• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 Models

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Naw .......... Actually lotta truth in those remarks ....... LOL !
Take Care, Buddy !
Well, then quit typin' and grab the keys and Barbie and get goin'!

Glassman

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Retractable fins have been around for a while. I once had an urge to install one on my boat. That didn't last long, but I still think about it. :cool:

fin.jpg

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I do not know if anyone is interested ........... But since y'all posted that weblink for Yamaha's youtube video site ...........
I did look at several of the boat "tests" / reviews with Randy Vance / Boating Magazine.
It IS indeed interesting ........ IF you wanted to see why so many of us love Lake Oconee, and why it is rated as 1 of the top "resort living" lakes in America .........
You might be able to glance quickly at the videos and see why .......... The Yamaha tests shown were all done on Lake Oconee !
If ya look quickly you can ever see the beach and boat docking area for the Ritz Carlton @ Lake Oconee - The only hotel/resort on the lake.
Just thought y'all might be interested in knowing this.
Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee - GA

PS - And oh yeah .......... Nope ....... I don't know a thing about the 2015 models. Sorry.
I hear people are so crazy about Lake Oconee they literally lose their heads! (Too soon?)

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Poor Mikey....all of sudden we are picking on him. I am sure he realizes that we are just teasing and the real reason for the comments is that we are jealous he is on such a nice lake.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey ! It's all GOOD .......... I kinda enjoyed the ribbin' !

Y'all enjoy a wonderful boating weekend ! I'm goin' on a Boyz Nite Out with my son and others to watch the Braves lose one more game ....... LOL !
Byeeeeee .......... LOL ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

farrelltravis

Jetboaters Captain
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey ! It's all GOOD .......... I kinda enjoyed the ribbin' !

Y'all enjoy a wonderful boating weekend ! I'm goin' on a Boyz Nite Out with my son and others to watch the Braves lose one more game ....... LOL !
Byeeeeee .......... LOL ! Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA
Have a blast at the Braves game!

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm ready to buy!! Just waiting on the 2015 models to be announced, then will pick up the 242LS if I can get a deal.

Any tips on getting some end of season deals?

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You won't find any great deals on the 2015 out of the gate. You will find some great deals on the 2014's but might end up traveling far to find a left over and a dealer willing to free up his credit line with Yamaha.

MikeyL

Passed Away
In Memoriam-RIP
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
@Kane Martin - What state do you hail from ? So we might be able to suggest some dealers to you. By no means are they all the same on pricing and how they take care of customers. Best Wishes, Mikey Lulejian - Lake Oconee, GA

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
i guess I wasn't clear. Want to see the new lineup and make a decision. I might pull the trigger on a 2014 if a deal is to be found.

I am in Atlanta GA and will be on Lake Lanier.

Master-Spud

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautique
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With all this talk of new things for the 2015 I am trying really hard not to regret buying my 2014 212X a couple of weeks ago. Is it bad that I am hoping for not much change lol

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
i guess I wasn't clear. Want to see the new lineup and make a decision. I might pull the trigger on a 2014 if a deal is to be found..
Eagerly awaiting the 2015 lineup here, too. In the same situation as Kane and will be first in line for a 2015 if there are enough changes. Otherwise, will be looking for a dealer in Texas to deal on a 2014...there seem to be plenty left and even some 2013s out of state.

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The Google turned up some interesting info on 2015 engine certification. If EPA and Canada reference to CARB standard for MY15 are to be believed, looks like the 242 is still on the books as a model. Does that rule out the possibility of 242 going bigger (as the case from 232 to 242 a few years back)?

CARB site
http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/offroad/cert/eo/2015/sime/u-w-003-0284.pdf

EPA site (Excel spreadsheet)
http://www.epa.gov/otaq/cert/eng-cert/mar/mar-si-cert-ghg-15.xls

Also, the horsepower rating is the same as last year. Maybe I'm missing something because for the engine EYMXM1.814GD, 154hp doesn't seem like a lot--even when there's two. It's going to be really disappointing if we don't see a new hull, increased horsepower, or something else really innovative this year.

Guess we'll know soon enough. It's fun to speculate until then!

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
With all this talk of new things for the 2015 I am trying really hard not to regret buying my 2014 212X a couple of weeks ago. Is it bad that I am hoping for not much change lol
Your going to be upset... :) .... j/k

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
My bet is that we will see a rudder system added, minimal decorative and perhaps acoustical changes to the current lineup and a new model being introduced that will not be interesting to many of us.

Our boats are already among the fastest to plane and 0 to 30. So I don't believe that more power would be much of a selling point.

Over the next few years I expect to see real changes in fit and finish and a wake surfing hull design.

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I agree w/Bruce. I'm betting just basic interior additions/colors, and better slow speed control thingamajigger added. Although, I'm a new 2014 AR owner & I have no problem w/slow speed maneuvers. Take it slow & it'll go where you want it.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i guess I wasn't clear. Want to see the new lineup and make a decision. I might pull the trigger on a 2014 if a deal is to be found.

I am in Atlanta GA and will be on Lake Lanier.
@cane.mba any dealer suggestions?

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length