• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

New 2015 Models

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Don't do it... They significantly changed their steering. I think you're making a mistake.
It's hard to say. One one hand you might want to newer design, but on the other hand Yamaha most likely wont have any promotions on the 2015 until spring. And they might have a significant price increase to go along with the significant changes. Which could make the 2014's sell very well, and he might miss that opportunity.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Well…wtf @RobA! Do tell!
Was going off of the teaser video and the other rumors around the sites. Notice in the teaser that when he chops the throttles the boat doesnt start to spin like every other yamaha boat out there...

Dont get me wrong, I love my 242, but I would most certainly wait until the announcement to pick up a new one.

Of course, to each their own I guess...

I should have said, in my opinion, I think you're making a mistake by not waiting. I totally get the excitement and anticipation of shopping for a new boat!

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What do you all believe a good price would be on a new 2014 model?

include the following:
Deluxe Mooring cover
YES warranty
safety kit
anchor kit

Don't include tax.

That would make you take it today rather than the 2015?

Boat Crazy

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Everyone's speculation is as good as mine. I suspect these New, changed 2015's are going to come with a hefty price increase. If not, they will have difficulty selling the older boats. I will say if the price your quoted is not $4000 or more off, I would wait out a week. Their price will not increase on the 2014 IMO. The bottom line: YOU need to decide what is best for you, not us. Go with your heart and gut feeling. Whatever you decide, we will be happy to see you in a new toy.

Murf'n'surf

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Current Yamaha incentives are good until 8/31/14. If you are using them, I would hold off until the 2015's are released because 95% of buyers will be buying the 2015's and that makes your dealings even better. No need to rush at this time of year unless you are gearing up for the Florida fall boating season.

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

include the following:
Deluxe Mooring cover
YES warranty
safety kit
anchor kit

Don't include tax.

The 5 year warranty is being offered as a promotion for free and MSRP is $56,800. Are you getting 2.99% financing too?

The dealer cost on the cover is $500. Dealers will sometimes knock $500 off for boat show promo, so I would guess they quoted around the MSRP for everything. If they found a way to get you the gas card too or something close to it, it could be anywhere between $54,800 - $56,800.

If it is between those numbers, I would still wait. As previously mentioned, the promo is good until the end of the month.

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

include the following:
Deluxe Mooring cover
YES warranty
safety kit
anchor kit

Don't include tax.

This is for the 242 Limited S

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The 5 year warranty is being offered as a promotion for free and MSRP is $56,800. Are you getting 2.99% financing too?

The dealer cost on the cover is $500. Dealers will sometimes knock $500 off for boat show promo, so I would guess they quoted around the MSRP for everything. If they found a way to get you the gas card too or something close to it, it could be anywhere between $54,800 - $56,800.

If it is between those numbers, I would still wait. As previously mentioned, the promo is good until the end of the month.
going with the 2.99 financing

BoaterGuy

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA

Rigger

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was going off of the teaser video and the other rumors around the sites. Notice in the teaser that when he chops the throttles the boat doesnt start to spin like every other yamaha boat out there...

Dont get me wrong, I love my 242, but I would most certainly wait until the announcement to pick up a new one.

Of course, to each their own I guess...

I should have said, in my opinion, I think you're making a mistake by not waiting. I totally get the excitement and anticipation of shopping for a new boat!
Ahh - it's all good. Hadn't noticed that in the video. Just thought you might have some insider info and was skirting around full disclosure ;)

Geiger41

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I got 1.99 financing through Yamaha in September of last year.. that number should pop up again through Yamaha....if not you can find this rate with a little research...

Pointblank

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Since you asked, Kane, going strictly off of what I've seen on eBay, Boats.com, etc, I'd say somewhere around $52k is a great deal...no more than $53k with the warranty and extras. Close?

Personally, though, I'd have to see a number south of $50k to even entertain buying a 2014 before next week's announcement.

SCSTWG

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In addition to seeing what new models and features come out, it is going to be interesting to see what the new price point is. If recent history is any indicator, I would expect to see a nice little bump in price which might make a 2014 all that more attractive.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Since you asked, Kane, going strictly off of what I've seen on eBay, Boats.com, etc, I'd say somewhere around $52k is a great deal...no more than $53k with the warranty and extras. Close?

Personally, though, I'd have to see a number south of $50k to even entertain buying a 2014 before next week's announcement.
You might get a dealer to sell you a 2014 for those prices in 2016.

Kane Martin

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in IT. So I like to read about bleeding edge, play with cutting edge, and implement leading edge!!!

Same goes for my purchases, and I usually get a great product that is dependable. For a purchase item this large(for me at least) I want something that has a couple of reversions and has had most the kinks worked out. I would rather spend my time upgrading/adding instead of repairing/troubleshooting. And for those repair situations I will be in and out promptly because the dealer has seen my issue and knows the fix immediately!!

SO here's to hoping I can work out a deal tomorrow and be a JetBoater!!!

cane.mba

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sorry I've been slammed with work and it looks like I missed my chance to chime in. @Kane Martin which dealer did you go through?

Also I just pulled this of the Yamaha FB page...

image.jpg

TN888

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I purchased a AR240 recently and the dealer sold me the boat for Yamaha's list $50,499 w/2.99 financing. He removed all dealer fees. Only the state tax was added to price above.

He did throw in $100 worth of accessories. FYI

B_Mutter

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
NA
Leaving on Monday to head to Miami!! Can't wait to show you guys what is unveiled on Tuesday night! You can check out our FB page for the first release pictures that night.. www.facebook.com/twincitymarineinc Our rep says this is going to be a huge year all around with the boats and waverunners!