be here? That's because he knows I'm going to be a Muther Tucker and demand that tiny little detail!

C'mon guys, keep your fingers crossed for me!

1st of next week.JPG

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
WOW, You should make a movie thriller out of this @MutherTucker. I think they went through less trouble in the movie Saving Private Ryan.

dustinjean

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Axis
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
i would have already pulled the trigger on a tige lol, hopefully you get your tank soon though there is no way i could watch my boat just sit while waiting on a tank i would have had an aluminum one made and been done in a few weeks if i were in your shoes

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Why not plumb in an outboard tank as a temporary solution? You can get a 24 gallon for around $200 then sell it after you have your new tank. You would need a pump (or two) some fuel hose and wire as well.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Why not plumb in an outboard tank as a temporary solution? You can get a 24 gallon for around $200 then sell it after you have your new tank. You would need a pump (or two) some fuel hose and wire as well.
After working on my tank this season. I don't think it would be that easy. Our boats are pretty unique being that they have two fuel pumps almost side by side and very little slack in either fuel lines and fuel filler neck. It would be hard to find an off the shelf temporary fix. I'd hate to splice into the existing fuel lines only to have a different issue later.

Hang in there @MutherTucker we are pulling for you.

trace

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Keeping our fingers crossed for you Renee. Hope that tank comes through in time.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's just the thing. I don't want to mess with the existing items that are in tact. I'm also not mechanical so I do not have the confidence to rig something. Just waiting. Almost over I hope. :) Will update this week!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
The fuel tank is in. The fuel tank is in! Keep your fingers crossed it's the right one and the fuel pumps fit and no more drama. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeeee.

Gym

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
The fuel tank is in. The fuel tank is in! Keep your fingers crossed it's the right one and the fuel pumps fit and no more drama. Pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaassssssseeeeeeeeeee.
That's great @MutherTucker. I'm really happy you finally got that resolved so you can get some time on the water this summer. Have a blast.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!! This is great news! Finger crossed!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Isn't she a beaut? I measured. It's an exact match so far. It came with a fuel sender so that is taken care of. Any advice for installing the fuel pumps? I'm praying mine fit. I was told they are the same.

new tank.JPG

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats one "Puuuuurdy" piece of equipment you have riding back there. Good luck getting it installed rather quickly.

Wayloncle

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Check out that sender and make sure it's not touching the bottom!!:)

Happy for you!

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
That's awesome!!! Now get it in the boat and fill it up!!

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great. Fingers crossed. It looks like the fuel pumps should fit. My pumps actually telescope in and out a little bit to accommodate slight differences in depth of tank. Hopefully everything will line up just fine!!!

Reactions: 007

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Heck, I will even cross my toes. Oh, and don't drop it. :)

Englewoodcowboy

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Fingers crossed Renee! Show us some pics of it in the hull where it belongs... better yet you on the water where you belong!