• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

Need a new fuel tank!

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I suspect you will have many boats willing to take your family out for some watersports.

rkgdmd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We are a party of 5! I have 3 daughters 15, 13, and 11. Good times. ;)
Hmm...I can sympathize with your husband. Same situation here 1 wife and three daughters. Lots of estrogen in my house. Lol. I'm actually a little jealous though....I couldn't get my wife to put gas in the boat...let alone rip out a fuel tank!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm...I can sympathize with your husband. Same situation here 1 wife and three daughters. Lots of estrogen in my house. Lol. I'm actually a little jealous though....I couldn't get my wife to put gas in the boat...let alone rip out a fuel tank!
Ha, yes, lots of girl talk happening in this house. Sometimes Tuck will just turn and walk out of the room. We crack up.

Yeah, I ripped out my fuel tank. Not by choice!

I also bought some boat "supplies" shhhhh don't tell the hubby. :p

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Renee, I am confident you will be on the water well before "The Gathering". .....................but if not, you and the gang are welcomed on Perfect Heaven II!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If anyone can find me an F1TU77102100 in stock somewhere I will buy you an ice cream cone!!!!

I talked to mother Yamaha and although the specs are exactly the same the fuel sender is a little bit different, so of course they won't put any guarantee that it will work; however the fuel sender comes already installed with the tank.

Yamaha doesn't have any in stock of course and would have to have the tank manufactured, looks like that's going to take two months.....

It is what it is at least my boat will be worth something and not nothing!!!

You all won't be able to beat my mod list...lol

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Oh and @sstegh came up from Missouri and took us on Lake Shelbyville this past Sunday. His family spoiled us on their beautiful new boat!

I need not be spending time on these newer boats!!! They are lovely, but I still found a cup holder to kneel on. ouch!

Scott has no idea how much of my boatless sadness he took away this weekend. It reminded me that it's all worth it!! Especially for my Yammi.

ToddW850

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would never have thought in a million years you would have this much of a problem with a gas tank in one of these boats. Unfortunately it's a nightmare, but once you get it fixed and get on that water again, you won't think twice about it. Plus, now there is an awesome thread on this forum should this happen to another member.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
New Tank is ordered. Old tank has been patched and holding 10 gallons of water for 2 days....think this girl is gonna be gettin' a tan soon. :joyful:

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@rkgdmd and @Boat Crazy I ended up ordering the tank from the Yamaha dealer (Joe from Springfield Marina) because yamaha still has the tank rights.

The marina has attempted to seal the hole which will only be temporary, but I'm sure will hold for a couple of months until I get the new tank.

And Joe also ate the cost of the custom tank he incorrectly ordered, so this girl is pretty sure she knows where she's buying from when it's time to upgrade....because the next one I buy is going to have new boat smell!

Last edited:

sstegh

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Oh and @sstegh came up from Missouri and took us on Lake Shelbyville this past Sunday. His family spoiled us on their beautiful new boat!

I need not be spending time on these newer boats!!! They are lovely, but I still found a cup holder to kneel on. ouch!

Scott has no idea how much of my boatless sadness he took away this weekend. It reminded me that it's all worth it!! Especially for my Yammi.
@MutherTucker we had a great time with you and your family! Great news on your tank, I can't believe you've had to go through all this. We are plannimg to be there for the fireworks on the 4th, I hope you guys are able to hang out again.

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
That was really big of that Yamaha dealer to take care of you like that. I hope others will give them a chance to earn their business.

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That was really big of that Yamaha dealer to take care of you like that. I hope others will give them a chance to earn their business.
100% agree! Joe has been great. This was uncharted territory for them too. They have never dealt with a hole in a fuel tank before. I would buy from them in a heartbeat. I'm hoping they show up at the boat gathering in Shelbyville.

Here's their info in case anyone is in the central IL area.
http://www.lakespringfieldmarina.com/index.cfm?pID=2616

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have the patched tank in my possession. Repeat, patched tank is in my possession. Looks like it could last years, but not taking the chance! Boat's going in on Monday and fiberglass will be temporarily replaced. Going to power wash the carpet and "sweeping it under the rug" till the new tank arrives.

itsdgm

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That's awesome @MutherTucker hooefully this will get you through the season, and you can finish up the repair in the winter. Keep us posted.

tdonoughue

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
A light at the end of the fuel tank... We want pics of your first outing this year, very soon!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm putting the boat in the water today! Patched tank is temporarily installed. I NEED to be on the water! New tank is ordered and should be here in 30 days. My mechanic took the ol girl out on Saturday and woke up the motors after a long nap. He said she is running good, but then told me I need a Tigé.....Ha!

MutherTucker

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@sstegh ready for a raft up on the 4th?!? fireworks on the lake!